Home

Major League Baseball 2K7 Review (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K7 Review (360) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2007, 06:46 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Major League Baseball 2K7 Review (360)

We have just posted our Major League Baseball 2K7 review. Find out what Clay Shaver had to say about it.
"There’s no denying the passion of a baseball fan. Rivaled only by college football - perhaps - no game generates more dyed in the wool fans with live, breath, eat and sleep your favorite team passion more than Major League Baseball. Whether it’s the perennial powerhouses like the Red Sox or Yankees or the lovable losers like the Cubs, there’s no mistaking a baseball fan."
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2007, 10:19 AM   #2
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Major League Baseball 2K7 Review (360)

Great review. I would have given it the same score. Now I want to hear from all these guys that would give it an 8 or above. I don't know how they could truly disagree with your assesment.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:28 AM   #3
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjphillips
Great review. I would have given it the same score. Now I want to hear from all these guys that would give it an 8 or above. I don't know how they could truly disagree with your assesment.
I'd still give it a solid 8...

One of his main gripes (fielding) hasn't been a problem for me at all. I've made some nice diving catches, haven't missed a ball rolling in the outfield, etc. Honestly, I really don't get how people are having a problem with it. Either way though, 7 is still a very good store, and the review recognizes the improvements 2k has made and those they still need to make.

Nice job again Clay.

Old 03-13-2007, 01:46 PM   #4
Pro

KBomber's Arena

OVR: 5

It's kind of funny when you think about it:

In NFL football, the greatest comparator for all games is still NFL 2k5
In MLB baseball, the same holds true for MVP 05

After a while you really do need to ask the question as to whether these 2 leagues are really paying attention to what's happening with their virtual properties. If nothing else the performance of the "exclusive" rights holders has been very disappointing

Interesting read on the review

Have fun...........

What I think I think:
• Y'know, I've never played less NBA 2K than I did with NBA 2K12
• Sports VG titles were REALLY disappointing in 2011-12
• Thank Heaven for ME3 and Arkham City -- saved my winter
Old 03-13-2007, 03:25 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Your kidding me huh ? a 7, are u kidding ??? This is a VERY VERY good baseball game , the best baseball on the market todate and I can say that because I have owned every baseball title since Atari baseball. I cant find fault in this game at all, for one it is a game not real so were always going to have some issues, yes I would have liked to see some Spring tarining games but no big deal to me at all, I would have liked to have seen a few more names on the roster but again small details. Thsi is a fantastic game, the pitching is great ( I use mode2 ) and I use classic swing , I didnt really care for the swing stick, a lil to hard to use FOR ME.
The game is very true to the real thing, broken bats , hits up the middle, the ball boy getting a foul ball,etc etc this game should have cornered EA's them " If it's in the game , it's in the game ". I'm usually very hard to please with baseball games because I usually find every flaw it has , but I can honestly say I love this game and give it a 10 out of 10 stars.
Next years game will be sick .... I can only imagine how it can get better.
GO PIRATES
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2007, 03:40 PM   #6
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

I found it to be a very fair review. I am enjoying the game but there is definetly room for improvement, especially in franchise mode.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:17 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

I find it interesting that there is no mention made of how the rosters and lineups get broken in the Franchise mode. As this is the biggest issue on the forums, I would have thought it would at least get a mention in the article.

I agree that the gameplay is fun and intertaining, but busted lineup and guys hanging out in the minors is really unacceptable for a Franchise mode. There is a LOT of work to be done in this area.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:39 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Pimp 11
Your kidding me huh ? a 7, are u kidding ??? This is a VERY VERY good baseball game , the best baseball on the market todate and I can say that because I have owned every baseball title since Atari baseball. I cant find fault in this game at all, for one it is a game not real so were always going to have some issues, yes I would have liked to see some Spring tarining games but no big deal to me at all, I would have liked to have seen a few more names on the roster but again small details. Thsi is a fantastic game, the pitching is great ( I use mode2 ) and I use classic swing , I didnt really care for the swing stick, a lil to hard to use FOR ME.
The game is very true to the real thing, broken bats , hits up the middle, the ball boy getting a foul ball,etc etc this game should have cornered EA's them " If it's in the game , it's in the game ". I'm usually very hard to please with baseball games because I usually find every flaw it has , but I can honestly say I love this game and give it a 10 out of 10 stars.
Next years game will be sick .... I can only imagine how it can get better.
GO PIRATES
A 10 out of 10 would seem to indicate that the game was perfect and met your expectations in every way. That it was the BEST game ever and that there weren't things missing from the game or features that were lacking in any area.

You highlight a lack of Spring Training games and names missing from the rosters as two things that bothered you, even if it was a little bit. That should make it a less than perfect game for you, so your score should reflect that in some way.

With the complexity of sports games, I can't imagine there ever being a sports game that actually gets a 10 out of 10. There will always be someting wrong with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »