Home

How you CONTROL more than 1 team in Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on How you CONTROL more than 1 team in Franchise Mode within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2023, 04:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
How you CONTROL more than 1 team in Franchise Mode

Im a little confused, I cant figure out how to select multiple teams in Franchise Mode like in Season Mode.

Also, is there a way to see league schedules for all other teams and click on boxscores??.....for some reason I cant find any way to do this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2023, 05:13 PM   #2
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How you CONTROL more than 1 team in Franchise Mode

You can’t do any of these things in franchise mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2023, 05:35 PM   #3
Rookie

are you kidding me?? I thought the focus this year was deeper more immersive Franchise?

Every other sports video game allows you to do these things.....come on man!
Old 10-13-2023, 08:15 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguna
are you kidding me?? I thought the focus this year was deeper more immersive Franchise?

No. That hasn't been the focus for EA with NHL, basically, ever.
You want that level of franchise involvement you need to get 2K8 or 2K10 and a 360 or PS3 with updated rosters.
Old 10-14-2023, 08:56 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:

Definitely not. They said early on that this years focus would be on gameplay, HUT, and WOC and that they would address BAP and Franchise next year (most likely). They did make some updates to legacy issues for Franchise to improve smaller items, but it’s mostly unchanged.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2023, 01:26 PM   #6
Rookie

ok thnx....I mean I guess I can wait for next year for them to sort this out....

Did they specifically mention a Full control Franchise Mode and deeper stats and box scores?

I mean currently what I am seeing in this trial is pretty much a glorified spreadsheet that basically just tracks your own team. There is absolutely zero immersion factor and i feel like I absolutely have no connection to the rest of what is going on around the NHL. Its pretty bad.

On a side not, I also notice that goalie movements in some animations when there is alot going on, take a jerky hit to their fluidity when trying to make flopping saves....Not sure how to describe it, but either the XBOX X cant keep up with all the frames during alot of movement, or the frames of animation are missing some natural transition flows from different positions.

Gameplay at times feels slightly jerky and could use some smoother transitioning from some of the different movements I guess.....

I do like the atmosphere of the Garden when the Rangers have the momentum,. they actually nailed the chants and feel of the Garden when its rockin!
Old 10-14-2023, 01:57 PM   #7
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Im a little confused, I cant figure out how to select multiple teams in Franchise Mode like in Season Mode.

Also, is there a way to see league schedules for all other teams and click on boxscores??.....for some reason I cant find any way to do this.
It's because you can't... Not in Franchise...

And then in Franchise, how can you handle more than one team? You are signed on as the new President in the opening screen, you can't be President of multiple teams...

Your best bet is play Season mode and you have full control of every team...

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!

Last edited by gsize19; 10-17-2023 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10-15-2023, 07:24 PM   #8
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:
ok thnx....I mean I guess I can wait for next year for them to sort this out....

Did they specifically mention a Full control Franchise Mode and deeper stats and box scores?

I mean currently what I am seeing in this trial is pretty much a glorified spreadsheet that basically just tracks your own team. There is absolutely zero immersion factor and i feel like I absolutely have no connection to the rest of what is going on around the NHL. Its pretty bad.

On a side not, I also notice that goalie movements in some animations when there is alot going on, take a jerky hit to their fluidity when trying to make flopping saves....Not sure how to describe it, but either the XBOX X cant keep up with all the frames during alot of movement, or the frames of animation are missing some natural transition flows from different positions.

Gameplay at times feels slightly jerky and could use some smoother transitioning from some of the different movements I guess.....

I do like the atmosphere of the Garden when the Rangers have the momentum,. they actually nailed the chants and feel of the Garden when its rockin!
You’ll be waiting a lot longer than a year. EA NHL is the king of “listening” to the fans while not actually delivering them patting themselves on the back for it for at least 5-10 years before maybe doing something to actually try to deliver the requested feature.

Take NHL 23 for example with their “customized leagues” lol. You can do all of these crazy structure edits and playoff format edits and whatnot, but you can’t actually play the sandbox league you’ve created! You can only participate as one franchise in this cool sandbox they’ve given you. I mean, it’s actually impressive how they can listen enough to provide the customization while failing to realize that all of the fun to be had with the customized league is by actually being able to play any game within the league!

Find league standings, scores, and replays here:
https://evhl.elitevirtualsports.com/

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »