Home

My review of "COMP" Rec play.

This is a discussion on My review of "COMP" Rec play. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2023, 06:38 PM   #1
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
My review of "COMP" Rec play.

Played about 15-20 games in Rec on PS5 with a full squad of 5. These are people I've played with in the past, and have been successful in other years. We've all played pickup Rec games with each other at least 4-5 years now.

Problem is, there are no PICKUP teams on the other end in Rec. I even asked the other guys if it's any better on Team Pro-Am he said no. Basically, if you have 5, they most likely have 5 that AREN'T a pick up crew.

Now, I'd wager we were over .500 through a 24 hour period I feel. But maybe twice we mopped the floor with a team.

The ability to scout the other team is a nice feature in Rec. I can see the averages of the other 5 teams including their shooting splits.

What I've noticed is there aren't too many teams with players that DONT shoot higher than .40 in Rec. You'll see some .50 and some .70 but those are rare.

5 out is not difficult to defend if you run a zone and can execute. We won most of our games in a zone. But the fact that teams have 5 players that can all shoot .40 percent, dribble, drive AND have 17 steals as a team. I just don't know what the defense is.

As of Season 4 of 2k23 if 70% of teams have 5 players that can shoot 40% or better 1-5, I don't know what defense there is.

As of now it's hope they miss because with zone or otherwise they're getting their looks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2023, 02:02 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: My review of "COMP" Rec play.

You mention that you've found success with playing a zone defense, which can be effective against teams with high shooting percentages. Another option could be to focus on individual defense, and try to pressure the other team's shooters and disrupt their flow. Additionally, you can try to improve your offensive game and focus on making high percentage shots and limiting turnovers.
Old 02-14-2023, 07:06 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

I sent you a friend request over a week ago lets run rec.
Old 02-16-2023, 03:05 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Yea sorry buds, I left you hanging so far. Been lowering my shooting percentage by jacking on my kemp build.

You do get fed to squads but most of the time if people are 40s or close, they play ok as long as they don’t sell. I’m not a 40 or 99, but I go in w 2 usually and we usually find one more decent or we get scraped. Then u got the run out of bounds kids etc.

Defense is easy and I can carry a lot even on big. I can’t guard everyone but people seem to not understand to never help off corners. It is a zone but if you get people moving right u should be stealing passes with your body. Five out sux because people can’t resist giving up a 2 and wanna give a 3 instead.

Way too often people are too bunched or all on same side of floor on o and d. I would not worry about percentage tho cuz they are all making wide open corner shots for the most part.

Edit and dudes need to stop outlet w o looking heh. But yea the core idea with zone is to harass pnr and recover to shooters.

-Smak

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »