Home

Things i do to make madden franchise mode more interesting.

This is a discussion on Things i do to make madden franchise mode more interesting. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2023, 04:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Things i do to make madden franchise mode more interesting.

1.) Change all outside linebackers over 270 pounds to defensive ends & Change all defensive ends under 250 pounds to outside linebackers.
This is the closest way to have true edge distinctions in madden.

2.) Max out age regressions sliders- this makes bad players regress out of the league faster and also good players will not regress out the league faster than they already do anyway. Ex. Patrick Mahomes is usually around 85-88 overall at age 37 in my 10 year sims.

3.) Max out Running back regression to 200- this plus my age regression sliders pretty much eliminates running backs being dominant past 30 years old. (You guys let me know if u want the full xp slider set.)

4.) Turn coach firing to ON- this makes being a coach much more stressful and means results matter. If you do get fired and want to stay with the same team then just wait until the team hires a new coach and become the new guy.

5.) When picking coordinators for your team make sure they have the SAME scheme or at least very similar. Ex. If you are running a 3-4 scheme you can hire a coordinator with a 3-4 under scheme or other 3-4 variants.

6.) Also when picking coordinators think of their skill trees as position coaches under them. So if u sign a coordinator with a QB guru skill tree then think of that as also hiring a Quarterbacks coach too.

7.) When looking at the pro bowl selections also look at that as an all pro selection as well. Ik there are best QB and Best Wr awards but those awards don’t account for more than 1 DB, TE or Linemen at all.

8.) When the re-signing players option opens up during the season sign your undrafted rookies that made the team FIRST to 2 year deals only! This simulates real life to where these rookies are on 3 year deals and u don’t have to manually edit the player. Also the cpu does this too on rare occasions.

Let me know if you guys like this topic and i will post a part 2 of this!

Last edited by Btj98; 12-08-2023 at 04:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2023, 09:47 PM   #2
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Things i do to make madden franchise mode more interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btj98
1.) Change all outside linebackers over 270 pounds to defensive ends & Change all defensive ends under 250 pounds to outside linebackers.

2.) Max out age regressions sliders- this makes bad players regress out of the league faster and also good players will not regress out the league faster than they already do anyway. Ex. Patrick Mahomes is usually around 85-88 overall at age 37 in my 10 year sims.

3.) Max out Running back regression to 200- this plus my age regression sliders pretty much eliminates running backs being dominant past 30 years old. (You guys let me know if u want the full xp slider set.)

4.) Turn coach firing to ON- this makes being a coach much more stressful and means results matter. If you do get fired and want to stay with the same team then just wait until the team hires a new coach and become the new guy.

5.) When picking coordinators for your team make sure they have the SAME scheme or at least very similar. Ex. If you are running a 3-4 scheme you can hire a coordinator with a 3-4 under scheme or other 3-4 variants.

6.) Also when picking coordinators think of their skill trees as position coaches under them. So if u sign a coordinator with a QB guru skill tree then think of that as also hiring a Quarterbacks coach too.

7.) When looking at the pro bowl selections also look at that as an all pro selection as well. Ik there are best QB and Best Wr awards but those awards don’t account for more than 1 DB, TE or Linemen at all.

8.) When the re-signing players option opens up during the season sign your undrafted rookies that made the team FIRST to 2 year deals only! This simulates real life to where these rookies are on 3 year deals and u don’t have to manually edit the player. Also the cpu does this too on rare occasions.

Let me know if you guys like this topic and i will post a part 2 of this!
Show me them sliders!

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 12-09-2023, 04:04 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

What does it change ?
Old 12-09-2023, 11:21 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I like the team building aspect but I admittedly do get bored sometimes simming every game. Saw something on Reddit recently where a guy talked about playing every home division game (plus one other game of your choice) and any home playoff game (if you make it) and the Super Bowl. I don’t do the game of my choice so I’ll play all home division games and sim the rest making team building paramount.
Old 12-09-2023, 11:53 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
Show me them sliders!

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app
Here you go bro! Most of this is using Mr. Hurricanes’ xp sliders with some of my own tweaks like maxing out the age regression sliders like i said or maxing out FB progression to make that position either feel like a 4th tight end or a 4th running back since every team is required to have one in madden.

Xp progression
Qb - 40
Rb - 100
Te - 80
Wr - 80
Fb - 300
OT - 90
Og - 90
C - 90
De - 90
Dt - 90
Mlb - 100
Olb - 100
Cb - 84
Fs - 84
Ss - 84
K and p 100

Age progression xp
20 - 120
21 - 120
22 - 120
23 - 120
24 - 120
25 - 110
26 - 100
27 - 90
28 - 80
29 - 70
30 - 50
31 - 40
32 - 30
33 - 30
34 - 20
35+ - 20

Xp regression sliders
Qb - 140
Rb - 200
Te - 110
Wr - 160
Fb - 110
OT - 130
Og - 130
C - 130
De - 130
Dt - 130
Mlb - 130
Olb - 130
Cb - 140
Fs - 140
Ss - 140
K and p 50

Age regression max out at 200 for every age

Dev traits
50 superstar x factors
75 superstars
320 stars

Slowest coach progression

Last edited by Btj98; 12-09-2023 at 11:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2023, 09:30 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

BJT, I plugged these in and ran with them for YR1 of my franchise, since it seems like a cool approach.

One question about the maxed out regression sliders—in your tests, does this cause massive drop offs for guys who are like 27-28 and playing/performing adequately, or is the effect more subtle than the maxed out value might suggest?
Old 12-19-2023, 12:18 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueHominid
BJT, I plugged these in and ran with them for YR1 of my franchise, since it seems like a cool approach.

One question about the maxed out regression sliders—in your tests, does this cause massive drop offs for guys who are like 27-28 and playing/performing adequately, or is the effect more subtle than the maxed out value might suggest?
I actually believe its more subtle than what the numbers actually say, so yes you are correct. The thing that i noticed from these sliders is that if a player is not producing good stats or any stats at all they will start to regress early. Busts actually happen with these sliders a lot. I ran a 5 year sim again yesterday and QBs like Malik Willis and Trey Lance stay backups because they never got a chance to play and their overalls literally stagnated. Another reason for this is because of the lowered star dev trait number of 320. I lowered this so that when a player is actually producing at a above average to good level consistently then you will notice it. If a rookie starts with a higher dev trait and doesn't produce then they will regress to normal dev trait which is imo realistic.
Old 12-19-2023, 12:39 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJuan

What does it change ?
The reason i made this change is so that really high rated DEs that are under 250 pounds should not have their hand in the dirt on all run plays especially for 3-4 defenses. Obviously this is a video game but i want to make it feel as realistic as possible. IRL if a lineman went up against a 245 pound DE on every run play it would be a massacre. Usually in madden edge rushers that have high block shed will play every down even if they are undersized so i tried to minimize that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »