Home

JB's 2k24 (PS5) Fictional Draft Classes

This is a discussion on JB's 2k24 (PS5) Fictional Draft Classes within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2023, 05:54 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2

Hey everyone, I'm back this year, however, I won't be doing any scouting reports this time and the draft classes won't be as detailed as they've been in the past due to the lack of time I have to spend on them this year. With that being said I'm sure they're still much better than the automated draft classes that 2k generates.

If you used my draft classes in the past you already know what to expect. If not, here's a brief overview...

Drafts will include gems, busts, and sleepers. I'll incorporate this by using the Boom/Bust feature along with the Peak Start/peak end - and potential.

For example, you might see a player that's projected to be a mid to late first round pick with a B- potential, but he could have a BOOM potential of 90+ and become an elite player. This will allow me to replicate those star players that get drafted outside of the lottery (don't worry there won't be too many).

Not sure how many classes I'll get to this year, but I'm hoping for at least 5.

DC1
User Name: johnbaden
File name: DC-1

DC2
Username: johnbaden
File Name: DC-2

DC3
File name: DC-3

DC4
File Name: DC-4

DC5
File Name: DC-5

DC6
File Name: DC-6

DC7
File Name: DC-7

DC8
File Name: DC-8

Last edited by jeb4056; 02-22-2024 at 06:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2023, 06:46 PM   #2
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JB's 2k24 (PS5) Fictional Draft Classes

Nice! Crossplay means Xbox will get to enjoy your awesome work this year.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2023, 06:06 AM   #3
Rookie

Whatever you do we'll always appreciate it man. Know creating this stuff is time consuming. I was not expecting the gameplay and the little additions they did to be so nice. Like They finally fixed the salary cap bug so i can play my sim out past 6 years at least. So really looking forward to whatever you do this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-13-2023, 11:35 AM   #4
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Love these classes! Can't wait to try them out
Old 09-13-2023, 12:26 PM   #5
Rookie

eddiegetdabandz's Arena

In theory, if someone were to just recreate the classes you made last year, would they work with this new game??? I understand you probably need testing but it would help build a base of some classes quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb4056
Hey everyone, I'm back this year, however, I won't be doing any scouting reports this time and the draft classes won't be as detailed as they've been in the past due to the lack of time I have to spend on them this year. With that being said I'm sure they're still much better than the automated draft classes that 2k generates.

If you used my draft classes in the past you already know what to expect. If not, here's a brief overview...

Drafts will include gems, busts, and sleepers. I'll incorporate this by using the Boom/Bust feature along with the Peak Start/peak end - and potential.

For example, you might see a player that's projected to be a mid to late first round pick with a B- potential, but he could have a BOOM potential of 90+ and become an elite player. This will allow me to replicate those star players that get drafted outside of the lottery (don't worry there won't be too many).

Not sure how many classes I'll get to this year, but I'm hoping for at least 5.

DC1
User Name: johnbaden
File name: N/A

DC2
File Name: N/A

DC3
File name: N/A

DC4

DC5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2023, 06:18 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiegetdabandz
In theory, if someone were to just recreate the classes you made last year, would they work with this new game??? I understand you probably need testing but it would help build a base of some classes quickly.

Yeah. That way you wouldn't even have to think about building player archetypes. Just retrofit them to this year. Especially since i think last season was your and Jeffruels best set of classes created.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-14-2023, 11:50 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiegetdabandz
Besides a few changes in badges and signature styles that have been updated in 2k24, I don't see why they wouldn't work if they were recreated. (still looking forward to the day that draft classes can carry over from one 2k to the next lol)
Old 09-14-2023, 02:24 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb4056
Besides a few changes in badges and signature styles that have been updated in 2k24, I don't see why they wouldn't work if they were recreated. (still looking forward to the day that draft classes can carry over from one 2k to the next lol)
In the interim.... can we get a Desmond Cooper reprise in DC1?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »