Home

Is anyone else editing M12 or M25 in 2023

This is a discussion on Is anyone else editing M12 or M25 in 2023 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2023, 09:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Is anyone else editing M12 or M25 in 2023

I finally figured out how to edit rosters and successfully use them on the Xbox 360, and now I feel drunk with power.

Are there any active groups editing 2023 rosters for M12/M25? I was shocked that I could even find last year's roster, and it seems like at least several of you still play one or the other. I've started a casual first-draft of player movement and demographic info, but there's no way I'll have 1700 contracts and 50-100 created/edited players finished on my own -- on a 40yo dad's schedule -- by 9/7.

So, if I can help keep updated rosters going for fellow nostalgic gamers, point me in a direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2023, 02:47 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Is anyone else editing M12 or M25 in 2023

There's definitely a place that has been working on 25 but on PS3 or its emulator. I'll send you a link via DM.
Old 05-27-2023, 09:24 AM   #3
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopin
I finally figured out how to edit rosters and successfully use them on the Xbox 360, and now I feel drunk with power.

Are there any active groups editing 2023 rosters for M12/M25? I was shocked that I could even find last year's roster, and it seems like at least several of you still play one or the other. I've started a casual first-draft of player movement and demographic info, but there's no way I'll have 1700 contracts and 50-100 created/edited players finished on my own -- on a 40yo dad's schedule -- by 9/7.

So, if I can help keep updated rosters going for fellow nostalgic gamers, point me in a direction.
I've been trying to learn how to update Madden roster's with editors for 2 years and I'm still confused lol. That's awesome that you were able to figure everything out!

I would be willing to help out in any way updating Madden 25, 12, or 17.
Old 05-30-2023, 05:22 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
There's definitely a place that has been working on 25 but on PS3 or its emulator. I'll send you a link via DM.
any chance i can get that link?
Old 06-06-2023, 11:17 AM   #5
Rookie

There are still a couple of speed bumps I'm addressing as I go. The hardest part initially was just getting the file to load on the 360. (For anyone having trouble, the hex edit step is critical!)

I started with the "test3" roster posted at the end of reeshmd's thread. I've been tackling one position at a time, making sure every player on the roster is assigned to the correct team. As of last night, I finished the existing LEs. After team assignment is complete, I'm starting back at the top and fixing the rest of the demographic info (via Pro Football Reference) and contract terms (via Sportrac). My dream is to have corrected player stats, too, but that's a big project which seems cosmetic, and I'm more interested in providing a playable roster which is viable for franchise/CCM.

The only draftees I've (very loosely) created are Young, Stroud, and Richardson. Long way to go there, as well.

Moving an active file around seems tedious and overly confusing, so if anyone has any spreadsheet hacks to share to make community editing a reality, I'm open to suggestion and education. And maybe it's even as simple as importing the PS group's roster into a 360-formatted file to circumvent all the editing -- I'm open to that, too.

Edit: Forgot to address player ratings. I started adjusting a few ratings to match what's posted on maddenratings.com, but by no means do Overall ratings work the same way, so I'm trying to find a less hacky way to ensure decent ratings, if possible.

Last edited by mojopin; 06-06-2023 at 11:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2023, 12:47 PM   #6
Pro

reeshmd23's Arena

OVR: 0

Here's my base csv for my roster on Madden 13 on ps vita
Attached Files
File Type: zip newest_player_csv.zip (491.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 06-06-2023, 10:11 PM   #7
Rookie

Thanks, reesh!

I haven't figured out how to import that csv into a 360 save through MREv1, and I haven't used EADB until tonight, so my trials are only accomplishing errors so far.

edit:

AW SNAP, I GOT IT! (Helps to use the correct editor.)

ten minutes later

AW SNAP, I SCREWED UP! The roster looks beautiful in the menus, but entire teams are ghosts in game. I only imported the PLAY section of the csv, so maybe I'm just missing something key. For now, I've attached my XBox 360 Madden 25 port of Reeshmd's roster...maybe someone can fix it before I do:
Attached Files
File Type: zip ROSTER-REESHMD23.zip (373.3 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by mojopin; 06-06-2023 at 11:32 PM. Reason: WIP
Old 06-07-2023, 09:45 PM   #8
Rookie

FOLLOW-UP:

Auto-reordering the depth charts seemed to do the trick. This is slick, reesh, thanks for the boost!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »