Home

Funkycorm's Madden 23 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on Funkycorm's Madden 23 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2022, 09:34 AM   #1
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Funkycorm's Madden 23 XP Sliders

My name is Funkycorm. I am here to release my XP sliders for Madden 23. This is the second year of this thread and the 4th time I have made XP sliders. I am very pleased with the results I have gotten the last few years and even more so this year.

This is for Madden 23 next gen. Everything has been tested on the PS5.

A bit about me first since I am newer to the madden slider subforum. I am a perfectionist. I like things a certain way. I strive to make the best experience in the game for myself. My motto in games is chase fun, not stats. This approach and these sliders embrace that.

I look at how the short term impacts the long term. And that is exactly what XP sliders do. XP sliders don't impact the game in one week like gameplay slider adjustments do. You have to look at how the XP sliders impact the health of a franchise long term. I do not focus on stats as that is not what XP sliders are about. They are about growth and regression.

I take a week by week and a year-by-year approach both. What this means, is that I don't run a multiyear sim at once without stopping so I can just see where the numbers lie down the road, I sim week to week and look at what an individual player/position gains in a week based on various factors. We don't just want to see where league is in x number of years. This approach doesn't give us any idea on how we got to end.

We want to see where the league is at after year 1, 2, 3, etc. The league may balance out in 10 years but what happens in those first 9 years is important as well. Especially since more players probably tend to play 3-5 seasons in a given cycle.

This year, it was a bit harder to narrow these down because there are more factors involved than previously. Just like in 22. But like any game, there is a pattern. Progressive fatigue plays a big factor in this and we have to take into account all situations here. The fact that you can now focus train up to 6 players is a big monkey wrench as well. As well as the scenarios and coaching trees.

Without further delay though, here are the sliders:

Madden 23 Next Gen XP Sliders:

QB 84

These need to be lowered as most user QB will get at least one scenario per year. Lowering this helped to even out the high base ratings more.

HB 80

This is a group that needs a lot of lowering because of the high inflation on the base roster. It will start to balance over time but until then you need to keep weekly progression in check. There are also a few too many high rated, star or better HB prospects out of generated draft classes yearly.

FB 99

The fullback position is less common in today’s game but this number where it is at let’s a few elite guys emerge through the years. Something that does happen in real life.

WR 88

Progression here has always been hard to lock down in the past. This year was no different because of the inflated ratings on the roster this year.

TE 95

Here, even with a small drop, it lets some of the elite guys emerge in future seasons.

G 90
T 90
C 90

Traditionally, you have needed a huge boost to the OL positions in previous games. Not this year. This is a position grouping where the numbers needed to be lowered slightly.

DE 93
DT 93

The DL positions need brought back a bit this year. With the slight drop in OL, the DL needs just a slight decrease as they traditionally have higher ratings across the board. They are also the recipients of XP bonuses.

OLB 96

This was a tough one. Pass rushers tend to start off higher than the other archetypes. There is also a discrepancy between ROLB and LOLB. Same as last year. A small drop is needed.

MLB 103

Just needed a slight tweak above default to feel right. There is a lack of MLB emerging from draft classes this year. This helps to alleviate that deficiency.

CB 95

We need a slight drop here to keep up with the WR ratings to keep WR/DB interactions good long term. But not as much of a drop as the WR position is more overloaded.

FS 103
SS 103

Safety is usually the weakest position in most draft classes so this slight boost here is to help the league keep a balance here in future years.

K 100
P 100

No comment needed here.

A few things to note:

1. Even with a lot of factors at play, once again a good share of our XP sliders will remain close to default.

2. If you are using custom draft classes, I cannot recommend these. I use only default generated classes as custom ones are typically way too inflated and poorly designed across the board. Plus, with the crashing bug having custom classes as a trigger, I will not even edit a generated class before the draft. If you need to, edit at the draft recap screen. It causes no issues at that point.

3. I also feel that the default rosters are inflated at a few positions as I mentioned above, so these are designed to lower that inflation and do so over the life of your franchise.

4. Also, XP scenario bonuses only apply to user-controlled teams. Using 32 team control can even the playing field but takes a ton of extra work. This is personal discretion. I ran user scenarios for a few teams to get a better look at numbers and various influences.

Other Highly Recommended Settings:

This is also where I differ in my approach. There are other setting recommendations that go hand in hand with XP sliders. These are my additional settings and what I used to test these XP sliders. They are not required but are preferred and recommended for better results.

Star: 320
Superstar: 70
X Factors: 50

So, these settings are vital when it comes to sliders. The way the game is, it is too easy to have an entire group of starters all have star development. When this happens, it puts the league way out of balance.

What these lower numbers do is help control progression and regression. With these settings, teams can still have 2-4 superstars/x factors as well as an average of ten star dev players. After year 1 you will see a lot of dev trait regression. It's okay. Just roll with it. Trust me. It improves the health of your franchise long term and makes it more dynamic and keeps that ratings inflation in check. Though you may be tempted. Don't go and edit players back to where they were. It messes with the XP sliders and will put your league out of whack.

Progressive Fatigue:

This year you must have it on. It has been fixed. And it must be on for any of the above to work. It makes a vital and essential difference in the amount of progression that happens in a season. If left off, I cannot guarantee any of my slider settings will work for you as it was never tested that way. But my theory is that it will lead to bloated ratings as you can fully train everyone each week.

Rules of the thread:

1. Be courteous and respectful.
2. Do not quote this first post to keep the thread less cluttered.
3. Please do not share your XP sliders in this thread. It causes confusion and clutters up the thread.
4. Be constructive. These are final unless I want to update something. Therefore, I am not looking for direct feedback or changes to be made at this time. You may ask questions but I will not entertain requests to make changes. If you feel a change is necessary, you can change it on your end. Remember, my approach to XP sliders is different so I will hold constructive discussion on the process. But I won't hold discussion on changes.

Thanks for checking these out!

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

Last edited by Funkycorm; 09-23-2022 at 12:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2022, 10:14 AM   #2
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Re: Funkycorm's Madden 23 XP Sliders

Nice! I can’t wait to plug these in

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-27-2022, 10:31 AM   #3
Rookie

Heisman's Arena

OVR: 3

Thank you for this. I’m waiting for a week 1 roster update and hopefully a patch. I will use these and try my best to make this game playable.
NHL - Los Angeles Kings
MLS - Los Angeles Galaxy
EPL - Newcastle United
Old 08-27-2022, 10:53 AM   #4
Rookie

thank you for this! did a 10 year sim and saw some ratings inflation so I was hoping you'd be back this year

now just have to hope that they fix the CPU re-signing issues and I can start my franchise
Old 08-27-2022, 11:53 AM   #5
Pro

Thank you kind sir. I do 32 team just to do breakouts for CPU teams because I feel like it helps younger players develop better. It takes about 10 extra mins to cycle through and activate the scenarios.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2022, 12:34 PM   #6
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
Nice! I can’t wait to plug these in

Hope you enjoy them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisman
Thank you for this. I’m waiting for a week 1 roster update and hopefully a patch. I will use these and try my best to make this game playable.
I spent so much time figuring out the franchise corruption bug then doing these that I have only played like to games to far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecmc20
thank you for this! did a 10 year sim and saw some ratings inflation so I was hoping you'd be back this year

now just have to hope that they fix the CPU re-signing issues and I can start my franchise
There was definitely some inflation in my initial test. So many positions are highly rated in the default roster. I am hoping a week 1 roster helps a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momoney168
Thank you kind sir. I do 32 team just to do breakouts for CPU teams because I feel like it helps younger players develop better. It takes about 10 extra mins to cycle through and activate the scenarios.

I ended up doing 32 team control for a few reasons away from the corruption issue. I go through all the rosters each season week 1 and see who needs resigned across the league. I have used it to keep franchise talent where they should stay. I have also been doing the fifth year options for the entire league. Once I start my keeper franchise I am going to likely do the scenarios as well.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 08-29-2022, 09:00 AM   #7
Rookie

Thank you for your work really appreciate it! For the offline corrupt file do you put coach firing off? I don't know with 32 team control if you promote oc or dc to hc if that will work you won't run out of coach?
Old 08-29-2022, 11:11 AM   #8
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade450
Thank you for your work really appreciate it! For the offline corrupt file do you put coach firing off? I don't know with 32 team control if you promote oc or dc to hc if that will work you won't run out of coach?
I put coach firing off. I am going to do my own coaching carousel and replace head coaches with new fictional ones. Keep some dynamic in the league.

I am also going to keep coach progression to manual across the league and only do partial coach tree updates as some of the coach tree options are very OP. I am also setting coach tree progression to slow. These have nothing to do with player progression but I think it inflates multiple things and impacts gameplay.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »