Home

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Trial Available Now on EA Access, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Trial Available Now on EA Access, Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 06:05 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Trial Available Now on EA Access, Post Your Impressions

Just shot +12 at Chambers Bay. Not sure if it was the course or my newness to this version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2015, 06:17 PM   #34
Just started!

Symphoniczz's Arena

OVR: 0
When were you guys able to play? I'm at 15% and patiently waiting to play, haven't played a tiger woods game since tiger woods 10 on the 360..
Old 07-08-2015, 06:20 PM   #35
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Trial Available Now on EA Access, Post Your Impressions

^^ about 20% I think
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2015, 06:21 PM   #36
Banned

I have been looking forward to this for some time on the ps4. Golf games stand and fall with the putting. I loved tw14 on the 360 but some online players were posting ludicrously low scores and hitting the ball silly distances. I find the golf club to be boring and there are Plenty of players cheating with joypad mods.
I do hope this game proves to be a challenge. Tour mode will be very short initially with only 9 courses before dlc is released.
What are the quality of the graphics?
I remember many years ago that the Palmer series on PC looked incredible but was completely boring, so graphics aren't everything. It's all about the content and difficulty levels.
Fingers crossed that this game is good. F1 2015 arrives on Friday here in the Uk and then it's this game next week. A big week for sports gamers.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:24 PM   #37
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Little bit of a let down that tour seems easy. But I do have to ask what were you guys hoping to shoot on tour +12? I mean +1 or -5 seems about right to me. You don't see tour pros shooting 65-58 every round, just saying. Not trying to troll here or be a jerk, just curious as to what you guys were expecting. And no I can't speak for myself as I don't have the game yet.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:30 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Little bit of a let down that tour seems easy. But I do have to ask what were you guys hoping to shoot on tour +12? I mean +1 or -5 seems about right to me. You don't see tour pros shooting 65-58 every round, just saying. Not trying to troll here or be a jerk, just curious as to what you guys were expecting. And no I can't speak for myself as I don't have the game yet.
The concern is that even the "hard mode" seems to be pretty easy to "pick up and play well".

Since there are different levels of play, I know that I personally was hoping one of those modes would be really really challenging and keep me working hard at it for a long while.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:31 PM   #39
Rookie

EA Tim has said that he thinks "3 Click" is harder than "Tour" - Crazy weird if true
Old 07-08-2015, 06:34 PM   #40
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17
Can someone look at the Tour Mode calendar/schedule or whatever they are using this year. Are there only 8 events or are there more events than that and we just repeat courses?

Also, I can't remember how Tiger Woods worked, will DLC Courses be used in Tour Mode or only the ones that come originally with the game?

Thanks
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »