Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Features Revealed

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Features Revealed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2015, 11:53 AM   #17
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Features Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
Custom Event Mode is the most interesting item on the list me. Looking forward to getting more info on this.
I totally missed this one. I can talk pretty freely about this one since the features list and the Gamespot article have given most of the info on this mode.

Its contains all of the features UFC 3's event mode but a few small additions. There are more fights available per event (I think UFC 3 had a total of 8 and EA UFC 2 has 11). You choose the venue and the ref for each fight. There are some fights among mixed weight classes available. In event mode, I can have Aldo fight Dillashaw even though they are in different weight classes. Same goes for Jones v. Silva. But I dont think you can have GSP v. Silva because of the way the fighters are grouped. This is something I hope to talk to the dev team about in a few weeks so hopefully we can open it up more.

Keep in mind that the game I played was VERY early on so I dont feel safe discussing the presentation elements because those may change before release.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:53 AM   #18
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Can you talk about the submission system ? Is it still that BS mini game like last time or did they change it to some thing else ?
Old 11-13-2015, 11:59 AM   #19
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
Custom Event Mode is the most interesting item on the list me. Looking forward to getting more info on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggity13
what is your opinion on how in depth the customization is in create a fighter? Will we be able to share fighters online for others to download?
CAF is light years better than it was in EA UFC 1. Its not even comparable. The level of customization when it comes to faces and tattoos is so much better. I was watching some of my fellow gamechangers fool around with the tool and was amazed at how much they were able to do in a short amount of time.

I dont think we will ever see online sharing in an EA fighting game again. The good news is that it will be similar to THQ's UFC Undisputed 1 and 2 in that people will be able to share formulas by posting them online.

With EA UFC 1, you had to choose between uploading a photo with gameface and hoping it looked like the fighter or use one of their preset faces. With UFC 2, you can upload a gameface and use the in game customization tool to perfect what the fighter looks like.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:01 PM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Can you talk about the submission system ? Is it still that BS mini game like last time or did they change it to some thing else ?
Its still the mini game but there are more submission options. I'm probably one of the few people who liked the mini game. Its the only one I've ever been somewhat successful at. Especially compared to EA MMA's game and the THQ games.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:14 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

aholbert32, I noticed that the AI wasn't mentioned much (if at all) in this article. I'm mostly interested in fighter realism offline. Did you have any observations about the AI during your time at EA or did you strictly play against your fellow gamechangers?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2015, 12:22 PM   #22
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

OVR: 0

The last statement regarding rosters worries me. If idiots like Chuck Norris or Jean Claude Van Damme are in the game that cheapens it for me.... Hopefully not
Old 11-13-2015, 12:34 PM   #23
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

There's some good stuff there. I'm definitely glad that we can use other people formulas for CAF. I'm sure that will breath some life back into the CAF community after the last game all but killed it. I'm disappointed that there isn't a Universe Mode, however Event Mode certainly sounds like a step in the right direction. I guess it's time to start updating the ole handy dandy UFC Universe spreadsheet.

All and all everything sounds fairly promising and I really want to play this game for myself. I'm still going to need to know a few things before getting too excited. They are:
- the roster/size
- caf slots
- if we can edit ratings
- if there are sliders
- if we have fights between weight classes. Nothing crazy just up/down one weight class would be fine

I'm sure most of those can't be answered now, but those are the kind of things that will sway my purchasing decision.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 11-13-2015, 01:08 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 9

Hey aholbert32, thanks for everything so far. Your help so far has been wonderful. Two questions for you if you don't mind.

1. In regards to Event mode, can we choose to either play the event mode or Watch the fights? Also, in Career mode, can we watch the UFC cards there?

2. Also, in Career mode, are there some features that although you cant say, that will really surprise us in this time? Hopefully there is some reply value this time.

Thanks again bro

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »