Home

21 is all over 23..... prove me wrong

This is a discussion on 21 is all over 23..... prove me wrong within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2023, 07:04 AM   #1
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

OVR: 0
21 is all over 23..... prove me wrong

I tried.... i tried people!!!!!

To give 23 another run. To see the freshness and silky-smooth movement of the game BUT not to be confused with GAMEPLAY. I don't see where 23 competes to 21.

Yes the colors, textures, presentation, and some movement are crisper then 21..... but this is all superficial. From a Play Now only stand point, 21 has it all. cleaner screen, superstars that act like superstars, oline blocking that gets after it and true to assignments, ball carrier moves that truly work, the qb scramble doesn't bother me, even tho I play cpu only and no real person to spam qb scramble.... it works fine. I only use it when I need to. However with the sliders I use , defenvie ends will set protect and won't allow QBs to get out very often. Elite WR route running is vastly different from lower rated WR. WR actually fight and go for the ball. DB play may suffer a little but pressure from the ends makes up for it.

Presentation is out dated but thats fine. I play for the enjoyment of sound football mechanics not to pretend I'm watching a real game on TV. CPU AI could be a bit more challenging but I'll take that over seeing the exact opposite of everything I mentioned in the post from 23. If you guys have a copy of 21, load it up, adjust some sliders, and compare the 2. It's a night and day difference. Have a great weekend fellas.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2023, 05:09 PM   #2
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: 21 is all over 23..... prove me wrong

I like them both.....so I play them both.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-13-2023, 06:07 PM   #3
Rookie

I can't go back to the old passing now so it doesn't matter if other things were better.
Old 04-13-2023, 08:48 PM   #4
Pro

This is just a rehash of an old thread
Old 04-14-2023, 11:42 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momoney168
This is just a rehash of an old thread
Yeah, nobody has to prove anything to the OP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2023, 12:19 PM   #6
MVP

Bootstrap Bill you’re a liar and you’ll spend eternity playing 4th and inches football 🏈!!!!

On a serious note (coming from a guy that LOVED next/current gen 21), it was hands down better than 22, but it can’t hold a candle to 23 (I do like the heavier juke move of 21 however, that’s about it at this point). It was a solid release. I’d give it number 2 behind 23 if we’re talking the history of the franchise since 1989.
Old 04-14-2023, 04:12 PM   #7
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I still say the Madden 23' Beta before the first update was the best Madden gameplay I'd experienced in many years...including Madden 21. I'll even go as far as to say the Madden 23 base game out of the box was the closest to the Beta that we had. Just talking gameplay only and not modes because of all the issues.
Old 04-14-2023, 06:31 PM   #8
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I still say the Madden 23' Beta before the first update was the best Madden gameplay I'd experienced in many years...including Madden 21. I'll even go as far as to say the Madden 23 base game out of the box was the closest to the Beta that we had. Just talking gameplay only and not modes because of all the issues.

I think it is now back in a much better place (M23) than when I shelved it around Mid January after an update (lost count) turned it into a massive turnover fest. I have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of 23 as well as 21 on next gen. Yeah 2 of the 10 best Maddens I have ever felt that way about.

It seems the pattern with Madden in recent memory is OTTB we love it…..Online Competitive eventually pounds the table long and hard enough and it slowly tweaks into something I don’t recognize from release to after Madden Bowl the game magically goes back very close to the release day vision. And it’s some random patch without much fanfare….and boom we are good.

Lol.

Yeah something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »