Home

Madden NFL 17 Defensive Gaps, Alignment, Assignment, Technique, Blocking & Much More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Defensive Gaps, Alignment, Assignment, Technique, Blocking & Much More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2016, 10:45 AM   #81
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Defensive Gaps, Alignment, Assignment, Technique, Blocking & Much M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
I think to counter that early on, the Dev team built those running assist, such as the lane assist. Those assist plus lowering the sliders, should give the Devs plenty of ammo to fire back at the "I barely average 100 yards per game folks".

We shall see though!
Having to play with the indicators on would certainly hurt some of their pride lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2016, 10:53 AM   #82
Banned

Brightline's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 17 Defensive Gaps, Alignment, Assignment, Technique, Blocking & Much M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Another Madden NFL 17 blog has just arrived going over defensive gaps, run fits and so much more. This one is filled with great information.

Let's go over a bit:

This is a much needed change in the series. For too long we've called defensive plays like they're offensive plays -- which was completely inaccurate. To be moving in a more sim direction is always welcome, especially in an area most every football game hasn't been close to right on since the dawn of gaming.

This is a nice touch and completely awesome (and much welcome).

This is a great layer that, when combined with the previous assignment/flip options makes for a compelling layer of defensive strategy that you must go into. Compare this to previously calling a play and hot routing defensive players and you can instantly see why this is a huge upgrade.

I'm not 100% certain how this will fully play out, but it sounds promising and certainly deeper than what we've seen out of Madden when it comes to line play over the past several years. The PRC rating sounds like a nice touch and addition.

For more information on Madden's defensive improvements, including techniques as well as improvements to blocking, check out the full blog post at the link.

Source - Madden 17 Gameplay Deep Dive - Defensive Gaps and Run Fits
HUGE news for Bryce Petty, I think this will really accelerate his development!
Old 05-19-2016, 11:01 AM   #83
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
As a Linebacker my whole life I can't agree more. Defense is actually going to involve strategy now, the only thing missing is tiered play calling. I hope that's where they are heading. I wanna call the package, front, stunts, coverage and blitzes, if I make a bad combination and leave a gaping whole somewhere then that's on me.
I miss that tier oplay calling too. I remember being a freshman or soph in high school and not even knowing the concept of what I was selecting in the other game lol. If the Madden team went that route, they'd definitely have to have it be an option. similar to the gameflow introduction years ago.

Back to the blog though! I think the defense will involve deeper strategy now (for those who want it). By having the Force effectiveness by driven by PRC, this will make it important to have a veteran on the team. A situation player, as they call it IRL. Even if a safety has 78 SPD, if he has 95+ play rec, best believe I'm putting him in the box or 3rd and 3!

Side Note: I'll flip a lid if formation subs is here.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:07 AM   #84
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
I miss that tier oplay calling too. I remember being a freshman or soph in high school and not even knowing the concept of what I was selecting in the other game lol. If the Madden team went that route, they'd definitely have to have it be an option. similar to the gameflow introduction years ago.

Back to the blog though! I think the defense will involve deeper strategy now (for those who want it). By having the Force effectiveness by driven by PRC, this will make it important to have a veteran on the team. A situation player, as they call it IRL. Even if a safety has 78 SPD, if he has 95+ play rec, best believe I'm putting him in the box or 3rd and 3!

Side Note: I'll flip a lid if formation subs is here.
Agree vets play Rec needs to be mort important than rookies skill level that's why it take some rookie a few years to make impact .
Old 05-19-2016, 11:20 AM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 1

Does anyone know if these gap assignments affect pass rushing or blitzing in any way?? Does this give Dlinemen pass rush lanes now?? Hopefully it makes end contain a thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2016, 11:22 AM   #86
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

I hope we can get a camera angle like the God view from the defense side so that I can better play the assignments...
Old 05-19-2016, 11:46 AM   #87
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Just got confirmation from Clint that gap assignments do not change dynamically with changing the alignment of the DL. How does everyone feel about that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-19-2016, 11:48 AM   #88
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Just got confirmation from Clint that gap assignments do not change dynamically with changing the alignment of the DL. How does everyone feel about that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Little bit of a let down, but not a huge deal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »