Home

Lowkey Difficulty Adjustment: Turn Off Pitch Info

This is a discussion on Lowkey Difficulty Adjustment: Turn Off Pitch Info within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2023, 02:44 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Lowkey Difficulty Adjustment: Turn Off Pitch Info

Plenty of “clean screen” types around; I gotta say, turning off the pitch info (final pitch location and pitch type will not display after a pitch is thrown) is a really subtle way to tweak difficulty a hair to the more-challenging side.

I’m to the point where the only thing on my screen is the scorebug, so, strike zone, pitch type/confidence, hot & cold zones, etc, I’m blind to all of this. I’m halfway to turning off the scorebug tbh. Not bc it’s obtrusive, but bc the game is all the more intense for it.

I’m not there yet. But where I have arrived is in the opinion that the pitch info display is quite a cheat. Turn it off, fellow hardcore.

Cheers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2023, 05:57 AM   #2
Rookie

Seancefc's Arena

Re: Lowkey Difficulty Adjustment: Turn Off Pitch Info

Might look at this. Pitching is just far too easy for me. Analogue, Legend, control and consistency at its lowest with CPU contact, timing and solid hits turned up a notch and my starters still always seem to dominate.

I’ve also started reading the catcher by his signals only. Which adds a good dimension IMO.
Old 05-23-2023, 07:55 AM   #3
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Turning-off all of the displays is a great adjustment for anyone. Turning-off controller vibration is another good one so you're not relying on any training wheels while pitching. I also believe that not following catcher signs is another great strategy IMO to make things more challenging.
Old 05-23-2023, 09:27 AM   #4
Banned

I play with absolutely NOTHING on the screen. Not even the scoreboard. I will never play any other way. But still hoping and waiting for the day they make it an option to have the baserunner windows on ONLY when the ball is in play.
Old 05-23-2023, 09:31 AM   #5
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
Plenty of “clean screen” types around; I gotta say, turning off the pitch info (final pitch location and pitch type will not display after a pitch is thrown) is a really subtle way to tweak difficulty a hair to the more-challenging side.

I’m to the point where the only thing on my screen is the scorebug, so, strike zone, pitch type/confidence, hot & cold zones, etc, I’m blind to all of this. I’m halfway to turning off the scorebug tbh. Not bc it’s obtrusive, but bc the game is all the more intense for it.

I’m not there yet. But where I have arrived is in the opinion that the pitch info display is quite a cheat. Turn it off, fellow hardcore.

Cheers.
Absolutely. However, I was having a real problem keeping my pitch count down. I’d be at 70+ pitches in the 4th and would then get clobbered, so I did turn on the pitch ball fade and now my SP are throwing far less pitches than before, but yeah, everything else is off/clean screen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2023, 10:12 AM   #6
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

I did this on the batting side of things a few years ago and have never looked back, Now when I miss hitting a pitch it is up to me to figure out why.
Old 05-23-2023, 10:25 AM   #7
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Oh yeah... First thing to improve your hitting and pitching is to turn off the pitch and swing feedback. This alone makes any of the MLB games better.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 05-23-2023, 12:20 PM   #8
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Turning-off all of the displays is a great adjustment for anyone. Turning-off controller vibration is another good one so you're not relying on any training wheels while pitching. I also believe that not following catcher signs is another great strategy IMO to make things more challenging.
I really hope they remove catcher signs next year. Since they're not really a thing in MLB most of the time anymore.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »