Home

Madden NFL 16 Title Update #2 Available Now, Full Details Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Title Update #2 Available Now, Full Details Included within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2015, 04:04 PM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 16 Title Update #2 Available Now, Full Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I'd love to see the results on this as well...

LT issue is an easy fix with edits, but this doesn't have a workaround...

Thanks!
Anyone got screenshots??
Whats the "easy fix" with edits to aleviate the LT issue? Increase AWR for LTs and QB's to ideal? What happens with new players via the draft though?
Old 09-30-2015, 04:11 PM   #138
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenyer
Anyone got screenshots??
Whats the "easy fix" with edits to aleviate the LT issue? Increase AWR for LTs and QB's to ideal? What happens with new players via the draft though?
Here's one of the threads from this year on the topic:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...egression.html

Here's another:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-qb-sacks.html

I basically looked at the screen shots / charts and adjusted the QB's on the teams that were the "biggest offenders" to Ideal / Throw Away: Yes

Apparently, from these threads the issue does not involved drafted fictional players, although I haven't gotten as far as the draft yet...

It looks like it's working pretty well so far for me and let's face it:

If guys like Bushrod go to heck and get replaced by a draft choice once in a while, that's close enough to me...

Last edited by KingV2k3; 09-30-2015 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:12 PM   #139
Just started!

After the update WR shading isn't working for me any more. Is that normal?

For example before on defence I used to come out in a zone play and shade a CB either in or out and it used to work.
Now when I try to shade the WR, The CB stays in a zone. The only way Im able to shade is to manually switch to the CB that is covering the WR and shade in or out.

Am I the only one having this issue???

any help is appreciated
Old 09-30-2015, 04:12 PM   #140
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Excellent, that's good news to hear. If you don't mind me asking, are you playing with or without the tuner? I was playing without for it for awhile, but I wonder if it'll be better now with the new patch.

With the tuner.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:17 PM   #141
Rookie

Quote:
Here's one of the threads from this year on the topic:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...egression.html

Here's another:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-qb-sacks.html

I basically looked at the screen shots / charts and adjusted the QB's on the teams that were the "biggest offenders" to Ideal / Throw Away: Yes

Apparently, from these threads the issue does not involved drafted fictional players, although I haven't gotten as far as the draft yet...

It looks like it's working pretty well so far for me and let's face it:

If guys like Bushrod go to heck and get replaced by a draft choice once in a while, that's close enough to me...
Thanks mate. That's a workaround for year 1 but as soon as new LT's come in and QB's the problems kick off again because you cant adjust their ratings etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 04:17 PM   #142
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iampalafox11
It seems that the QB awareness is fixed I simulated 5 seasons and they seemed to stay the same. Other than older QBs and the few that had terrible seasons. Am I seeing this right? Can anyone else confirm what I am finding?
Quote:
I'd love to see the results on this as well...

LT issue is an easy fix with edits, but this doesn't have a workaround...

Thanks!
I'd also love for this to be true. Can anyone run some a simulated season or two in offline mode and see?
Old 09-30-2015, 04:22 PM   #143
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
I'd also love for this to be true. Can anyone run some a simulated season or two in offline mode and see?
That is what I am working on now.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:24 PM   #144
Rookie

althor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Armor, it's awesome you enjoy the game as much as you do, but I think you need to step back and realize what you are saying with half of this stuff. First off, I really enjoy the gameplay. If I turn on my PS4 and run a simple play now game with my sliders I have set up, then it plays the best game of football I've ever played. Yes, better than my beloved 2k5, 2k8, or even NCAA 06.

However, when I actually try to play the game in the intended fashion for which I bought it, that all goes out of the door. Like you said, franchise mode before was not perfect, but it was not filled with so many bugs and problems. I also agree with you that this team has made great strides with the game, that is why I feel it's the best football game ever when simply playing play now.

I cannot overlook the fact that I can't play an online franchise because of their new feature called Drive Goals. It may be the new back of the box feature and that is great, but that does not make it invulnerable to changes this year. Anyone who makes a product and thinks their main feature of said product needs no revision or updating is doomed. That's just bad business and rubs me the wrong way.

I should not be forced to have to stick to playing offline and doing workarounds that fix one issue. Trust me, I have patience when it comes to video games. I remember in NCAA a few years ago you had to go in and edit a player because tendencies were reversed and doing so switched them back to normal and resulted in better gameplay as scramblers scrambled and other positions played to their tendencies. I used to go in and edit the players on my team with a formula for each position to lower injury ratings, and then go do the same for the team I am facing that week just so I could have minor injuries nagging my team through games and the season, also so that lineman, LB's, DB's, etc. got hurt as well. It was annoying, but it was nice to actually make depth worthwhile for once in an EA football game.

Like I said, the gameplay has made great strides. This team seems to have a nice vision, but this game still suffers from a huge lack of polish that has plagued the series and Tiburon since the switch to last generation's consoles. My expectations for video games are usually not very high or unreasonable. A lot of games surprise me because I don't expect a lot. Every year my expectations with Madden get lower and lower because of messes like this. I like Clint, I like Rex, I like their vision and the improvements they've made, but this game is still just a huge mess to me.

As another poster stated, with drive goals I can't lose or play a franchise in the way I intend. My buddy and I tried being the Browns and Titans as fun rebuilds. After 8 games my Browns team went from an 81 or 82 to an 89 overall. I wasn't even progressing my players either. Confidence had everyone on my roster +3 overall out of the game and once I got inside the game I would have 19 of my 22 starters at 93 overall or better with 6 players at 99. That is a joke and completely ruins the experience. Since that is an online franchise there is no fix for it either. So am I supposed to suck it up and enjoy it because that's how the developers intended it to be? No! I will voice my displeasure with the awful job they did on the feature. They screwed it up. It is beyond awful and if they seriously see no issues with it, then they have found another way to blow my mind in a negative way.

I am rooting for Madden. I want EA to make a good football game. They've made great strides on the field the last 2 years. There are a lot of positives that I like to focus on, but there are still way too many negatives and legacy issues that take away from the steps forward and remind you of who is making the game. The only difference between this generation and last generation is we're getting a lot more of the features we're requesting. EA Tiburon still struggles with implementation clearly though which is a shame. I think this game has tremendous potential, but the fact that there are so many issues with the game, especially in CFM, turns me off to the point where it upsets me that we're still stuck where we are in the world of video game football.

I don't want to be stuck playing play now games or offline franchise to get any enjoyment out of my game. I would like to play an online franchise and not have 20 different issues ruining the experience, but right now I can't. This patch did not fix it and I can do nothing, but wonder what is going on behind the scenes because it just doesn't make sense how we can continue to get stuck in this same cycle. There are still so many legacy issues that don't even get replies to them from the team that make you wonder what is going on. Why has no dev talked about auto subs over the past 3 years? They were quick to fix a lot of minor issues, but they are not afraid of remaining silent on a lot of other bigger issues and legacy problems. I don't want to support a company that only acknowledges some of their problems. I want to root for a company that responds to all feedback even if it isn't what we want to hear. I'd rather them straight up say this is how Drive Goals are meant to be rather than just remain silent about it. I'd rather hear that they can't figure out how to fix auto subs in franchise mode instead of them being quiet about it for 5 straight years now. Half a decade has passed by and they refuse to comment on it. You think we should accept that?
I can't help but wonder what teams are you guys playing to get such huge jumps?

My current franchise I am playing the Titans. I am in my 5th season.
First season I went 10-6 lost in first playoff game.
2nd season I went 16-0 lost in the superbowl.
3rd season I went 16-0 won superbowl.
4th season I went 15-1 lost in championship game.

Right now my Titans are 84 overall.....

I just don't understand how you can jump that much overall in less than a season while I am going undefeated and not getting big jumps like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »