Home

Cannot find New Lineup Options

This is a discussion on Cannot find New Lineup Options within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2023, 12:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

In the Gameplay courtside report, it was stated that: "In the past, our AI would tend to sub all five players out of the game at the same time. This would create an environment that was ripe for scoring droughts from the AI offense. The new system was built around keeping scorers on the floor. The system has data that supports 1 scorer, 2 scorer and 3 scorer lineups. This means the minutes are distributed to keep a scorer on the floor and ensure the starters are in the game at the appropriate times.
The new system also supports 6th man lineups for teams who have a bench player who can carry the load. It also has the ability to replicate situations where teams have a closing lineup that is different from their starting lineup."

I have not been able to find any of these settings in the MyNBA lineup management options. Is this somewhere and I just can't find it? Is it in PlayNow and MyTeam but not MyNBA/Eras?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2023, 01:27 PM   #2
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Re: Cannot find New Lineup Options

I think it falls under coach settings… substitution method or mode. The three choices are ACE, Rotation or Fatigue. I believe what you are talking about falls under ACE.
Old 09-11-2023, 01:56 PM   #3
Rookie

So being able to set up a different closing lineup to my starters, or choose two or three players who I want at least one of to be on the court at all times; that's something the computer can do but we can't?

That feels... bad. I guess they didn't promise it so it's not a lie, but it's misleading at a minimum.

Last edited by jtex23; 09-11-2023 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-11-2023, 03:16 PM   #4
Rookie

m29a's Arena

To clarify for anyone reading, the new substitution logic applies to the user as well, but it is automated under ACE.

I disagree that it is misleading, because in describing the feature they refer to "AI" and "System" which is what ACE has been since that has been added to the game many years ago now and ACE has also been a blackbox in terms of what it does under the hood.
Old 09-11-2023, 06:34 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtex23
So being able to set up a different closing lineup to my starters, or choose two or three players who I want at least one of to be on the court at all times; that's something the computer can do but we can't?

That feels... bad. I guess they didn't promise it so it's not a lie, but it's misleading at a minimum.

You can make your own under rotation timeline. In roster edit, hit the roster creator button. Look at the bottom of rotation page. Hit the option for rotation timeline. Set up your rotation. Make sure to use rotation substitution method under user settings.

https://youtu.be/vZiv7UeGGA0?si=3c7KboZjtDnAxfxC

Last edited by bo_jax2000; 09-11-2023 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Added video
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »