Home

Accurate 2010-11 Eras roster?

This is a discussion on Accurate 2010-11 Eras roster? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2023, 09:30 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0

Did anyone create an accurate 2010-11 roster? A lot of players are missing. My New Jersey Nets have Joe Smith starting at the 3, lol. He never really played unless it was a blow-out.

From what I see, the Nets are missing:

Travis Outlaw, SF
Troy Murphy, PF
Terrence Williams, SF

I might be missing someone, but that is who I remember was on that squad at the beginning of that year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2023, 03:48 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Accurate 2010-11 Eras roster?

The Chevrolet guy tends to have the best rosters for eras I've seen.
Old 09-18-2023, 10:23 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ken
The Chevrolet guy tends to have the best rosters for eras I've seen.

Gamertag/PSN?
Old 09-18-2023, 06:16 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by taildog
Gamertag/PSN?

Just look down the rosters. I don’t remember he’s full tag but it has Chevrolet
in his name. It’s in first page.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-20-2023, 10:32 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
Did anyone create an accurate 2010-11 roster? A lot of players are missing. My New Jersey Nets have Joe Smith starting at the 3, lol. He never really played unless it was a blow-out.

Travis Outlaw, SF
Troy Murphy, PF
Terrence Williams, SF

I might be missing someone, but that is who I remember was on that squad at the beginning of that year.
I've never actually created rosters before but since there was no good ones up, I've decided to make my own using beginning of year game 1 rosters. I'm creating a lot of the missing players even the role players, and giving them semi-correct jumpshots, CAPs, dribbling(I'm pretty confident in my jumpshot fixing). Im finished up to about clippers and I'm also adding free agents like pat bev, Gerald green, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2023, 10:44 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

Travis Outlaw, SF
Troy Murphy, PF
Terrence Williams, SF

I'm not sure there's a perfect roster out there yet because it takes a lot of time and effort to do right. However, chevrolet98 does have a file out there called "2010/11 Complete Roster" that has added many of the missing players. As for whether they're super authentic representations of themselves, that's a different story. But it seems to be a base if nothing else, with guys like Outlaw and Williams technically there.
Old 09-21-2023, 04:32 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I’m using one that is post deadline. I don’t remember the gamer tag but it’s on first page. It’s only 12 man rosters but it seems fairly authentic. You may not want post deadline tho. Also there’s in that is 14 man roster on there that I have tried. It is accurate but I don’t know how accurate the players ratings and all are.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-23-2023, 05:22 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Did anyone create an accurate 2010-11 roster? A lot of players are missing.

Guess it depends on what you mean by "accurate". No way anyone is gonna have a fully complete and accurate roster at this point, especially since that Era wasn't in the game last year. So you're talking about starting from scratch. If you just want a roster with the names, numbers and nearest looking base face, you can probably find that. But it takes a long time to create a really accurate custom roster. Even the default guys already in the roster usually need edits to signature style, tendencies, gear, etc. I saw a roster for one of the Eras billed as "100% accurate" and, for the created guys, it was all just base faces and the attributes, tendencies, badges, hot/cold zones, signature style, etc. were all either random or just imported from some other player. There was no rhyme or reason to them. The line-ups and minutes weren't even updated. One of the best players and scorers in the league that year had cold zones for almost every spot on the floor and was at the bottom of the line-up with 0 minutes assigned.

Even for the other Eras that were in the game last year, they made changes to the base faces, which they seem to do every year. So the same settings from last year don't come out the same, not very close at all for a lot of guys. They also changed almost all of the shot bases and releases. So whatever shot you created for a guy last year is usually much different this year. This causes extra time as you can't just copy everything you had last year if you want an accurate CAP.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »