Home

FIFA 16 Patch #2 Available Now For PC & PS4, Later For Xbox One

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Patch #2 Available Now For PC & PS4, Later For Xbox One within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2015, 01:59 AM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 Patch #2 Available Now For PC Users, Later For PS4 & Xbox One

Some people here (and elsewhere) were dead certain the game speed had been adjusted between the demo and full game, until a video was made here comparing the two which showed it was exactly the same.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:32 AM   #98
Rookie

Hey guys, I just made a user here because I've been banned from the EA forums for posting confirmation that gameplay changes were made by EA. I'm also being censored on the FIFA subreddit it seems. Here's the post I'm being censored for:

I've been actively posting about massive gameplay changes made to the PC version of FIFA 16, specifically in 1v1 seasons and UT. Since contacting EA and recieving confirmation and sharing this information on the EA forum I have been censored and finally banned. Here's my documented correspondence with EA:
Link 1 Can't even show you guys because forum assumes I'm a spammer.
Link 2 What do?
Note: It seems to be only a chunk of PC users who've gotten this change of gameplay, and I don't know how that's possible, but other PC users swear that nothing has changed - then again, these changes only apply to seasons and UT it seems.
The pre/post-patch gameplay experience is like night and day; pace > all, passing is completely like in FIFA 15, interceptions are gone, and slow build up isn't even remotely necessary.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:51 AM   #99
MVP

BL8001's Arena

This is such a mysterious patch.

And for the record, EA is going out of their way to say No Gameplay Changes.

In the end, nothing changed really, some people say omg it's incredible and some say omg it broke everything.

Bottom line is this game is all over the place. I played a FUT seasons match on semi-pro and was scored on twice in a 3-2 win, then decided to play the next pro diff on world class and won 2-0 after the cpu hit the post in the 4th minute and then never took another shot. From what I have played FUT wc is like kick off legendary.

So I come out and play sheffield v burton on legendary and it's the dullest 0-0 match I have played in Fifa 16.

Then I play helsingborgs v hammarby on pro default and have my funnest most balanced match yet in a 1-0 victory being out shot 6-1 to 5/1.

I have no idea how people settle on a set of sliders because this game is so schizophrenic.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:56 AM   #100
Rookie

@BL8001 The confirmed changes (by an EA employee) are only to online seasons and online UT 1v1, not against CPU. And it's only on PC, and not all users seem affected from anecdotal experience.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:53 AM   #101
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chagels
@BL8001 The confirmed changes (by an EA employee) are only to online seasons and online UT 1v1, not against CPU. And it's only on PC, and not all users seem affected from anecdotal experience.
So console users might never see this patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 09:03 AM   #102
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I think they're testing some gameplay changes on their bastard child; the PC. I asked about consoles when in contact with EA but the guy wouldn't answer that specifically.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:22 AM   #103
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chagels
I think they're testing some gameplay changes on their bastard child; the PC. I asked about consoles when in contact with EA but the guy wouldn't answer that specifically.
Do yourself a favor and avoid getting banned here because of agenda posting. Stick to the facts, and offer your opinions as such, not as dogma. For the record, by watching video during slider testing, it has become quite apparent to me that they've improved the player logic on the pitch, and while the difference on the pitch is quite noticeable, it's NOT a gameplay change, it's more of a bug fix(flawed logic). Other than that, no there hasn't been much changed. If you'd like proof you need go no further than Matt10L's Twitch stream archive which has both pre and post patch gameplay there.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:25 AM   #104
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Vanilla game -> You're running the wing, stop suddenly at the edge of the box, go inside the box. CPU defender is left behind hopeless.
Patched game -> You're running the wing, stop suddenly at the edge of the box, go inside the box. CPU defender blocks your way and another one comes for help.

I say "EA, don't release the update for consoles. There aren't any AI and gameplay changes".

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »