Home

2024 Gaming Plans

This is a discussion on 2024 Gaming Plans within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2023, 10:12 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
2024 Gaming Plans

HAPPY NEW YEAR of GAMING EVERYONE!!!

As we get ready to start 2024, im coming off an excellent 2023 and while I do believe that 2024 won't match 2023 for me, im still expecting it to be a great gaming year for me. My primary gaming console this generation has been Xbox Series X while PlayStation 5 has been my secondary full exclusives only console. All games I list will be color coded for the respective console that I purchased, played and completed the game on. Anyway, here's my gaming plans for the first three months of 2024 -

JANUARY
With no new games for me this month and since I have a 17 day vacation starting on January 5th, I will be restarting Starfield because despite putting 150+ hours into the game back in September, I had a bug where it duplicated the save files and when I deleted two of them, the remaining files were all gone. Due to being connected online while playing, the cloud save was literally overwritten and I lost all that progress. Thought about restarting back in October but due to work and other games that I wanted to play and complete before the year ended, I decided to wait until my vacation as I know Starfield will take me the entire month if not longer.

FEBRUARY
02/01 - Granblue Fantasy Relink
02/13 - Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden
02/29 - Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

MARCH
03/22 - Rise of the Ronin

BACKLOG
- Cyberpunk 2077 (base game)
- Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (expansion)
- Dead Island 2: Haus (expansion)
- Diablo IV (base game)
- Dying Light 2: Bloody Ties (expansion)
- Horizon Forbidden West: The Burning Shores (expansion)
- Remnant II: The Awakened King (expansion)

As of now, April through July is empty for me so I should be able to finally get through a good amount of my backlog. The first three months of the year will be dominated by PlayStation 5 with three console exclusives while I wait to see if there's an Xbox Developer Direct at the end of January which should give me release dates for Avowed, Hellblade 2 and Towerborne. Either way, im expecting 2024 to be a great year of gaming!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2023, 10:18 PM   #2
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: 2024 Gaming Plans

Wow, another year and another amazing thread to follow along with.

This year will be super simple for me... I think? Lol.

I don't have much going on in 2024.

I know I'll get the new WWE and MLB games, but outside of those two, I think that's all.

Going to keep up with Pokemon and Fortnite. Just got Mario Wonder, so my wife and I will play through that.

Currently Playing Into The New Year:
Fortnite
Pokemon Scarlet
Mario Wonder
MLB 23
Madden 24

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2023, 11:34 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 8

2024 lacks the stand out titles to get hyped about like 2023 did, but that also means that there should be less disappointments. That does not mean that there are not some interesting titles though.

2024 Goals:
With so few new releases that I'm really excited for I am making this the year of completing titles. I failed my goal too complete 3 games in 2023, but I did make significant progress in a number of them.

1.) Complete 4 of the following games that I am carrying over from 2023
Spoiler

2.) Complete 3 other games (new releases or others)

Most Anticipated Sports Games:
EA College Football

Most Anticipated Non-Sports Game:
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 (TBD)
-I've been watching this game forever. Hopefully it finally releases in 2024 and hopefully it delivers.

Other titles that have my attention going into the year:
Quote:
High
Day 1 Buys

Rise of Ronin (March)
Black Myth Wukong (August)

Medium
Might get day 1, but more than likely will wait for a sale or end up passing on

Granblue Fantasy Relink (Jan)
Star Wars: Dark Forces Remaster (Feb)
Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden (Feb)
South Park Snow Day (March)
Senua Saga: Hellblade II (2024)
Visions of Mana (2024)
Crimson Desert (TBD)
Star Wars Outlaws (TBD)
Throne and Liberty (TBD)

Low
Need more info, but I'm intrigued

Palworld (January EA)
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes (April)
Avowed (2024)
Metaphor: Refantazio (2024)
Lost Soul Aside (TBD)
Stellar Blade (TBD)
Currently Playing:
Spiderman 2
Ghosts of Tsushima Directors Cut
Skyrim (Project Novlus Mod Pack)
Pokemon Violet
Old 12-31-2023, 12:44 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
Senua Saga: Hellblade II (2024)
Star Wars Outlaws (TBD)
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes (April)
Avowed (2024)

Just to let you know, if you didn't want to buy these games, Outlaws will be day one on Ubisoft+ for PC, Stadia and Xbox while the other three will be on Game Pass day one.
Old 12-31-2023, 11:29 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
Just to let you know, if you didn't want to buy these games, Outlaws will be day one on Ubisoft+ for PC, Stadia and Xbox while the other three will be on Game Pass day one.
Somewhat ironically. The reason that Outlaws is not a definite day 1 purchase for me is because of the Ubisoft launcher on PC. I hate that these companies have their own individual launchers, even if you buy on Steam. Ubisoft is particularly problematic with some of the stories of them deleting your game library for inactivity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2023, 02:32 PM   #6
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

So far, there's only 2 games I'm looking forward to.

1-Star Wars-Outlaws
2-Assassins Creed: Codename Red

I have way too big of a backlog to even consider getting a lot of games in 24..I know I had said Hogwarts would be my last purchase in 23, but I just picked up the gold version of Immortals Fenyx Rising.

So unless something really "wows" me, or I find a really good deal on something, I'm pretty well set for 24..
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 12-31-2023, 03:03 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
Somewhat ironically. The reason that Outlaws is not a definite day 1 purchase for me is because of the Ubisoft launcher on PC. I hate that these companies have their own individual launchers, even if you buy on Steam. Ubisoft is particularly problematic with some of the stories of them deleting your game library for inactivity.

Okay. I'm not a PC gamer so I play the Ubisoft games now on Ubisoft+ via Xbox Series X. You do have to connect your account but in a way, it's a good thing because you can transfer your save file. My friend had Immortals Fenyx Rising for Series S but would then play it on Switch on the go but then went to PlayStation 5 and he now has a Series X, so he'll play games that offer this feature on different consoles based on where he is in his house or if he's on the go.

Deleting the game library for inactivity is bad but a work around is that you can start the game and when you get to the title screen, just close it. Sure, it's annoying and you shouldn't have to do this but it's a quick and easy workaround.
Old 12-31-2023, 04:53 PM   #8
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

If I only play one new game in '24 (and I know I will play at least 5), it had better be EA CFB. If I don't get that opportunity, I will not be pleasant to be around. Also, anticipating some news there from EA, hopefully sooner than later.
#44Syracuse

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »