Home

WWE 2K17 Roster Reveal (Week 5 of 5) - Asuka's Full Ring Entrance Video Included

This is a discussion on WWE 2K17 Roster Reveal (Week 5 of 5) - Asuka's Full Ring Entrance Video Included within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2016, 05:42 PM   #33

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: WWE 2K17 Roster Reveal (Week 5 of 5) - Asuka's Full Ring Entrance Video Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Be that as it may, those facts don't make the game any more enjoyable when I put it in my console and (hypothetically speaking here) the Universal and Women's titles are missing, the RAW and Smackdown stages aren't current, the women are still called Divas despite major language changes in WWE TV programming, major and minor characters I've been seeing on WWE TV for months are not present for me to use in matches, the commentary team for RAW is missing two featured personalities, the SmackDown and NXT commentary teams are completely absent from the game, etc. etc.

The state of play for this series, whatever the reasons which lead to it, is no longer acceptable in the current AAA sports game environment. Literally every single sports game has better fan service and post-release support than WWE 2K. Many non-sports games do as well; heck, League Of Legends frequently (as in, nearly weekly) adds new characters and/or updates old ones to the current graphical standard and gameplay balance of the game (the game's been around for many years, so some assets are out of date).

Let's be honest, the game's content was archaic before pre-production started. That's not acceptable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I don't know that I'd even limit it to sports games, though I imagine you did for a more focused comparison.

It's 2016. Everyone's got some kind of live component to their game, features are constantly being tweaked or added...and WWE games are going to get DLC in March 2017 that was 100% locked with no room to be changed in April 2016. That's insane in today's gaming world.
No excuse for 2K to not release roster updates via patch like EA UFC.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:21 PM   #34
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: WWE 2K17 Roster Reveal (Week 5 of 5) - Asuka's Full Ring Entrance Video Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEOHaize
2k has said many times the roster is controlled by what WWE let's them do. Usually anything that happens Mania weekend and beyond doesn't get added to the game unless its DLC. IDK why anyone is surprised by this at this point.
I don't think anyone's necessarily surprised by it, I think we're wondering why this series is still so inflexible. Look around at other games and other companies; take note of how reactive they are to feedback on their games. Compare that to how WWE2K is handled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
No excuse for 2K to not release roster updates via patch like EA UFC.
They know most people (I'm including myself here) will buy them as DLC, so why get away from that model?

They do this weird thing where they like to position this in marketing as a sports sim game, but then break from that (because sports games typically don't do DLC) and add characters as DLC like fighting games. The difference being that fighting game DLC extends the life and adds new content to the base game and WWE is obviously a yearly release. With how early they lock in the disc and DLC contents, it comes across as holding back content to resell later.

I don't know why EA UFC adds fighters for free when they could charge for them, but I'm glad they do. More than fighting games, it's a model that would fit for WWE games.

Last edited by SmashMan; 09-01-2016 at 06:35 PM.
Old 09-03-2016, 02:32 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

One or two guys isn't a make or break thing for me,malus they'll get created and I can add them, not the best thing but it's a tolerable thing.

What isn't tolerable is a six man battle royal or a royal rumble with that few guys in the ring. Not only that, but give me a royal rumble where Brock Lesnar doesn't get ousted by a jobber just because he's been in there a few minutes. They have done a decent job with the roster this year, but the gameplay is still very weak.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »