Home

NBA Live 16 Gameplay Video - Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (2 Mins.)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 16 Gameplay Video - Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (2 Mins.) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2015, 12:25 AM   #9
Rookie

Hornetz's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA Live 16 Gameplay Video - Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (2 Min

Saddens me I'll never be able to enjoy Live even though it looks terrific because of the camera view. I can't roll with the broadcast view and wish they had something like to 2K view offered
Old 06-19-2015, 12:43 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA Live 16 Gameplay Video - Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (2 Min

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
I gotta admit I'm just not impressed up to this point. Great that sliders have been added but a lot of the animations still look whacked!!! It's still early on so I'm hoping that it improves as it gets closer to release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah the animations are just still lagging behind....

I'm not saying canned animations is the best way to go but EA seems to be struggling with their direction towards how they want the game to animate.

It seems like they have a great vision they just can't seem to put the nail in the coffin when it comes to player movement...

Graphics, Courts and sounds are all top notch but I've felt that way about Live even going back 4-5 years.....

The animations is the only thing besides Synergy IMO keeping this from becoming a great game when it translates to the floor.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-19-2015, 12:43 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetz
Saddens me I'll never be able to enjoy Live even though it looks terrific because of the camera view. I can't roll with the broadcast view and wish they had something like to 2K view offered

They do have a camera view that replicates the same "2K Camera View" for Live 16.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2015, 01:21 AM   #12
PC/PS4 Gamer

Rob. D's Arena

OVR: 14

Seeing all Live 15 animations smh
Old 06-19-2015, 01:25 AM   #13
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Yeah the animations are just still lagging behind....

I'm not saying canned animations is the best way to go but EA seems to be struggling with their direction towards how they want the game to animate.

It seems like they have a great vision they just can't seem to put the nail in the coffin when it comes to player movement...

Graphics, Courts and sounds are all top notch but I've felt that way about Live even going back 4-5 years.....

The animations is the only thing besides Synergy IMO keeping this from becoming a great game when it translates to the floor.
Players move like they're on sling shots in these videos. They had an issue in 15 where the free throws felt that way, and they fixed it. I wouldn't worry too much on how it looks at E3. When they show the game at Gamescom and it still looks like this, that's when you should worry. While the videos are horrible, you get a sense of what they're trying to do though, like I said in a previous post, there's probably a lot of missing animations.

I just think they're making a basketball game where you have to play a certain way (slow paced) rather than a fast pace. We'll see. Hopefully we can edit (and save) players attributes and change certain sliders to our liking. I still feel that the sliders list will be limited.

Just my opinion
Old 06-19-2015, 01:53 AM   #14
Rookie

zmoney117's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
Players move like they're on sling shots in these videos. They had an issue in 15 where the free throws felt that way, and they fixed it. I wouldn't worry too much on how it looks at E3. When they show the game at Gamescom and it still looks like this, that's when you should worry. While the videos are horrible, you get a sense of what they're trying to do though, like I said in a previous post, there's probably a lot of missing animations.

I just think they're making a basketball game where you have to play a certain way (slow paced) rather than a fast pace. We'll see. Hopefully we can edit (and save) players attributes and change certain sliders to our liking. I still feel that the sliders list will be limited.

Just my opinion
I agree. Its still early and they have time to fix some of these animations. I really hope someone from team is reading our posts on here about what we don't like. We've complained about the jumpballs and post game all season, yet its still the same and they haven't mentioned anything about the post game as of yet. Makes me feel like they aren't listening...
Old 06-19-2015, 03:49 AM   #15
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

I think it looks solid for this stage in development, I expect it not to be amazing but I think the game is looking pretty solid thus far. EA is heading in the right direction, hopefully it plays and feels better than it looks but at any rate it looks solid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2015, 10:12 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1
I feel like ball physics has always been a miss. Just looks odd every time the ball hits the rim every year for me. Graphics look pretty solid on some players tho.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »