Home

On Paper Sports Football '24 Available Now

This is a discussion on On Paper Sports Football '24 Available Now within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2023, 09:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
On Paper Sports Football '24 Available Now

Hey Everyone,

I am a huge "manager" game enthusiast and have been spending a lot of my free time recently working on this football GM mobile game called "On Paper Sports Football '24", its a football gm/manager game. You're trying to build your team from the ground up via free agency, trades, the draft, hiring coaches, researching new plays, training players etc. You can simulate a near infinite number of seasons & each play of every game is actually simulated out in the engine.

App Store:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/on-pap...4/id6451453470

Google Play Store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hl=en_US&gl=US

also there is some more information available on the site with some gameplay videos:

https://onpapersports.com/

Trying to get some feedback in order to gauge what should be added/improved next.

Let me know if you are interested or have any questions, issues or any ideas to make it better.

I really want to make this game the best it can be so community feedback is crucial.

Currently it is released on the Apple App Store only but the android version on Google Play Store will be coming within the next couple weeks.

Thanks for checking it out!

Last edited by coda1324; 01-09-2024 at 10:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2023, 02:00 PM   #2
Rookie

krildog's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: On Paper Sports Football '24 Available Now

Android version coming any time soon?
Chicago White Sox
Indiana Hoosiers
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 12-15-2023, 08:30 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Hey! I gave this a look. Foremost, congratulations on getting your game out to the App Store, getting a game off the ground by yourself is very difficult!

Things I liked:

• The UI across the board is very clean and readable. In a text-heavy game, this is extremely important!

• The available team logos look very sharp, and I like that I can customize the colors of the available logos.

• I was never at a loss as to what was the next available major action to take in season mode.

• I enjoyed having multiple play call options to manage the speed of the game.

• The in-game play-by-play simulation is snappy and responsive, and week simulation speed is reasonably fast.

• I like that the players and coaches have portraits, it adds to authenticity.

Things I think could be improved:

• This might be speculation on my part, but from my bird's-eye view the play results appear to be determined by something of a rock-paper-scissors contest of offensive play vs defensive play, modified by player ratings. That's absolutely fine for a mobile game, but I might lean into this process a bit more deliberately by presenting more information about what each play call is effective against and to what it is vulnerable? For example, maybe communicate in the play call interface that Cover 2 Man is an effective counter to deep passing plays, but is vulnerable to inside run plays.

• The way player skills are communicated to the user templates Madden NFL very closely. I don't know that this level of detail is necessary for a game where we never get to see a live play happen; we only ever see play results. I think this could be streamlined to make it easier for users to understand the consequences of the lineup decisions they make. For example, maybe different players could have explicit synergies with specific play calls and weaknesses against different play calls. The play call screen could then present how many players in your lineup are proficient in each available play call, allowing the user to make more informed play-calling decisions. Speaking at a high level about the entire game, I think tying together roster management and play research / play calling more tightly and more obviously could improve the entire game by allowing success in each system to directly and deliberately reinforce the other.

• I don't really have a good understand at all of how coaches are impacting the game. Similar to how player skills are presented, I think this could be reworked to be more straightforward and less like Madden NFL.

• I would consider allowing the "3rd down" play call option to also afford the user the opportunity to call plays on 4th down in specific situations (for example: red zone, two-minute drill, game-ending four-minute offense, large score deficit, etc.)

• I would like to see the previous play calls of the offense and defense displayed in the game UI. The play calls matter a lot, understanding how the plays are fitting together could help users make better play-calling decisions.

• I don't like how the depth chart is presented for offensive line, defensive line, linebackers, and defensive backs. These positions should have more granular groupings; at the very least: tackles, guards, center, interior defensive line, edge defenders, linebackers, cornerbacks, and safeties.

• I don't see an option to run a 32-team professional league.
Old 01-09-2024, 10:08 AM   #4
Rookie

Update 1.05 Notes (Jan 8th)

Added conference realignment in offseason and in the creation suite to create & edit conferences

Added new customizable logos (letters A-Z)

Added a team profile screen with team history, stats, & schedule.

Fix for android animation issues (if you encounter issues on android please reach out. I know some devices were experiencing issues before the patch)

Various small bug fixes

Added more “links” to player & team profile screens for ease of access to player & team stats.

New rankings & week results layout, week results can also now be tapped to view the boxscore for every game

Added ability to adjust team prestige in creation suite

Added ability to adjust player development rate in creation suite

Added autosaving after roster changes in career mode

Feel free to reach out with feature requests or any bugs you come across!
Old 01-15-2024, 10:35 AM   #5
Rookie

I'd love to try this but i live in the Philippines i don't think it's released in the apple store there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coda1324
Hey Everyone,

I am a huge "manager" game enthusiast and have been spending a lot of my free time recently working on this football GM mobile game called "On Paper Sports Football '24", its a football gm/manager game. You're trying to build your team from the ground up via free agency, trades, the draft, hiring coaches, researching new plays, training players etc. You can simulate a near infinite number of seasons & each play of every game is actually simulated out in the engine.

App Store:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/on-pap...4/id6451453470

Google Play Store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hl=en_US&gl=US

also there is some more information available on the site with some gameplay videos:

https://onpapersports.com/

Trying to get some feedback in order to gauge what should be added/improved next.

Let me know if you are interested or have any questions, issues or any ideas to make it better.

I really want to make this game the best it can be so community feedback is crucial.

Currently it is released on the Apple App Store only but the android version on Google Play Store will be coming within the next couple weeks.

Thanks for checking it out!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »