Home

What are you working on? (returning)

This is a discussion on What are you working on? (returning) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 02:43 PM   #1961
MVP

papadell's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What are you working on? (returning)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Wonder what the new RS reward will be. It clearly isn't a new legend or else they'd have said it....

And the WS rewards are usually never the super popular players, so I'd probably rule out any immortals from last year. it'll probably be a super version of a current player........

hmmmmmmm

I guessed Vlad, Miggy, Posey, Altuve, Dawson, Schmidt, or Hershiser
They've seemed like deeper cuts. Players that are well known with one franchise without being overly popular outside of Cobb but he's a vintage player so that seems different.

There was no pitcher in the inning program so I wouldn't be shocked to see Seaver

I like Posey and Altuve as guesses too. Hersch I always forget about as well

Better not be chipper or Andruw or I'll COMPLAIN LIKE I ALWAYS DO
Old 08-19-2019, 02:51 PM   #1962
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

50 minutes in now on the step off battle. The kid posted on shownation thinking hed have support but got **** on by everyone.

After 1 hour he finally stopped taking a secondary lead. I just won it on a 2 run homer by Pudge in the 10th. He got a guy on in the bottom of the 10th and proceeded to start taking non stop leads again but I got him out and held on.

It took me almost 2 hours to play that game.

Last edited by mikeq672; 08-19-2019 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:04 PM   #1963
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
50 minutes in now on the step off battle. The kid posted on shownation thinking hed have support but got **** on by everyone.

After 1 hour he finally stopped taking a secondary lead. I just won it on a 2 run homer by Pudge in the 10th. He got a guy on in the bottom of the 10th and proceeded to start taking non stop leads again but I got him out and held on.

It took me almost 2 hours to play that game.
omg can I please see the shownation thing lol. I actually wonder if anyone has talked **** about me there

nvm found it lol

that **** is why I am looking forward to more alone time in 2k in a few weeks lol. this game can be alright but a dickhead ruins it

Last edited by ph33; 08-19-2019 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:19 PM   #1964
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
In case anyone was wondering, were still at a stalemate. Luckily Ive got two tvs and a fridge full of beer right here, Ill sit here all day because someone wants to be a douche canoe and take zero responsibility.
you are a ****ing american hero mike

mine is similar but replace the booze with bud lol

while it’s frustrating facing those ****s it feels so good when you kick their *** or make them quit. funny thing is they try to be a dick to you, but that’s when I just sit back and start multitasking (no joke I started playing mario during a staredown) usually after 10 min when they realize I am a more stubborn SOB is when they get mad
Old 08-19-2019, 04:28 PM   #1965
MVP

papadell's Arena

Another reason I stopped playing online I don't need that ****. With how wonky the game is that extra step is a big deal and they wouldn't complain if they weren't clearly going to steal all game

Here's a Maverick thought

Take the ****ing extra step option out of the game
Old 08-19-2019, 04:45 PM   #1966
MVP

ph33's Arena

I actually don't mind the extra step, but it needs some reworking. The reason I don't mind it being in, in the first place, is that some people *do* pitch way too quickly, and this is a way to get them to slow down. I do think I should be sweating a bit when I've got a speedster on the paths, as people normally would.

What I don't like is what happens when a free step is allowed to be taken like this---all the reward goes in the offense's favor, no risk at all, and it just isn't like that normally.

So they've got a speedster on base, your two paths to limiting it as a pitcher is a slide step and/or pitch out. If you don't slide step, a speedster will get a stolen base on you without a step. And that's where the risk/reward comes into play. Because you're forced to slide step in any scenario, your pitch accuracy will be lower. So your risk as a slide stepper is much lower pitch control, but the reward is that you won't allow a free stolen base.

On the other hand, the offensive player can keep taking a free step and never have to worry about the increased distance it takes to get back---the game does it for them. So all they have to do is tap L1 and suddenly the offense has no choice but to slide step, and even then, they often can't throw the runner out anyways due to the extra step taken.

So the only real fair scenario in this game is that people don't take a step, which is why these stare downs take place. I played somebody who stole on me when they correctly predicted when I would go off speed or not slide step, and I tipped my hat to him for winning that battle. That's how it should be IMO.

But if this **** is going to stay as constructed, then agreed, leave it out completely, or force the offense to stop taking leads after they've done it 3 times in a row and I've stepped off. If I have a limit when you don't take a lead, you should have a limit to taking leads.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:52 PM   #1967
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
I actually don't mind the extra step, but it needs some reworking. The reason I don't mind it being in, in the first place, is that some people *do* pitch way too quickly, and this is a way to get them to slow down. I do think I should be sweating a bit when I've got a speedster on the paths, as people normally would.

What I don't like is what happens when a free step is allowed to be taken like this---all the reward goes in the offense's favor, no risk at all, and it just isn't like that normally.

So they've got a speedster on base, your two paths to limiting it as a pitcher is a slide step and/or pitch out. If you don't slide step, a speedster will get a stolen base on you without a step. And that's where the risk/reward comes into play. Because you're forced to slide step in any scenario, your pitch accuracy will be lower. So your risk as a slide stepper is much lower pitch control, but the reward is that you won't allow a free stolen base.

On the other hand, the offensive player can keep taking a free step and never have to worry about the increased distance it takes to get back---the game does it for them. So all they have to do is tap L1 and suddenly the offense has no choice but to slide step, and even then, they often can't throw the runner out anyways due to the extra step taken.

So the only real fair scenario in this game is that people don't take a step, which is why these stare downs take place. I played somebody who stole on me when they correctly predicted when I would go off speed or not slide step, and I tipped my hat to him for winning that battle. That's how it should be IMO.

But if this **** is going to stay as constructed, then agreed, leave it out completely, or force the offense to stop taking leads after they've done it 3 times in a row and I've stepped off. If I have a limit when you don't take a lead, you should have a limit to taking leads.
The real ****ing irony is that on the pitch I hit the homer, he slide stepped because he was scared of Mays stealing despite me not having a lead.

Once I saw he posted on shownation trying to gather some sympathy, I knew I had to stick it out it out no matter what.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:57 PM   #1968
MVP

papadell's Arena

On the subject of quick pitching I wish they either had balks on so they have to come set or just force the animation to come set after selecting a pitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »