Home

EA Sports PGA Tour Adds Oak Hill Country Club, Camera Views and Much More - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour Adds Oak Hill Country Club, Camera Views and Much More - Patch Notes within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2023, 01:35 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 18
EA Sports PGA Tour Adds Oak Hill Country Club, Camera Views and Much More - Patch Notes

https://www.ea.com/games/ea-sports-p...=1684171886774

On May 16, EA SPORTS PGA TOUR will get an update which includes a new course and more. Read on to learn all the details about the update.

The new course Oak Hill Country Club has been added to all game modes. In career mode, the PGA Championship event now alternates between Oak Hill Country Club and Southern Hills every season. Menus, screens, and key art have also been updated to be styled in the Season 2 PGA Championship theme.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2023, 01:40 PM   #2
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: EA PGA Tour: Season 2 Launching Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
https://www.ea.com/games/ea-sports-p...=1684171886774

On May 16, EA SPORTS PGA TOUR will get an update which includes a new course and more. Read on to learn all the details about the update.

The new course Oak Hill Country Club has been added to all game modes. In career mode, the PGA Championship event now alternates between Oak Hill Country Club and Southern Hills every season. Menus, screens, and key art have also been updated to be styled in the Season 2 PGA Championship theme.
Great info, green!

Lots of other updates in there, too. Here are a couple big ones:

- As a result of player feedback, improvements have been made to better support playing without the putting grid:

A new low-view camera height option has been added to the zoom camera while putting.
The “Zoom = Off” gameplay setting option has been updated to allow zoom when the golfer is within 70 yards of the pin.
This better represents a pro golfer’s ability to survey greens and ensures that all players can now toggle to this low camera height to manually read greens.

- Updates have been made to cup physics, which result in lip-ins and lip-outs occurring more frequently. Additionally, the follow camera will now sometimes zoom in on the ball when it is close to the hole.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 05-15-2023 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-15-2023, 02:24 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Some very good stuff in here for sure. But...unless I'm missing something, the one major thing I was hoping for doesn't appear to be here--the ability to chose the amount of rounds in career. This is *huge* to me. It's killing the fun of career mode for me. I was really expecting it to be in this release, and the fact that it doesn't appear to be makes me fear greatly that it's not going to happen any time soon, or at all even though they've acknowledged it.

That issue and online turn play and more online modes is all that matters to me. Fix those 2 things. Please.

At least the first one.
Old 05-15-2023, 02:29 PM   #4
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut67
Some very good stuff in here for sure. But...unless I'm missing something, the one major thing I was hoping for doesn't appear to be here--the ability to chose the amount of rounds in career. This is *huge* to me. It's killing the fun of career mode for me. I was really expecting it to be in this release, and the fact that it doesn't appear to be makes me fear greatly that it's not going to happen any time soon, or at all even though they've acknowledged it.

That issue and online turn play and more online modes is all that matters to me. Fix those 2 things. Please.

At least the first one.
Yeah, only two career mode updates, outside of the PGA Championship host courses switching between Oak Hill and Southern Hills each year:

Career:

- Fixed AI Pairings so that playing partner in rounds 2 - 4 is not always Scottie Scheffler.
- Banner with golfer tee times is no longer displayed when entering into a playoff.

And the only online play change appears to be this:

In order to improve online matchmaking for all players, Social mode has been removed and Competitive mode has been renamed “Online”.
Old 05-15-2023, 02:36 PM   #5
MVP

So still no turn by turn in private online play?

or other game mode options in that setting?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2023, 02:49 PM   #6
Pro

It would appear that with the evidence provided those are rhetorical questions

Seriously disappointed about not being able to chose the amount of rounds. Career mode is dead to me until they fix that. I just can't bear doing it again. And no turn play makes playing 1v1 with a friend a non starter for most.

I'm convinced we will never get online turn play with this cycle. I do think we will eventually get to chose the amount of rounds, because they've acknowledged the issue and have to work through fixing it where it won't break a bunch of other stuff, but the fact we have to wait longer for that *very* basic feature is a dagger.
Old 05-15-2023, 03:19 PM   #7
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

I love that EA is adding some needed fixes for this game, But surely they haven't giving up on the PC optimizations? This game still needs some work done on that front.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 05-15-2023, 03:20 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I was expecting to see some tuning in this patch. How about having the rough and sand have some real impact? How about tuning the swing stick on hardest levels to allow for more penalty on poor shots? How about tempo penalties?

We have a thread here dedicated to making the game harder. This is something that is needed and I'm disappointed we aren't seeing any gameplay tuning (unless it is there amd just not talked about in notes).

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »