Home

Newbie Player

This is a discussion on Newbie Player within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2024, 09:41 AM   #1
Rookie

GoBlue!'s Arena

OVR: 2
Newbie Player

Picked up a Ps5 for the upcoming College Football game. Picked up NBA 2k24 as well. I haven't played this in YEARS. I wanted to just do a season, using current rosters, hoping to rebuild the Pistons but I'm getting my butt handed to me to the point it's not even fun. Any recommendations for an old fart that hasn't played the game in years other than just practicing? Should I step up to a better team at first? Any good newbie sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2024, 10:31 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Newbie Player

Yeah, you probably set yourself up for failure by choosing the Pistons lol. they are horrible, both in game and real life.
Old 03-12-2024, 03:49 PM   #3
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

I feel like in 2K more than any other sports game, bad teams are bad. I play my Franchise as the 76ers and I definite notice a huge different in how my team performs when I have Embiid and versus when he's injured (Just like in real life apparently). I would suggest trying a few games as a better team until you get the hang of it. With a team like the Pistons your shot percentage is going to be low.
Old 03-18-2024, 03:16 PM   #4
Rookie

GoBlue!'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
I feel like in 2K more than any other sports game, bad teams are bad. I play my Franchise as the 76ers and I definite notice a huge different in how my team performs when I have Embiid and versus when he's injured (Just like in real life apparently). I would suggest trying a few games as a better team until you get the hang of it. With a team like the Pistons your shot percentage is going to be low.
Yeah I did a few one off games with OKC, MEM and ATL and had a lot more luck/fun. I'm hell bent on rebuilding Detroit into the team I loved as a kid but at least now I have a better feel for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »