Home

NASCAR Heat Evolution Available, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NASCAR Heat Evolution Available, Post Your Impressions Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2016, 12:38 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NASCAR Heat Evolution Available, Post Your Impressions Here

Damn, was really looking forward to a fun racing title...guess I will switch the pre-order over to something else and wait for a price drop
Old 09-13-2016, 01:00 PM   #18
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocityy
Damn, with the above review and then this one (warning, long and some pretty harsh language): https://pretendracecars.net/2016/09/...eat-evolution/

Looks like this is a must avoid this year. I'm sad about that.
Wow, that was on-point and brutal. And it wasn't just some random online rant, that reviewer obviously has a ton of experience with racing games.

Locking the tracks has to be one of the most seriously WTF decisions I've seen in awhile. One of the first things I like to do in a NASCAR game is check out the track authenticity, now I can't do that when I take the game home? Give us classic paint schemes, drivers, fantasy road courses, etc., as unlockables, but don't put the damn tracks behind a skill/exp wall.

I was seriously considering picking this up after work today -- and I still might only to have a new NASCAR game -- but the above review and Brandon's comments above makes the decision more difficult.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:11 PM   #19
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

After reading Brandon's post and that review, I think I'll be skipping this year's game. Its a shame to, as I was looking forward to having a NASCAR game on the PS4.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-13-2016, 01:15 PM   #20
Rookie

Mine is being delivered in the mail today. I knew about the tracks being locked as it was in all of the preview stories that were done on the game. I wasn't expecting much, and yet I knew I needed a true NASCAR fix. F1 will still be the best console racer of this generation, but hopefully this game can scratch the itch for some turning left. We will see.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2016, 01:36 PM   #21
Rookie

Thomas Veil's Arena

I'm not in the sky is falling mode yet...first of all yeah the linked review sounds like it's for the PC which may be somewhat different for the PS4 etc. He sounds knowledgeable but sometimes the guys that are Mr. Racing are not the best judges of a game for everyone plus he's a little over the top and rambling.

As far as the unlocking thing what's the big deal?...if you get this for $60 or whatever I certainly hope you would put enough time into it to unlock the tracks. Should they have been unlocked...sure...but gheez people it's certainly not a deal breaker or even a blip on the radar.

We'll see but I'm not bumming yet. To be honest going in I knew it's the first edition of the new rebuild. We'll see what they patch in down the line and hopefully the foundation is good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 01:38 PM   #22
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Ohhh yes.. I forgot to mention the locking of the tracks. I thought it was insanely odd this morning as well.

Reading that review linked above, and yikes. Any optimism I had for this one might have just leaked away. I'm still going to go back tonight and get into it some more. I mean, what else am I going to do with it since I bought it digital. I'm kind of stuck with it, might as well try and enjoy it.

Sucks we were kind of misguided by some around here that this was going to be awesome. I know my playtime was severely limited this morning, but I came away from it going... That was terrible. To me, it felt like I was playing a game that was old, unfinished, and quite frankly should have been sold to me at a $20-30 price point like The Golf Club was at release.

I'm still holding out hope for it in terms of racing with the AI. If it can do that properly, and I can enjoy career mode as a result, then I'll feel better about the game. Still not it's price point though, that's for sure. I'm trying to reserve full judgment until I get to play more.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:49 PM   #23
Rookie

Another review is up from Game Informer...it's nicer...but to me just seems to sugar-coat some of the issues. Also, it's clear he's playing on normal.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/na...on-review.aspx
Old 09-13-2016, 01:59 PM   #24
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Veil
As far as the unlocking thing what's the big deal?...if you get this for $60 or whatever I certainly hope you would put enough time into it to unlock the tracks. Should they have been unlocked...sure...but gheez people it's certainly not a deal breaker or even a blip on the radar.
I can pop in my copy of NASCAR 98 on PS1 -- or just about any other NASCAR game developed since that time -- and race on any track whenever I want. Are locked tracks a deal breaker? Of course not. Do I want to spend four hours unlocking Phoenix? Hell no.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »