Home

Three Tips to Stop the Run in Madden NFL 17

This is a discussion on Three Tips to Stop the Run in Madden NFL 17 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2016, 04:12 PM   #9
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Three Tips to Stop the Run in Madden NFL 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by highmiles100
I agree 100% that last tuner has just mucked up the running game now. I can call cover 4 and that stops the run now lol its ridiculous.
Cover 4 is a run defense. It puts both safeties in the run fit. It's notably useful in defending the outside run such as stretch plays. You are correct to call Cover 4 to defend the run.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:15 PM   #10
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Cover 4 is a run defense. It puts both safeties in the run fit. It's notably useful in defending the outside run such as stretch plays. You are correct to call Cover 4 to defend the run.
People really don't realize this, they see cover 4 and automatically assume it's a prevent defense
Old 09-28-2016, 04:21 PM   #11
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I run the Vikings 4-3 base, and I use 2 3-4 style DT's and heavier, almost 3-4 DE's...In exchange, my 3 LB's are all about speed, PRC, AWR and zone cover..I'll pinch my DT's and spread out my DE's and LB's...

The 2 heavy DT's can stop the inside runs with their higher Blockshed and strength you get from 3-4 DT's and that leaves all my other players available to cover the stretch plays...I user my lone MLB....I generally run COver 3 Match as my base alignment...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 04:22 PM   #12
Just started!

I just don't see the problem stopping the run in this year's game. I play in an All-Madden CFM with a handful of friends where we all pick one team to be for the league, but for every game on each user's schedule another user 'retires' and takes control of the opponent for that week, so we are always playing head-to-head, never the CPU.

In our league, running is a chore. You may make a big run every once in a while, but it's typically 10-15 carries for 35-60 yards for RBs. I've yet to break 100 yards with a single rusher as the Cowboys. We may be advanced players, but running on All-Madden is no joke.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:27 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
only in Madden
Try stopping the run using cover 4 in real football
Old 09-28-2016, 04:29 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

The front 4 is the steel curtain against the run and a bunch of statues against the pass regardless of team.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:30 PM   #15
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

Quote:
Your correct, C4 is a very good outside run counter. Many people don't recognize this.

The problem I have, since the tuner that is, is that Safeties and Corners have become just as effective tackling runners one-on-one as my line backers are. You should have some kind of trade off with having less weight in your run fits that allow me to take advantage downhill. It shouldn't be automatic, but I should have an advantage against most Safeties.

That was biggest gripe with the tuner - DB tackling effectiveness.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 04:33 PM   #16
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by highmiles100
only in Madden
Try stopping the run using cover 4 in real football
The Steelers and the Ravens did this plenty in the 2000s and 2010s with Troy Polamalu and Ed Reed quarterbacking their respective defenses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »