Home

M23: PS5 vs. PC

This is a discussion on M23: PS5 vs. PC within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2022, 03:16 PM   #1
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

OVR: 8
M23: PS5 vs. PC

Does anyone know how much different the game is on PS5 vs. PC? I have always played Madden on PlayStation but was thinking about trying the PC version. Any PC players out there want to chime in? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2022, 03:32 PM   #2
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: M23: PS5 vs. PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Elway
Does anyone know how much different the game is on PS5 vs. PC? I have always played Madden on PlayStation but was thinking about trying the PC version. Any PC players out there want to chime in? Thanks!
If you have played Madden on last gen Playstation (ps4) then you know exactly what it is like. The only difference is if you have a good gaming PC, it will likely load faster, play smoother and you will have the ability to mod the game. It is "not" like the PS5 version. It is based on the last gen engine so do not expect the feel of PS5. The PC and PS4 versions were pretty much exactly the same game though. PS5 diverged from that formula and we can only hope one day they bring the next gen engine to the PC where it belongs and there is power to do it justice.
Old 09-15-2022, 03:33 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
I have played it on both a lot. PS5 has the new Fieldsense and the new Freeflow passing system, PC has neither.

PC is pretty good this year graphics, but it's largely the same as last year. It sure does run a lot better though in terms of graphics. It's a fun game of football without some of the issues that comes with the newer stuff on the PS5 but it's not anything revolutionary.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 09-15-2022, 03:45 PM   #4
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
If you have played Madden on last gen Playstation (ps4) then you know exactly what it is like. The only difference is if you have a good gaming PC, it will likely load faster, play smoother and you will have the ability to mod the game. It is "not" like the PS5 version. It is based on the last gen engine so do not expect the feel of PS5. The PC and PS4 versions were pretty much exactly the same game though. PS5 diverged from that formula and we can only hope one day they bring the next gen engine to the PC where it belongs and there is power to do it justice.
What do you mean by "mod" the game? Is that just more customizations?
Old 09-15-2022, 04:04 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
There's all sorts of ways to mod it, to make it better using mods, or modifications, other people create.

For example in Madden you can make the PC version into a college football game. It's a bit of work but pretty awesome and something you cannot do on the consoles.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2022, 04:08 PM   #6
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Sorry. I can clarify a little. On the computer, the code to the game can more easily be accessed and as such, clever people have figured out how to change some of the code and make it play different. Usually, in the case of Madden, these are people who are making the game "better". They are trying to make it more realistic and better simulate the way an NFL game looks and feels. This also allows for a lot of graphics updates such as updated uniforms, helmets, field textures and Stadium textures. We've also seen people make the weather effects look better.

Modding is not specific to Madden and in many other titles/genres it can be used to "cheat" the games. It can be risky to go online with modded games as you could be perceived as trying to cheat the system. I suppose this could be the case in Madden but generally those who are modding the game are trying to "fix" shortcomings of the base Madden code that make it play unrealistic football.

There's a lot more to it but this should hopefully get you familiar with what modding is....at least with regards to Madden.

The console version are basically locked and cannot be touched regarding these things which is what makes PC appealing to so many. However, as I said earlier, Madden on PC does not have many of the latest features that the PS5 Version has. This makes it feel a little dated in comparison.

Edit: I forgot that it can be converted in College teams as well. Thanks Odogg.
Old 09-15-2022, 04:12 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

SXS/PS5 is the next gen version. PC is the last gen version. And the popular opinion is, once you feel the next gen versions, it's incredibly hard to go back to last gen.
Old 09-15-2022, 04:16 PM   #8
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Sorry. I can clarify a little. On the computer, the code to the game can more easily be accessed and as such, clever people have figured out how to change some of the code and make it play different. Usually, in the case of Madden, these are people who are making the game "better". They are trying to make it more realistic and better simulate the way an NFL game looks and feels. This also allows for a lot of graphics updates such as updated uniforms, helmets, field textures and Stadium textures. We've also seen people make the weather effects look better.

Modding is not specific to Madden and in many other titles/genres it can be used to "cheat" the games. It can be risky to go online with modded games as you could be perceived as trying to cheat the system. I suppose this could be the case in Madden but generally those who are modding the game are trying to "fix" shortcomings of the base Madden code that make it play unrealistic football.

There's a lot more to it but this should hopefully get you familiar with what modding is....at least with regards to Madden.

The console version are basically locked and cannot be touched regarding these things which is what makes PC appealing to so many. However, as I said earlier, Madden on PC does not have many of the latest features that the PS5 Version has. This makes it feel a little dated in comparison.

Edit: I forgot that it can be converted in College teams as well. Thanks Odogg.
Thanks for all the great information! Where do you find and download mods for M23 PC?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »