Home

Oakmont Country Club Available Now For Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR

This is a discussion on Oakmont Country Club Available Now For Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2016, 01:21 PM   #25
Rookie

Barto's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Oakmont Country Club Available Now For Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
That was at launch.....that does not mean they won't get it at some point, but I am betting it won't be in 3 weeks.....
I don't foresee any scenario where Augusta is added this year. It just wouldn't make economic sense for EA to pay the licensing fee for a game that already 1 year into its product life cycle.

The only way it would make sense is if the ANGC agreed to a multiple year agreement and would allow them to go back and add the game to the previous (current) release and not count that is a year on the new licensing agreement.

There would be no other economic advantage for EA Sports to sign a LA with ANGC this year if a game is not to be released until next season.

Just my $.02
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2016, 06:01 PM   #26
Rookie

Crazy Packers Fan's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: Oakmont Country Club Available Now For Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR

The addition of Oakmont got me to finally buy this game. My early impressions are that it is an underrated game. I live near Oakmont and am going to the U.S. Open so I was intrigued by the course being available. It's tough, though. And that's the way it should be.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:53 PM   #27
Banned

I picked this back up and started playing it again recently. I am really enjoying my time with the game a lot.

I wish there was a Country Club feature that would allow setting up rounded and seasons with friends. I also miss the Play the Pros weekly tourneys. If they could add that, along with some score chasing stats to track with friends it would go a long ways in giving the game longer legs.

I'd actually be excited about buying a new version this year if they added more social features. But move to no longer releasing a new game every year means we are stuck with this for now.

At least the game play is really great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2016, 12:13 PM   #28
Rookie

catcherforbaseball's Arena

OVR: 1

Gameplay is awesome but features are greatly lacking. Underrated game no question. Just no thrills and reasons to keep playing. Career mode becomes boring very quickly.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:07 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcherforbaseball
Gameplay is awesome but features are greatly lacking. Underrated game no question. Just no thrills and reasons to keep playing. Career mode becomes boring very quickly.
agreed, and the graphics can also be stunning at times

its a shame really
Old 04-07-2016, 07:48 PM   #30
Banned

Yeah, the post release support I was hoping for was not more courses. Those have been great, but I was hoping that if they were really going to take two to three years to make another game, they would be adding features to flesh out this one.

Honestly, though, if they could just increase the swing difficulty in the Online Tour tournaments, it would help a ton. I like comparing my scores to other in single try events, with the same conditions. But they could make it a lot harder to hit every fairway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »