Home

NBA 2K16 Player Ratings & Screenshots - Day Four: Kobe, Wall, Ross & More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Player Ratings & Screenshots - Day Four: Kobe, Wall, Ross & More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2015, 08:32 PM   #249
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA 2K16 Player Ratings & Screenshots - Day Four: Kobe, Wall, Ross & More

[quote=BluFu;2047628795]

I see Rashidi keep trying to post things in circles and take up space on ANY Ratings discussions with his MIND Blowing Statistical Analysis. LOL

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 09-02-2015, 09:16 PM   #250
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

I can't wait to see the details of Kobe ratings because certain ratings shouldn't come back when you are 37 and they definitely don't come back after Achilles. Bed's has said before that the latest season plays the largest factor in the ratings but you are now talking about going back 3 years

On ball defense, vertical, speed they just don't come back to a pre-injured state when you are 37 to when you were 3 years younger. His defense was already dropping but last year man he didn't look good out there.

Last season Kobe was a high volume shooter, high usage rate, very, very low efficiency. If you compare his 2015 to 2013 season the thing that stands out is Kobe took 8% more jumpers last year and around 8% less shots at the rim. He also saw his at rim % drop from 69% FG to 56%

I am of the belief he couldn't get to the basket as well older age, lost step, lost vertical. He was a noticeable step slower to me.

The only thing I say is Kobe was still respectable on fadeaways he wasn't money but still effective.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:54 PM   #251
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Kind of sad that such a strong bias remains in favor of Kobe. He's an all-time great player but his best days are long gone and the game should reflect that. Instead we see him being given the "benefit of the doubt" and his ratings boosted to aid his overall rating. Nothing about the Kobe of last season (or the year prior) suggests that he's an 85 overall.

Can't wait to see Rajon Rondo, Derrick Rose, Deron Williams, Tony Parker and Dwight Howard's overall ratings to see if they were given the "benefit of the doubt." And the negative reaction to Kobe's current overall rating, or the constant defending of it, is exactly why 2K won't drop his rating any further.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2015, 10:02 PM   #252
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
Great article (seriously, that should be shown to devs for injury enhancements in 2K17) but Wilkins came back and averaged 30 . Of course, he had less minutes under his belt but as the saying goes you just never know. You don't know how well Kobe will do next season.. so the ratings are based off what he's done. You know this... I know this... what's the debate about again?

Quote:
It goes without saying that if I named one team's bench and there are 30 teams in the league.... (Math is hard, I know)
Alright let me walk you through this.. seems like you're having a hard time... 492 players played last season.. Kobe recorded the same amount (or less) than 241 of them.. 241 x 2 is... oh...

Quote:
I don't think you have any clue what "full body of work" realistically means. Kobe will never play 82 games in a season again. The odds of him even making it through 60 (ala Dwyane Wade) are exceptionally low.
Wade hasn't had a "full body of work" in 5 years but you don't hear anyone making excuses for the 4-years younger player.
LOL did you also think Brandon Roy didn't have a "full body of work" in 2011?
Chauncey Billups played 61 games in three years after tearing his achilies at age 34. Did his limited "body of work" stop his natural decline?
Of course there's no perfect number besides 82. "This is where common sense kicks in." Consistent 60 game seasons are enough to evaluate a player. Playing more than half of the season is a good start..

Quote:
Kobe's a skilled basketball player but he can't stop time or regenerate limbs. Get over it.
Get over what? You're complaining about his rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I can't wait to see the details of Kobe ratings because certain ratings shouldn't come back when you are 37 and they definitely don't come back after Achilles. Bed's has said before that the latest season plays the largest factor in the ratings but you are now talking about going back 3 years
Well said. Only reason I went back another year is because that's all we've got unfortunately. 6 games just isn't enough.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:11 PM   #253
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

I think Kobe is the HARDEST Player to rate in the game. Honestly it could go either way with him. He could actually deserve a Rating of Low to Mid 80s rating IF he played to what his Strengths are at his Current Age. He should become more of a Facilitator and Feed his young teammates. Kobe has Tremendous Court Awareness and IQ and IF he Accepts he isnt the Player he used to be he could still be a VERY effective NBA Player. Maybe not the Kobe of Old, but still a top 50 player.

Alot will also Depend on IF 2k Added any New Attributes to the game, and What carries the most weight in their New Rating System.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 09-02-2015, 10:38 PM   #254
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4
NBA 2K16 Player Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Kind of sad that such a strong bias remains in favor of Kobe. He's an all-time great player but his best days are long gone and the game should reflect that. Instead we see him being given the "benefit of the doubt" and his ratings boosted to aid his overall rating. Nothing about the Kobe of last season (or the year prior) suggests that he's an 85 overall.

Can't wait to see Rajon Rondo, Derrick Rose, Deron Williams, Tony Parker and Dwight Howard's overall ratings to see if they were given the "benefit of the doubt." And the negative reaction to Kobe's current overall rating, or the constant defending of it, is exactly why 2K won't drop his rating any further.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ
You're a Spurs fan, of course you hate Kobe

But seriously, this whole debate started from me trying to shed light on why his rating is the way it is for the guys who don't know... Players have been getting the benefit of the doubt for a while and 2K15 was no different.

Start of season
Rondo: 87 (!!) He only played 30 games the year before. 15.3 PER
DWill: 84 (!!) 64 games year before, averaged 14 and 6
Rose: 88 (!!) 10 games year before, avg 16 and 4
Tony: 88 (!) 68 games before, avg 17 and 6
Howard: 88 ... avg 18 and 12 in 71 games

Now
Rondo: 79 ... 68 games played (we know how those went)
DWill: 78 ... 68 games played (rating could drop even more at the start of 2K16)
Rose: 85 ... 51 games played, avg 18 and 5
Tony: 84 ... 68 games played, avg 14 and 4
Howard: 88 ... 41 games played

These guys all received the "benefit of the doubt" until a certain extent. If Kobe can consistently play games and does consistently bad, you'll definitely see his rating drop.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:03 PM   #255
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Well said. Only reason I went back another year is because that's all we've got unfortunately. 6 games just isn't enough.
I guess I didn't mean you directly but what 2k would have to decide. I just think using that data from 3 seasons ago shouldn't hold that much weight.

Onball defense, speed, quickness, agility, vertical, dunking. I think they all take a hit from 12-13 season. It will be interesting one way or another.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2015, 01:35 AM   #256
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I think Kobe is the HARDEST Player to rate in the game. Honestly it could go either way with him. He could actually deserve a Rating of Low to Mid 80s rating IF he played to what his Strengths are at his Current Age. He should become more of a Facilitator and Feed his young teammates. Kobe has Tremendous Court Awareness and IQ and IF he Accepts he isnt the Player he used to be he could still be a VERY effective NBA Player. Maybe not the Kobe of Old, but still a top 50 player.

Alot will also Depend on IF 2k Added any New Attributes to the game, and What carries the most weight in their New Rating System.
All you have to do is not be bias.

Its not time for revisionist history

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »