Home

FIFA 16 Title Update #5 Available For PC, Soon For Xbox One & PS4 - Details Included

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Title Update #5 Available For PC, Soon For Xbox One & PS4 - Details Included within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2015, 10:22 PM   #41
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7
This game doesn't get enough credit. FIFA 16 is the first football game ever where what we play actually resembles football. PES games of old got some elements right but FIFA 16 has surpassed them now. I personally am extremely pleased that the devs are continuing to try to improve the game, because the truth is they don't need to. Fifa is the biggest selling game in the world and it still would be even if nothing was ever patched.

As for career mode, I've played multiple seasons with my Arsenal and Valencia teams. I doubt I'm in the minority.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2015, 09:32 AM   #42
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: FIFA 16 Title Update #5 Available For PC, Soon For Xbox One & PS4 - Details Inclu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peninc
This game doesn't get enough credit. FIFA 16 is the first football game ever where what we play actually resembles football. PES games of old got some elements right but FIFA 16 has surpassed them now. I personally am extremely pleased that the devs are continuing to try to improve the game, because the truth is they don't need to. Fifa is the biggest selling game in the world and it still would be even if nothing was ever patched.

As for career mode, I've played multiple seasons with my Arsenal and Valencia teams. I doubt I'm in the minority.
It doesn't get enough credit because the majority want an arcade or semi-arcade football experience. That's why thousands play FUT or just online.
I praised the game's new sim football approach since the release of the demo and nearly 4 months later I don't regret it as it is indeed the best football offline videogaming experience ever.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:52 PM   #43
Rookie

TnT1tan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 Title Update #5 Available For PC, Soon For Xbox One & PS4 - Details Inclu

Quote:

Yeah, it almost makes me sick when I see people talk about how the game is trash, just because they can't lob through balls over the top and cheese with crazy fast players on a regular basis anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2015, 03:59 PM   #44
Rookie

baller768's Arena

OVR: 1

These patches effect current saves correct?
Old 12-13-2015, 08:33 PM   #45
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller768
These patches effect current saves correct?

Usually is the case. Would assume it's the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2015, 10:55 PM   #46

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

So, reading through the patch notes more, am I crazy for thinking that this update was meant for online players mostly? I know people have complained about human opponents spamming high pressure all game, for example. Meh. I'll give this a chance when it finally is released for consoles.

Last edited by dubcity; 12-13-2015 at 10:58 PM.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:35 AM   #47
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:

Well said man. I thoroughly enjoy the fluidity of PES, but I play 30 minute games of FIFA and see less goals than I do playing 15 minute games of PES, which makes me feel like I've really earned my goals, especially on World Class. It's just a much more realistic pace, and you can't just chip through balls over the top to wide open wingers all game long.

PES could easily remedy a lot of their issues by slightly nerfing the shooting accuracy and slightly improving GK ability, but I've been saying that for years and it never happens.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:47 AM   #48
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: FIFA 16 Title Update #5 Available For PC, Soon For Xbox One & PS4 - Detai

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
So, reading through the patch notes more, am I crazy for thinking that this update was meant for online players mostly? I know people have complained about human opponents spamming high pressure all game, for example. Meh. I'll give this a chance when it finally is released for consoles.
The offline gameplay changes are huge. Positioning and teammate AI are almost perfect now. The high pressure spamming affects offline gaming also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »