Home

MiLB Salaries.

This is a discussion on MiLB Salaries. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2024, 09:52 PM   #1
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
MiLB Salaries.

I just realized you can't set minor league salaries at $30k, $40k, or $50k in MLBTS24. The new minimun is $60k. I wonder why the change.

Also, is there any website that tracks minor league player salaries?
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2024, 11:48 AM   #2
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: MiLB Salaries.

Here's a good breakdown of what they now receive:

Salaries - https://www.blessyouboys.com/2023/3/...salary-rosters
Supplemental - https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mlb-min...roved-players/

The first one is their minimum yearly salaries per level and the second one talks about their additional money that they earn over the off-season and Spring Training. Also, according to MiLB.com, players make a pro-rated portion of their salary for each day while on a post-season roster.

So, figuring for a AAA player...

Base Salary = $35,800 (for approx. 25 weeks)
S.T. Salary = $3,750 ($625/week for approx. 6 weeks)
Off-Season = $5,250 ($250/week for approx. 21 weeks)
Total Money = $44,800

Years ago I remember reading something about how most players make the minimum per level, but the ones with more MiLB Service Time can negotiate more and if they have any amount of MLB Service Time, that raises their negotiating power by a lot. My takeaway is a career minor leaguer like Wes Timmons would make more in AAA than the normal player once he's reached his six years (then seven years) of minor league control. A player like Mike Hessman probably made very good AAA money for having at least a cup of coffee in the majors (and since he was chasing the minor league home run crown).

As for MLB The Show and MiLB salaries, I don't believe that they count against your budget until they're on the 40-Man Roster, right? So, I've never really cared what they make. The CPU continuously under pays players and doesn't have to pay 40-Man Roster players the true league minimum. However, if you're looking for as realistic as possible, then I'd probably look to pay all of my minor leaguers the $60K.
Old 03-29-2024, 01:12 PM   #3
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattynokes
Here's a good breakdown of what they now receive:

Salaries - https://www.blessyouboys.com/2023/3/...salary-rosters
Supplemental - https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mlb-min...roved-players/

The first one is their minimum yearly salaries per level and the second one talks about their additional money that they earn over the off-season and Spring Training. Also, according to MiLB.com, players make a pro-rated portion of their salary for each day while on a post-season roster.

So, figuring for a AAA player...

Base Salary = $35,800 (for approx. 25 weeks)
S.T. Salary = $3,750 ($625/week for approx. 6 weeks)
Off-Season = $5,250 ($250/week for approx. 21 weeks)
Total Money = $44,800

Years ago I remember reading something about how most players make the minimum per level, but the ones with more MiLB Service Time can negotiate more and if they have any amount of MLB Service Time, that raises their negotiating power by a lot. My takeaway is a career minor leaguer like Wes Timmons would make more in AAA than the normal player once he's reached his six years (then seven years) of minor league control. A player like Mike Hessman probably made very good AAA money for having at least a cup of coffee in the majors (and since he was chasing the minor league home run crown).

As for MLB The Show and MiLB salaries, I don't believe that they count against your budget until they're on the 40-Man Roster, right? So, I've never really cared what they make. The CPU continuously under pays players and doesn't have to pay 40-Man Roster players the true league minimum. However, if you're looking for as realistic as possible, then I'd probably look to pay all of my minor leaguers the $60K.
Excellen, Matty. Appreciate you bud. From what I've noticed in MLBTS24 is just about every minor league player with zero service time is paid either $60k or $70k. Thank-you again. Just the kind of confirmation I wanted to hear.
#44Syracuse
Old 04-02-2024, 04:59 PM   #4
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16

Through some sims I've found that while certain players will start out making higher than $60K (by way of draft or free agency), you can offer them $60K the following off-season and most will accept. Those that don't accept it, just make sure that you have a new $60K offer on December 2nd and then offer it again during the renewal phase in February and they will accept that one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »