Home

Super Mega Baseball 4 - How to Mod Audio

This is a discussion on Super Mega Baseball 4 - How to Mod Audio within the Super Mega Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2023, 10:41 AM   #1
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Audio modding in SMB4 could not be easier! The only hard part is finding what you want to edit. I have not had time to go through and mark what each ID is as there are 37K audio files but walkup songs tend to be in the 500-900KB range. Any audio is replaceable, just need to find it! If someone goes through and ID's everything, please post and I will update the OP. Otherwise, enjoy the tutorial and if you need help, let me know!

Before we get started, here are the tools you will need (All free!):

WWE 2K Sound Editor (Makes life easy)

Quote:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CXH...ew?usp=sharing

Please also install the dependencies, if you don't have it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Tx...ew?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lrS...ew?usp=sharing

Without that, conversion to wem does not work!!!

This program is released as it is. Use it at your own risk! I don't take any responsibility for anything (good or bad) that may happen by using it! You should only use this tool on a clean game installation otherwise it could have some issues!

Audacity

https://www.audacityteam.org/download/

------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, once you have that downloaded and installed, let's mod (Spoilers have images):
  1. Open Sound Editor and Tools>Audio Player so you can preview in game .wem files to find the one you want to replace.

Spoiler

2. Once you found the one you want, make note of the length and this is what we will want to make our audio file's length as. Also make note of the filename so you can locate it later if you have not copied it over yet.

Spoiler

3. Find the audio you want to add, the sound editor can handle .MP3, .WAV, .OGG, and even text links from youtube saved in a text file (Though not ideal cause we need the audio length to be similar for best results). Open it up in Audacity and at the bottom middle, you will see SELECTION. Set it to your desired length making sure the total range matches the audio length. I set mine from 0 to 17 seconds as the audio file I have is 17 seconds. After your selection is how you want it, simply hit CTRL + T to trim to your selection.

Spoiler

4. Now click FILE > EXPORT > EXPORT AS .MP3 (or whichever one you want).

Spoiler

5. Go back to Sound Editor and click TOOLS > Sound Converter. Now drag and drop in your exported .MP3 file. You will want to choose EXPORT DIRECTORY and just where you want your files to export to. I recommend making a mods folder and then add SMB4 folder for organizing mods easier. Last thing you want to do is check VOLUME BOOST. I prefer 8db increase, but you can do what you want. Click Process and it will process and pop up your folder when done with your .wem file.

Spoiler

6. Navigate to your location of the SMB4 installation (Mine is "\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Super Mega Baseball 4\D3D12\assets\audio\wwise"). Make a folder inside the mods folder you exported the audio from Sound Editor called Original. Copy the audio file from SMB4 steam folder into the original folder so you always have a backup. Then, copy the name of this file (In my case - 814662107.wem) and then make sure your created .wem file has the same name. Drag and drop it into the SMB4 steam folder and when prompted, click REPLACE THE FILE IN THE DESTINATION.

Spoiler

7. You are done! Test in game to make sure it worked! I recommend testing player walk up songs first just to make sure it works. Then work on changing other audio!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2023, 11:41 AM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Super Mega Baseball 4 - How to Mod Audio

Thanks, I'll be trying this out soon!

How will this work if I have the game on two different computers, having purchased via Steam? Will one play the new files and another play the originals? Will one set be corrupted? Will they be copied over in Steam's cloud folder?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 06-13-2023, 03:49 PM   #3
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

It will play whatever files you have on your PC (that you manually put in).
Old 06-20-2023, 06:17 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 35

Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball »