Home

Gave MLBTS 22 Another Shot

This is a discussion on Gave MLBTS 22 Another Shot within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2022, 02:20 PM   #1
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

As y’all prob know, I thrive for realism when it comes to my off-line franchise.

“Recently” found a pS5, bought 22 and realized
pretty quickly that what I’ve been reading and what I’ve experienced playing 22 is true….. it has has been a major challenge to dial in the sliders for this years game.

I followed JoshC’s advice - plugged in default sliders across the board - increased difficulty to AS+ and just started playing.

After completing my 7th series, I have to say……OOTB with this set up is really fun.

I use classic pitching with outfield view and no ball marker + directional hitting with retro view and auto fields with broadcast view for those that may be wondering.

If you are frustrated, Br determined to make 22 work for you, I encourage you to at least try this for a bit and see if it’ll make you happy as it has me.

Dowie
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2022, 09:24 AM   #2
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Gave MLBTS 22 Another Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
As y’all prob know, I thrive for realism when it comes to my off-line franchise.

“Recently” found a pS5, bought 22 and realized
pretty quickly that what I’ve been reading and what I’ve experienced playing 22 is true….. it has has been a major challenge to dial in the sliders for this years game.

I followed JoshC’s advice - plugged in default sliders across the board - increased difficulty to AS+ and just started playing.

After completing my 7th series, I have to say……OOTB with this set up is really fun.

I use classic pitching with outfield view and no ball marker + directional hitting with retro view and auto fields with broadcast view for those that may be wondering.

If you are frustrated, Br determined to make 22 work for you, I encourage you to at least try this for a bit and see if it’ll make you happy as it has me.

Dowie
Played the game for months. All star plus with default sliders, HOF with armor sliders and even HOF default and the game is boring. Most games were just pitching duels. If I try the game again and go into the 6th inning with a 0-0 tie , I might snap the disc in half.

But I’m glad you’re enjoying the game.
Old 07-31-2022, 10:21 AM   #3
MVP

dowie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSide83
Played the game for months. All star plus with default sliders, HOF with armor sliders and even HOF default and the game is boring. Most games were just pitching duels. If I try the game again and go into the 6th inning with a 0-0 tie , I might snap the disc in half.

But I’m glad you’re enjoying the game.
Ha ha! You aren’t wrong. The game lacks offense (but I like that).

Dowie
Old 07-31-2022, 11:59 AM   #4
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Plenty of offense with our sliders if you want to try something different.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 08-05-2022, 08:12 PM   #5
MVP

dowie's Arena

OK...5 more games "tested", but this time I kept default sliders across the board (AS +) BUT INCREASED pitch speeds to 7.

Maybe placebo, but the ball seemed to "jump" off the bat for both teams quite a bit more.

I keep notes, and saw an uptick in XBH's (2.2 more XBH's p/game for me, and 1.4 more XBH's for cpu).

Maybe the increased pitch speeds does help w/ exit velo?

I can't give up on this game, and I hold out hope (graphics and defense is so so good) that default @ AS + does the trick (with an uptick in pitch speed).

Dowie
Dowie
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2022, 07:33 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
OK...5 more games "tested", but this time I kept default sliders across the board (AS +) BUT INCREASED pitch speeds to 7.

Maybe placebo, but the ball seemed to "jump" off the bat for both teams quite a bit more.

I keep notes, and saw an uptick in XBH's (2.2 more XBH's p/game for me, and 1.4 more XBH's for cpu).

Maybe the increased pitch speeds does help w/ exit velo?

I can't give up on this game, and I hold out hope (graphics and defense is so so good) that default @ AS + does the trick (with an uptick in pitch speed).

Dowie
Dowie

This intrigues me sir. So, for example, would default HOF+ or HOF give the same results only more difficult? Or is the CPU kore difficult on AS+?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2022, 09:16 PM   #7
MVP

dowie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcshuckers73
This intrigues me sir. So, for example, would default HOF+ or HOF give the same results only more difficult? Or is the CPU kore difficult on AS+?

I tried HOF default for 3 series…..to me, not noticing Al much of a difference from AS +, except maybe pitch speed is a tad faster. Haven’t tried HOF +

I’m thinking HOF at default is my happy place for 22.

Dowie
Old 08-10-2022, 08:24 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
I tried HOF default for 3 series…..to me, not noticing Al much of a difference from AS +, except maybe pitch speed is a tad faster. Haven’t tried HOF +

I’m thinking HOF at default is my happy place for 22.

Dowie

Last night I went with Legend Pitching and HOF+ hitting. All default except I lowered fielder speed to 3, fielder reaction to 4 and infield arm strength to 2. Amazing game. I lost 4-3 by a homer hit by Devers. We each struck out 8 times and drew 3 walks. I had McClanahan on the mound and only gave up 5 hits and had 8 hits myself. Legend pitching hit the sweet spot for me. I have to be careful and was going to get hammered if I left the ball over the plate. Good stuff, man. I’m curious to see how it plays out the next few games. Really hopeful I have found the sweet spot. I play complete clean screen and manual fielding.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »