Home

Madden NFL 16: A Deeper Look At Penalties

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16: A Deeper Look At Penalties within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2015, 03:58 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Madden NFL 16: A Deeper Look At Penalties

Illegal Touching nullifying a Dez Bryant TD (he stepped OB and came back in prior to making the catch). No close up of this either, there was no replay available.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 04:04 AM   #42
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0

Played an entire game online and didnt see one penalty, it was an unranked game, but still. With all this penalty hype I would have thought I'd see at least one.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 08-26-2015, 04:07 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Played an entire game online and didnt see one penalty, it was an unranked game, but still. With all this penalty hype I would have thought I'd see at least one.
If you've been reading all the hype, you should know that the penalties are toned way down for online head to head play. It's not going to be like offline, which is where myself and many others are seeing the penalties.

The online Madden community (CFM excluded) still does not want random penalties affecting their games. The devs allowing them to work properly in offline and CFM is an olive branch of sorts.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:25 AM   #44
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Tried to play one game with the sliders all cranked up to 100. Could barely get through the first quarter because all the stoppages became annoying, haha. Good problem to have as the sliders definitely work. Nothing exciting from an animation standpoint. Many of the penalties were offensive line holding calls, mixed in with a few blocks in the back and one or two QB roughing flops.

Really interested in playing around with these a little more tomorrow.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:54 AM   #45
All Star

So I just played my second game a crazy 41-34 game where I was up by 14 blew the lead and then scored to take the lead back with about a minute left. But any way I had 18 penalties in the game CPU had 8 and I had 10. I had like 6 in the 3erd quarter and that really killed me. I had 2 holdings on the same drive and in the quarter I also got called for PI and offside like twice and a face mask like 1 or 2 times. This was with ever thing I think at 60 out side of holding left that at 50 and I think I left roughing the kick and QB at 50. Even in the past holding if you put it to much higher then 50 you would get holding calls like 3 plays and kind of the same with roughing the kick to so that is why I kept those at 50. In the past about the only thing you would ever see called is roughing the kick or QB and holding and like nothing else. I have now seen 2 PI on d both where by me and granted I only played madden 15 for like 2 maybe 3 months but in that time I never saw a single PI either way even with that slider at 100 last year. I have yet to see a holding call vs the d though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 09:04 AM   #46
Rookie

i have them all at 0 and still get call offside
Old 08-26-2015, 09:31 AM   #47
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool667
i have them all at 0 and still get call offside
Are you initiating the offisides? I believe user initiated calls are not controlled by the sliders.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 08-26-2015, 10:26 AM   #48
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Tried to play one game with the sliders all cranked up to 100. Could barely get through the first quarter because all the stoppages became annoying, haha. Good problem to have as the sliders definitely work. Nothing exciting from an animation standpoint. Many of the penalties were offensive line holding calls, mixed in with a few blocks in the back and one or two QB roughing flops.

Really interested in playing around with these a little more tomorrow.
Yeah please do, interesting to hear all the results. And yeah those sliders are no joke once you boost them, no doubt about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
So I just played my second game a crazy 41-34 game where I was up by 14 blew the lead and then scored to take the lead back with about a minute left. But any way I had 18 penalties in the game CPU had 8 and I had 10. I had like 6 in the 3erd quarter and that really killed me. I had 2 holdings on the same drive and in the quarter I also got called for PI and offside like twice and a face mask like 1 or 2 times. This was with ever thing I think at 60 out side of holding left that at 50 and I think I left roughing the kick and QB at 50. Even in the past holding if you put it to much higher then 50 you would get holding calls like 3 plays and kind of the same with roughing the kick to so that is why I kept those at 50. In the past about the only thing you would ever see called is roughing the kick or QB and holding and like nothing else. I have now seen 2 PI on d both where by me and granted I only played madden 15 for like 2 maybe 3 months but in that time I never saw a single PI either way even with that slider at 100 last year. I have yet to see a holding call vs the d though.
Good to hear the penalties were still substantial at 60. Penalty variety I'm sure they can still work on for next season but this is a good step I hope.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »