Home

Throwback Diamond Cards Are Hurting MyTeam Mode

This is a discussion on Throwback Diamond Cards Are Hurting MyTeam Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2015, 04:39 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
To be honest, when I saw an Amethyst Brian Scalabrine, a Black Market and how Gauntlet was structured, I knew this was going to be a tough year. Thankfully, the gameplay is good enough to make for this nonsense and we haven't had a patch 4 like last year.

2K devs are listening to the wrong community and catering content for views and social media, alienating many players this way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2015, 12:57 PM   #42
Rookie

In that particular game, luis scola performed as a 95, he performed equal to larry bird`s `83 season... but, although the ratings of these make sense, they will ruin 2k because everyone who has ever scored 40 will get a diamond, and diamonds will go for cheap on the auction house, causing all rttp teams to be full of diamonds.
Old 12-28-2015, 03:20 PM   #43
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG
Thank God I don't play this mode, like in the past on other games. I can imagine trying to recreate an actual all-time greats team, or a '90's/'80's/'70's team just to watch all my time and effort (probably real $) just to go down the crapper because a 12 year old with mommas credit card bought some VC and gets a 95 Scola or a 96 Crawford. This is a disappointment, but hey if that is what the MyTeam crowd wants, then more power to them.

I just don't think at any point, during any game, these players had these high of an overall. IDC what their numbers were for one game, that would never merit an overall on par with HoF type players, period. 85 or 86 overall, that I could see, but not in the mid 90's. Those overalls are reserved for HoF type players (or that's what 2K said). This seriously just cheapens the game, in my opinion.
what would you think about having a card where such a player could only play for a game or two? (After which contracts could not be applied). Seems like a pretty simple, patchable alternative
Old 12-29-2015, 07:18 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1
I enjoyed my read through the article and I have been a MyTeam original since it's creation. That instantly became my go to mode because I had to work and grind to create a team better than any other. However, I grind more Destiny quest then MyTeam matches simply because like you said it is a money grab. Also, the lack of offline for this mode is ridiculous as well as the implementation of vc into this game still.

I do disagree with one thing. I feel challenge mode should be where you can earn these throwback cards by playing that actually game and completing the feat. like the actual player did. On the other hand, it should be yours permanently after winning it. I am not grinding games and time for a trial card. My only gripe and alot of people in the community are outraged by these cards it's just that those with the reach and potential to change this (The Youtubers) continue to support it.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:52 PM   #45
Rookie

Re: Throwback Diamond Cards Are Hurting MyTeam Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitol P23
My only gripe and alot of people in the community are outraged by these cards it's just that those with the reach and potential to change this (The Youtubers) continue to support it.
Those guys have become a cancer for the community. The majority of them just push for whatever gives them views. Even the guys that I used to respect a bit, went completely silent after the diamonds.

Those are the same guys promoting coin selling websites, doing wagers, etc etc. Everything that goes against the TOS, they do it. The marketing guys have this idea that youtubers are their main promotion vehicles, and they've been that, and promoting all the worst things, from cheese to breaking TOS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2015, 03:31 PM   #46
Rookie

Biggest problem for me with myteam is the fact that you get nothing after winning in the 1st seed. You get Patrick Ewing and then nothing. This is the same problem with every seed after getting the reward.

Why not incase the MT payout for each seed like madden does?

Two years ago you got rewarded players by playing online in a limited time tournament. I recall getting Iverson and Pippen from that mode. This needs to come back. Not everyone can get it because you have to win like 6-7 games in a row online.

What's the point of me playing so hard to stay in 1st seed just to get the same amount of coins I would get in the 4th and 3rd seed? Doesn't make sense how they drop the ball with this mode.

Mut does on heck of a job updating there mode 3-4 times a week. Every week you know your getting something fresh and you can also grind for a lot of coins playing the solos.

2k is simply being money hungry at this point.
Old 12-29-2015, 06:44 PM   #47
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
This is something madden ultimate team is famous for doing. Im guessing 2k took notes from it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2k failed hard in their imitation attempt, this is amateur foolery and very unprofessional.

I'm interested to see how this continues to unravel as we creep further into '16

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2015, 12:02 AM   #48
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afectar

What's the point of me playing so hard to stay in 1st seed just to get the same amount of coins I would get in the 4th and 3rd seed? Doesn't make sense how they drop the ball with this mode.
I really have to reiterate this. This makes no sense. Why is the payout the same in lower seeds as in higher ones?

Quote:
2k is simply being money hungry at this point.
Oh, wait... now it makes sense

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »