Home

TSE Fictional Roster 2K23 (PS5)

This is a discussion on TSE Fictional Roster 2K23 (PS5) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2022, 06:32 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
TSE Fictional Roster 2K23 (PS5)

Going to bring back my fictional roster for 2k23 this year. Have spent the last few years since 2k19 advancing the league so if you used the roster back then youll notice some old faces in new places. Am also working on a Google Slideshow detailing league history over the past 6 seasons since I originally made the project back on 2k17.

As always I will make one draft class to be used to advance the league another year forward.

No timetable on full release but will try to get a demo file out sometime this weekend with a few teams completed.

Glad to be able to share this again.

Edit: Also i cannot forget to give props to Tim (leoalure). Whose 2k17 ficitional roster is what i used and then continued to advanced with my own edits and draft classes. Cheers Tim if you ever see this brother

Update. The roster is complete. I have uploaded a MyNBA scenario if anyone wants to continue with the draft picks trades that have "officially" occured over the years.

MyNBAScenario: TSE2023

Also have PDF file with league history in the works.

Username: baebae3232
Content name: TSE2K23

Last edited by Baebae32; 04-15-2023 at 09:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2022, 07:21 PM   #2
Pro

Re: TSE Fictional Roster 2K23 (PS5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baebae32
Going to bring back my fictional roster for 2k23 this year. Have spent the last few years since 2k19 advancing the league so if you used the roster back then youll notice some old faces in new places. Am also working on a Google Slideshow detailing league history over the past 6 seasons since I originally made the project back on 2k17.

As always I will make one draft class to be used to advance the league another year forward.

No timetable on full release but will try to get a demo file out sometime this weekend with a few teams completed.

Glad to be able to share this again.
I can’t wait to see the slideshow. Gonna be a good deal of nostalgia
Old 10-15-2022, 06:48 PM   #3
Pro

There is a test file uploaded with 5 teams that are play now ready.

Teams Complete:
Bulls, Celtics, Knicks, Pelicans, Suns

Username: baebae3232
Content name: backup

Let me know what you all think with regards to gameplay.
Old 10-16-2022, 09:12 PM   #4
Pro

Played a game as the Celtics just because it like to chuck 3’s and they had a pair of splash brothers. I can tell they’re at the end of a run. Pelicans look loaded on young talent which is nice.

Celtics vs Knicks because I’m assuming JT Hunter is the future face of the league. I did play as both the Celtics and watch the CPU vs CPU play and both were a lot of fun. Ran the warriors freelance with Boston and got tons of open looks. I’m still getting used to 23 though and I got crushed.
Old 10-17-2022, 09:53 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffruel
Played a game as the Celtics just because it like to chuck 3’s and they had a pair of splash brothers. I can tell they’re at the end of a run. Pelicans look loaded on young talent which is nice.

Celtics vs Knicks because I’m assuming JT Hunter is the future face of the league. I did play as both the Celtics and watch the CPU vs CPU play and both were a lot of fun. Ran the warriors freelance with Boston and got tons of open looks. I’m still getting used to 23 though and I got crushed.
Appreciate the feedback Jeffruel! Yeah the Celtics are fun to use with all the offensive firepower they have.

I will also try and do a preivew of each team to give the roster some more life. Of the 5 teams that are complete

Chicago Bulls
Have won 4 of the 6 titles and are coming off of a 3-peat. They are going for 4 straight of course but all of their Big 3 (B.J. Irving, Branden Ford, Damien Augmon) are potential free agents after the season. B.J. Irving has also hinted at potential retirement after the season. If someone control this team the challenge will be of course going for 4 straight but if you don't accomplish that, do you bring everyone back and re-tool around stars or do you go for a complete rebuild?

Boston Celtics
Boston won 52 games last season and finish 2nd in the East but that didnt prevent them from being upset in the 1st round by the New York Knicks in 5 games after Cedric Meekins injured his knee in Game 3. They enter this season in Year 2 of the Meekins-McCleod experiment after McCleod came over from Detroit. Boston lost to the Bulls in the 2021 Eastern Conference Finals and have expectations of a deep playoff run this year. The challenge will be finding out if the current roster as constructed to get past the Bulls and get to the Finals.

New York Knicks
J.T. Hunter has arrived. The Knicks are led by their young star and are coming off a 46 win season and 1st round upset of the aforementioned Boston Celtics and even pushed the Brooklyn Nets to 7 games. The front office has made some good moves including selecting J.T. Hunter 8th in 2019, signing Carl Gentry and Jimmy Frank in the summer of 2021 and this past offseason they have now acquired Stuart Meyer from Cleveland to aid Hunter with some of the shot creation. The challenge will be to continue to build around Hunter and develop or move some of the young talent off the bench.

New Orleans Pelicans
Coming off back to back 55+ loss seasons after 4 consecutive First Round exits. The rebuild is on in the Big Easy. Byron Stevens has developed into one of the best wings in the league and they have a trio of promising 1st round selections in Mitchell Irving (3rd overall in 2021), Rasheed Thornton (4th overall in 2022) and Antonio Hammonds (17th overall in 2022). There are also former lottery selections looking for a fresh start in a new home (Gordon Patton- 12th overall in 2018 and Damian Conley 6th overall in 2020, both came over in a trade with the Magic). The challenge for using the Pelicans will be determining if the current high selections are franchise cornerstones or draft busts. They need to give Stevens some help. He has gone on record saying that he is committed to the city of New Orleans but every man has a breaking point...

Phoenix Suns
The Suns have done it the right way. They have built primarily through the draft with Bradley Toney (7th in 2017), Walt Sheridan (11th in 2018), Jordan Cooper (5th in 2019), and Quan Jackson Jr. (1st in 2020). Those selections and subsequent player development combined with a trade to bring in every night triple double threat Ross Sparks in the 2021 offseason propelled Phoenix to a Western Conference best 52-30 record and a Finals appearance in which they push the dynastic Bulls to 7 games. The challenge this year will be repeating last year's success with this year's championship expectations from the media and Suns fanbase. Will also have to negotiate terms to resign Jordan Cooper and bigman Colin Maxwell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2022, 03:45 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just popping in with some quick excitement and encouragement! Fictional rosters that are well thought out are the peak 2K gaming experience to me. I played Tim's fictional rosters for 2k19 for HOURS. I'm so glad we have someone creating a good one for Ps5 - can't wait to dive in!
Old 10-18-2022, 08:10 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC1211
Just popping in with some quick excitement and encouragement! Fictional rosters that are well thought out are the peak 2K gaming experience to me. I played Tim's fictional rosters for 2k19 for HOURS. I'm so glad we have someone creating a good one for Ps5 - can't wait to dive in!
Appreciate your support!
Old 10-21-2022, 10:55 PM   #8
Rookie

DaltonT4's Arena

OVR: 5

Really enjoy having a fictional roster to play around with. Looking forward for the next batch of teams to try out.
NFL: Cincinnati Bengals

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »