Home

Handoffs are not in the game? Anyone gotten them to work?

This is a discussion on Handoffs are not in the game? Anyone gotten them to work? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2022, 04:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Handoffs are not in the game? Anyone gotten them to work?

Series X

You should be able to do a Handoff by holding B. If you go to 2ku it says you must turn them on in controller settings but there is no Handoffs option in controller settings.

If you hold B it highlights a player but they do not come get the handoff and instead run away from your player. Anyone gotten handoffs to work? Or is this a bug or did they take them out this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2022, 04:38 AM   #2
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Handoffs are not in the game? Anyone gotten them to work?

It’s in controller settings. The other option is called full receiver control or something. I’ve been doing handoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-10-2022, 04:53 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
It’s in controller settings. The other option is called full receiver control or something. I’ve been doing handoffs.
I created a topic about this because in streaming other players are like Smirkin Dirk confused.

I don't understand this choice to add features and remove other so important.

Link thread NBAK23 : Why we have to choose between "handoff pass" and "receiver GetOpen" ? : https://forums.operationsports.com/f...r-getopen.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERsports
You should be able to do a Handoff by holding B. If you go to 2ku it says you must turn them on in controller settings but there is no Handoffs option in controller settings. (...)
Old 09-10-2022, 08:55 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

default it’s “get receiver open” which i understand why most people dislike.

you can switch to old handoff, or my personal favorite is full receiver control.

with full receiver control you can control the player and either make them come get the ball and it will do a handoff, or you can control the player to get open on your own instead of the cpu doing it.

i’d recommend using the full control before knocking the switch. it’s essentially the best of both worlds with alot more control.

and on the xbox it seems like the controller settings get reverted again.. probably due to quick resume. but this means you have to verify your controller settings if something feels off. Holding the B/O button on offense, what LB/L1 on defense, shot meter/real% etc all get reverted to default.
Old 09-10-2022, 01:53 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhitsrandy
with full receiver control you can control the player and either make them come get the ball and it will do a handoff, or you can control the player to get open on your own instead of the cpu doing it.

Yes, but you no longer control the player who has the ball, you can't make passes where the players run into each other, or be a triple threat, or dribble while your player stands out.
The problem is that your player does not move while you control the other
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2022, 01:57 PM   #6
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

The Handoff mechanic in 22 was pretty terrible at best and easily exploitable in an unrealistic way at worst. This feels like it could/should be better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »