Home

Undisputed Gameplay Videos - Two Full Rounds of Boxing

This is a discussion on Undisputed Gameplay Videos - Two Full Rounds of Boxing within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2022, 09:49 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Undisputed Gameplay Videos - Two Full Rounds of Boxing

ICYMI: eSports Boxing Club has a new name: Undisputed

Quote:
That’s right, we’ve changed the name of our game. The name eSports Boxing Club has probably been the only constant throughout the development journey of the game, and it’s the name hundreds of thousands of you have grown familiar with. The game and the studio have developed and changed over the past two and a half years from a fun side project started by three brothers eager for a new boxing game, to a truly authentic boxing game with the likes of Canelo, Fury, and Ali on the roster and a team of 30+ people working to deliver it. We think now is the right time to reflect that with the changing of the name. We’ll have a new Undisputed website up soon, at which point you’ll be automatically redirected when you visit esportsboxingclub.com

https://youtu.be/5y0pOeLLmfo

https://youtu.be/vpBogsW4MWk

https://youtu.be/gNn2jpBWLKc

Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2022, 09:24 AM   #2
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Undisputed Gameplay Videos - Two Full Rounds of Boxing

gameplay/animations are taking backwards steps imo.

Earlier footage was smoother and the community was very vocal about the punches not looking right and needing more weight - rather than adding more rotation at the hips/neck/shoulders and having more follow-through, it looks like they just sped it up and cut some frames of animation. Now it looks more like FN which is a bad thing.

The biggest punches from earlier was that there was no commitment - like they did mo-cap of people shadow boxing and hitting pads. In a real bout the boxers 'expect to hit their opponent' so when they miss, there is follow through which was lacking. Added to that the 'getting hit' animations were often times non-existent and when you put those 2 things together you had ineffective looking punches / arm punches with no power or impact.

NOW they've reduced the animation frames/times of the punches and they still look as bad as ever, just much faster which is actually appeasing many fans or followers of the game.

Looks how bad the jabs/straights/crosses are. Take the straight/cross specifically - it's just super fast out and back in - where's the INTENTION/ the commitment, the leaning and twisting to have the goal of inflicting damage?
The jabs and straights also have limited impact making the outside game look ineffective - it looks like you have zero chance of interrupting someone and keeping them at bay with a strong jab.

So now we have a game that was looking more authentic moving towards looking more and more like FN and it's killing the anticipation for me. They started with the goal of replicating what you see on TV and were moving towards that and have taken a sharp left turn and what you see in those rounds above look ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like what you see on TV when you watch boxing. IT's just a hook and uppercut fest of guys throwing bombs with reckless abandon because the punches don't alter them in any significant way. People should feel some level of fear that they'll get dropped running in swinging hooks and why isn't boxing's #1 most effective weapon (the jab) looking like it's able to do anything?

This started happening more when Fanatico joined the team, but also they're just listening to the most vocal group which honestly seem to be competitive gamers. Pretty much looks like the game huge potential but it's systematically being ruined.
Old 10-19-2022, 09:47 AM   #3
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9

The first thing I noticed was what looked like clipping through the body and then a lot of punches that were missed still would have say an arm hit the opponents head. We see the collision but there's no reaction. Something just felt really off from earlier videos about the boxers actually colliding in action.
Old 10-19-2022, 04:21 PM   #4
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0

This game is never coming out. You can’t convince me otherwise
Old 10-19-2022, 04:44 PM   #5
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

OVR: 5

Definitely looks worse than it did in previous videos. Oh well, it is what it is
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2022, 08:54 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Well said allBthere. There's definitely a lack of 'umph' to the punches and follow-thrus.
I like the idea of fighters accuracy, defense, stamina and punch attributes to dictate if the punch lands.
I have no problems with contextual slips, misses, etc.
If you're fighting Sweet Pea, I'd expect to be punching air most of the fight. And that should be the same if I'm controlling him, regardless if my controller skills are horrendous.
There needs to be a blend of user control married to the fighters attributes.

But these latest videos look way too much like FN now.

But, I'm probably still going to buy it, lol
Old 10-20-2022, 10:16 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 0

Frankly, in my opinion, it looks a good bit worst than Fight Night does.
Old 10-21-2022, 10:41 PM   #8
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

It’s alpha footage. I still like how it’s looking. The fact they’re finally dropping real gameplay is positive. PC early access is a must for this game, hopefully sooner than later.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »