Home

Post patch: You can no longer assign duplicate numbers to players on the same team

This is a discussion on Post patch: You can no longer assign duplicate numbers to players on the same team within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2022, 10:18 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Post patch: You can no longer assign duplicate numbers to players on the same team

So 2K made it to where you can no longer assign players with Duplicate numbers on the same team….This is completely fine, from a current team perspective. But absolutely an issue when it comes to All-Time teams…For example, when I try to assign Chris Paul to the all time Suns, Dennis Johnson (who also wore #3) changes to a different number. Same thing happens when I try to assign Marc Gasol to the All-time Grizz. Mike Miller, who also wore number 33, changes to a different number as soon as I assign Gasol to the team. When I try to change Amare Stoudemire’s number from #32 to #1 (which he primarily wore during his tenure in Phoenix), then all of a sudden Devin Booker’s number changes…This is an immersion killer. Many guys wore the same numbers for certain franchises.

I don’t know whose idea it was to make this change, like who asked for this?? Literally can’t think of anyone who has ever made a complaint over duplicate numbers. Between this and the broken CAP…They just keep on making things difficult for roster creators. It’s frustrating.

Last edited by KobeDropped81; 10-19-2022 at 10:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2022, 03:06 AM   #2
MVP

jk31's Arena

Re: Post patch: You can no longer assign duplicate numbers to players on the same tea

This is not new? It has been like that for years. On PC you can use the "NBA 2k Tool" Roster editor to assign duplicate numbers.
Old 10-20-2022, 04:38 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Post patch: You can no longer assign duplicate numbers to players on the same tea

So the old workaround where you create a player and assign him to the team and they both keep their same #s doesn't work anymore? If true this kills my all time college roster team 🤦🏼*♂️🤦🏼*♂️🤦🏼*♂️
Old 10-20-2022, 11:04 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
This is not new? It has been like that for years. On PC you can use the "NBA 2k Tool" Roster editor to assign duplicate numbers.
Totally new on Console. In the past you were able to create a player or import a player from DNA and then assign him to a roster and no one’s number would change. You could have 12 guys with the same number all on the same roster.
Old 10-20-2022, 11:08 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaks_34
So the old workaround where you create a player and assign him to the team and they both keep their same #s doesn't work anymore? If true this kills my all time college roster team 🤦🏼*♂️🤦🏼*♂️🤦🏼*♂️
Correct. This no longer works. All this does now is change the number of the players who shared the same number on the roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2022, 05:13 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeDropped81
Correct. This no longer works. All this does now is change the number of the players who shared the same number on the roster.
This sucks. Why would they patch this out??
Old 10-20-2022, 05:15 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Of all the things they could have fixed, they chose something like this. I use it for classic rosters, putting created players on teams. I use it for a cornrow Ben Wallace on the Detroit Pistons. It's really disappointing to roster makers. How about put some effort into fixing the create a player glitch instead?
Old 10-22-2022, 07:21 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy10
Of all the things they could have fixed, they chose something like this. I use it for classic rosters, putting created players on teams. I use it for a cornrow Ben Wallace on the Detroit Pistons. It's really disappointing to roster makers. How about put some effort into fixing the create a player glitch instead?
Yeah this really blows me fr

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »