Home

NBA Live 16 Features Over 8,000 New Animations

This is a discussion on NBA Live 16 Features Over 8,000 New Animations within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2015, 03:36 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 16 Features Over 8,000 New Animations

The animations they speak of in this article to me sound like they are only speaking of the physical part of the game. What about new signature animations like freethrows, signature jumpshots, dunks, layups, etc.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:52 PM   #10
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
I hope they improved the net physics also. There needs to be more of a variation in the way the ball goes through the net. In Live almost every shot is a swish smh. This is a major issue for me.
When was the last time you played this game? A lot of the net interactions happens depending on the release of the jump shot. I've had back iron shot, swishes, off the front rim. I've seen a ton of variations
Old 07-07-2015, 04:09 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
When was the last time you played this game? A lot of the net interactions happens depending on the release of the jump shot. I've had back iron shot, swishes, off the front rim. I've seen a ton of variations
There's not nearly enough of a variation in Live 15. Not only that, the net physics in Live are not smooth at all similar to their animations. I'm not saying EVERY shot is a swish but most are (not enough back rim shots, etc..) That said, I did notice improvement from the Live 16 vids I've seen but still not fluid enough. I hope this is improved upon before release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2015, 04:27 PM   #12
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
There's not nearly enough of a variation in Live 15. Not only that, the net physics in Live are not smooth at all similar to their animations. I'm not saying EVERY shot is a swish but most are (not enough back rim shots, etc..) That said, I did notice improvement from the Live 16 vids I've seen but still not fluid enough. I hope this is improved upon before release.
You notice there's a lot depending on which players you shoot with, you get different results with KD, than with Damian Lillard. I should have said that in my previous post
Old 07-07-2015, 04:28 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
The animations they speak of in this article to me sound like they are only speaking of the physical part of the game. What about new signature animations like freethrows, signature jumpshots, dunks, layups, etc.

They can't mo cap signature stuff without that actual player doing them I think. They just have to create those using some tool most likely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2015, 04:41 PM   #14
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

“We’ve added thousands of new animations with LIVE Motion,” says Dougan. In total, there are over 8,000 new animations in NBA LIVE 16, which add up to make off-ball movement more realistic.

“This team listens to player feedback religiously,” says O’Brien. “We pride ourselves on it.”

These guys sure know how the say the right things...
i hope most of those new animations are in the post and in the paint area...but so far all the right things are being said so again like last year am looking forward to playing this game
Old 07-07-2015, 05:20 PM   #15
MVP

BiggD's Arena

OVR: 18

I feel like a kid again, With each info tidbit or screen shot it just leaves me wanting more!!!!!
3.Blake Griffin
4.Ben Wallace
5.Shawn Kemp
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2015, 05:24 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyattia
They can't mo cap signature stuff without that actual player doing them I think. They just have to create those using some tool most likely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not true at all, they have athletes that come in to impersonate most nba players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »