Home

Anyone else feel like ratings don't matter much?

This is a discussion on Anyone else feel like ratings don't matter much? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-06-2024, 12:40 AM   #17
Pro

Feros Ferio 7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone else feel like ratings don't matter much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpq[emoji637
;[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji6][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji6][emoji[emoji6]][emoji6]]I think this is correct. It’s something we can’t see in ratings or control that affects gameplay greatly.

Yeah, except that’s not the discussion we’re having but you know that.

I can’t speak for the OP, but I can tell you tge last part is not true. I also just play single games.

It's exactly the discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-06-2024, 01:22 AM   #18
MVP

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Anyone else feel like ratings don't matter much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feros Ferio 7
It's exactly the discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
The discussion is that generally very good teams do and should(in the game) beat lesser rated(per the rating in the game) or less talented teams. Generally the better or more highly rated team does and will outplay the lesser team. That’s what probably happens 9 out of 10 times when Vanderbilt plays Alabama in the real world.

What you’re referencing is called an outlier. Thats when Vanderbilt beats Alabama. It’s awesome and what makes college football very fun. Today, in real life college football, Vanderbilt made enough plays to win. It’s the 1 in 10.

The discussion here is that the outliers in the game seem a bit tilted in that bad teams can hang with good teams more often than some people might find desirable or realistic.

Literally - literally - no one has said that Alabama never should or could lose to a Vanderbilt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »