Home

Throwback Diamond Cards Are Hurting MyTeam Mode

This is a discussion on Throwback Diamond Cards Are Hurting MyTeam Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2015, 06:41 AM   #25
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

OVR: 0
This is exactly what i posted in the Myteam section some days ago and i second it. I think your solution for Visual Concepts is way too complicated tho. No way they gonna implement such a complex system now or next year. Instead we should focus on limiting the damage now.

1) The card already released should stay super rare and will be taken out of packs

2) no more of these joke diamonds from now on. You wont lose any credibility as they werent officially announced yet. If you want to make a tbt Smith and Scola rate them accordingly (gold).

3) release the best tbt and fbf cards NOW. At least 1 each per week from now on. People will forget about these clown cards.

Whats the twitter @ of visual concept? They need to be linked to this article. Also; while on it, add another Gauntlet board as promised and a reward for beating the first seed multiple times. The mode will come alive again and 2k gets its $, cause everybody wants that Iverson or Kobe tbt card (instead of a freakin Ty Lawson, cmon).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2015, 07:42 AM   #26
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

Re: Throwback Diamond Cards Are Hurting MyTeam Mode

I don't mind the fact that they're adding these cards. What bugs me is the fact that their Diamonds and the fact that they aren't moments cards, yet they are insisted to be based off of one game.. #logic

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2015, 08:03 AM   #27
Banned

2k consistently make 3 good moves, followed by 10 bad one that end up hurting the overall.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2015, 09:44 AM   #28
Rookie

theman824's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I'm asking this as a legitimate question since I don't know anything about these card collecting modes. Isn't the sole purpose of this mode really a pure fantasy land revenue generator with no concern at all for any kind of NBA verisimilitude.
You are correct.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:51 AM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I'm asking this as a legitimate question since I don't know anything about these card collecting modes. Isn't the sole purpose of this mode really a pure fantasy land revenue generator with no concern at all for any kind of NBA verisimilitude.
That's definitely not the purpose for users and it's not marketed as that, but it's turning into that, and that's the problem.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:19 AM   #30
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
That's definitely not the purpose for users and it's not marketed as that, but it's turning into that, and that's the problem.
Yeah, because a lineup of Curry, MJ, LeBron, KD and prime Shaq is the realism that people flock to this mode for.

MyTeam isn't even basketball, it is glorified MyPark because everyone on the court is a hall of fame level player. The only time I enjoy MyTeam are the first two seeds of RTTP, the rest is trash
Old 12-22-2015, 11:47 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3
Does Visual Concepts understand HOW MUCH OF A MONEY MAKER THIS MODE CAN BE?!?!?!

Get some guys in there that get it.

The guys running only cared about their social media presence last year.

Now its all about making friends w NBA players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2015, 12:01 PM   #32
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
Yeah, because a lineup of Curry, MJ, LeBron, KD and prime Shaq is the realism that people flock to this mode for.

MyTeam isn't even basketball, it is glorified MyPark because everyone on the court is a hall of fame level player. The only time I enjoy MyTeam are the first two seeds of RTTP, the rest is trash
Get some thing in there, that you play only teams that are nearly equal than your team. If you want to play 13 bronze players in Seed 1, just do it and find just opponents with a bronze team. No more "oh you now advanced to another seed and find just 13 diamond card opponents" crap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »