Home

Ladies on Korn ferry tour

This is a discussion on Ladies on Korn ferry tour within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2024, 02:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Ladies on Korn ferry tour

Why are there ladies on the Korn ferry tour for PGA qualification? Please allow PGA and LPGA as separate categories.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2024, 12:23 PM   #2
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Ladies on Korn ferry tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs nation
Why are there ladies on the Korn ferry tour for PGA qualification? Please allow PGA and LPGA as separate categories.
Not sure you're talking about 2K or EA, but I know EA has fictional female names in the amateur events and Korn Ferry I believe, but there are no female players once you reach the PGA Tour.

However, in 2K23, the licensed female pros play in PGA Tour events. I'm pretty sure Lydia Ko has won multiple FedExCup championships in my 2K23 career mode.

No matter what, I just really wish either of the games would have made a separate LPGA career mode like Tiger Woods 14 had. It was a lot of fun and really cool to have actual women's events and majors.
Old 01-28-2024, 12:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Sorry I meant the EA game. I didn't buy the 2k game because of that issue when you reach the PGA. I was playing the EA game yesterday though and I had restarted a career. When I was on the Korn ferry tour half of the names on the leaderboard were ladies. What's wrong with having a real life representation of the sport?

Last edited by leafs nation; 01-28-2024 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-30-2024, 10:15 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs nation
Sorry I meant the EA game. I didn't buy the 2k game because of that issue when you reach the PGA. I was playing the EA game yesterday though and I had restarted a career. When I was on the Korn ferry tour half of the names on the leaderboard were ladies. What's wrong with having a real life representation of the sport?
Nothing, other than that it would require programmers/game developers that actually watched or played golf, and cared just a little about presenting some reasonable facsimile of the sport in their game.
Old 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 0

From what I remember, EA has always done that for Amateur and the Tours to qualified for the PGA Tour. Name like Patel was coming in there all the time, it looks like EA staff just had fun to put their names in there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2024, 03:20 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkev
From what I remember, EA has always done that for Amateur and the Tours to qualified for the PGA Tour. Name like Patel was coming in there all the time, it looks like EA staff just had fun to put their names in there.
This. They don't have any rights to amateur players, so the names are usually just ones put in by the developers

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »