Home

NHL 16 EASHL Announcement Coming Later This Month For NHL 15

This is a discussion on NHL 16 EASHL Announcement Coming Later This Month For NHL 15 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 11:40 AM   #9
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4
interesting... if they add some sort of update to the NHL15 version of team-up or even a beta test for it, I'd just might have to reinstall it.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:01 PM   #10
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NHL 16 EASHL Announcement Coming Later This Month For NHL 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Way back in August, EA was telling disappointed NHL 15 owners that Online Team Play would be coming "in layers," and that we'd eventually be able to play with our friends in full 6 vs. 6 action, not just the 5 vs. 5 with AI goalies and randomized matchmaking that we ended up getting stuck with. So maybe that's what this is: the fabled "second layer" of OTP that never arrived.
An entire year later? I suppose absolutely anything is possible at this point. It seems like it would be better posed as a limited server test for NHL 16, rather than a year late patch for NHL 15.

I feel like if I think about this series in it's current state for more than 10 seconds at a time, my brain will explode.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:56 PM   #11
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Way back in August, EA was telling disappointed NHL 15 owners that Online Team Play would be coming "in layers," and that we'd eventually be able to play with our friends in full 6 vs. 6 action, not just the 5 vs. 5 with AI goalies and randomized matchmaking that we ended up getting stuck with. So maybe that's what this is: the fabled "second layer" of OTP that never arrived.
Thank you for posting this, as it serves as a direct reminder of the lies that the consumers of NHL 15 next gen were fed and the failed release that was.

Part of our commitment around OTP is transparent development.
There was everything but transparency within the development of NHL 15 and any of its modes, prior to or post launch.

We will be communicating the details around a layered launch of OTP in the next little bit. In the spirit of getting an OTP experience into the hands of our fans ASAP, the first version of OTP that you will get to play will be random join.
This is obviously all that we ever got. They made such a big deal about how hard they worked just to get this into NHL 15, too. There were hardly any modes in the game at launch and when OTP was released it was such a mess and a letdown that many abandoned the game entirely.

The next area of focus will be the ability to meet up with your friends and enter games together. The first version of OTP that we roll out will be NHL rosters which you can play 6v6.
As we all know, this is all that we ever received from NHL 15. Nobody ever asked for the ability to play OTP with only NHL players, nor did they ever make it so that we could play 6v6, as they promised would happen. The ability to "meet up with your friends and enter games together" never happened, either. Making OTP matchmaking hell and pretty much a joke to have to play with all randoms and no consequences to your actions, on or off of the ice.

If I had to guess what this announcement pertains to, I would say that it is probably something like a preorder bonus has been in the past. Perhaps different equipment for your player or even a chance to create your team or player via a web-based application prior to NHL 16's launch.

I would highly rule out any chance of a beta or anything else being added to NHL 15 at this point, as that latter would make no real sense.

All I do know is that when EA has hyped things in the past they have turned out to be complete letdowns for most of the consumer base. And the more vague the hype seems to be, the more of a letdown it usually turns out. Simply because the fans have unrealistic hope for what this game can deliver and we let our minds wonder to wondrous places that are actually far-fetched and not possible under the current circumstances.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2015, 01:57 PM   #12
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Whatever it is... It's going to be announced next week.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/stat...39628853358593
Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-21-2015, 05:07 PM   #13
Rookie

BigDisk's Arena

OVR: 3

Well, looks like this is just an untradable Crosby giveaway?? Who cares, such a letdown.

Quote:
NHL15 Owners: If you’re a NHL 15 owner and opted-in for email, you’ll be automatically entered into a monthly give-away where one chosen player will receive an untradeable Sidney Crosby HUT Item, to use in NHL 15 Ultimate Team™!
https://www.easports.com/nhl/contact...4&sf39446120=1

Edit: first post mentions EASHL so I doubt it's an HUT item. We'll see.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:10 PM   #14
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

It's going to be announced tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/stat...98356766572547

BTW, BigDisk... That is NOT going to be their announcement.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-22-2015, 05:29 AM   #15
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Very intrigued to see what this might be. But also very trepidatious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2015, 11:19 AM   #16
EA Game Changer

LuGer33's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Whatever it is... It's going to be announced next week.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/stat...39628853358593
I think it's a first for an EA SPORTS game. At least to my knowledge.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »