Home

FIFA 23 Career Mode Details and Trailer Revealed - Authentic Managers, Playable Highlights, Personality & More

This is a discussion on FIFA 23 Career Mode Details and Trailer Revealed - Authentic Managers, Playable Highlights, Personality & More within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2022, 11:04 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 23 Career Mode Details and Trailer Revealed - Authentic Managers, Playable Highlights, Personality & More

EA has revealed their FIFA 23 Career Mode trailer today, along with a new Pitch Notes...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2022, 12:05 PM   #2
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: FIFA 23 Career Mode Trailer

Nothing something to be excited about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 08-01-2022, 12:45 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

How they made a trailer for that is weird, it's really just a couple of tiny updates. So disappointing.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-01-2022, 12:59 PM   #4
Rookie

I'm more than slightly impressed.

I'm not quite at "shut up and take my money" just yet. But if they keep the whole "retire as player, get hired as manager" thing going, then with all these new additions, this might just turn out to be the meatiest career mode in the entire history of sports video games. We'll see.

The deliverable is emotion, and it looks like EA is going to try to highlight some of the more emotional "outside the lines" moments on the "player" side: the jitters of being new in town, the excitement of cracking the starting lineup, and so on.

World building and fleshing out the supporting cast, should give the user a lot more reasons to care about their character. If the devs can bring all that home, and still maintain a high level of user agency...my first-pass reaction to the reveal trailer, and certainly not my final verdict, but on paper, to me, this looks like it might just redefine career modes for years...IF it all comes together as announced.
Old 08-01-2022, 02:20 PM   #5
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Pitch Notes with more details.

https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-2...reer-deep-dive
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2022, 03:39 PM   #6
Rookie

I can now buy a sports car in my career. Hyped.

Unfortunately all the skating and changing direction in one frame/ms is still there, I fear the technology for eliminating that is not there yet. We might have to wait for the PS6 and SuperDuperMotion v13.4.

All in all, the features are "meh, whatever" so the meat here are the gameplay snippets... Oh, boy.

Last edited by Chrisx; 08-01-2022 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-01-2022, 07:13 PM   #7
Rookie

Its more of a CPU update. Better CPU coaching decisions, signings, substitutions... and a new Menu and cut scenes.

They were never going to rebuild the entire mode from the ground up...

These changes alongside the gameplay improvements (THE most important thing), makes me pretty excited, certainly more excited for this game than any of the last fifas since FIFA 17
Old 08-01-2022, 10:30 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisx
I can now buy a sports car in my career. Hyped.
I think they're borrowing the basic idea from the Salary Perk system in NHL's Be a Pro. The way that works in NHL is, you do spend in-game salary on "stuff," but each "item" gives you a stat boost, or a better reputation, or more followers, and so on. It all does affect the way your career unfolds, especially once your character is done with his ELC and the big ticket items start becoming more feasible.

Based on what I saw today, FIFA looks to be trying to go one better, because each "item" is also tied to your personality, which has a different way of improving your player.

As an aside, I found it kind of interesting that they're going with three overarching character archetypes. My immediate reaction to that little tidbit was, So, kinda like Mage, Thief, Warrior in Skyrim?

It is actually a nifty bit of game design: it narrows things down juuust enough to allow for higher production and more immersion outside the lines, while still leaving room for high user agency.

Not sure if this will be the career mode that finally finds the sweet spot, but it does look like it's going to be very close to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »