Home

Quick Counts

This is a discussion on Quick Counts within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2024, 09:12 AM   #1
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

OVR: 8
Quick Counts

When playing as a manager and managing entire games, I am curious how many of you use Quick Counts? Does it speed up gameplay? Any pros or cons to Quick Counts?

Thanks for any feedback!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2024, 09:37 AM   #2
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Quick Counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Elway
When playing as a manager and managing entire games, I am curious how many of you use Quick Counts? Does it speed up gameplay? Any pros or cons to Quick Counts?

Thanks for any feedback!!
It will speed it up.

I used to use it exclusively until they screwed it up last year. It is not uncommon to have your SP at 100 pitches thru 5 innings.

I tried it one time this year and it was the same thing. Sometimes they just can’t leave well enough alone.
Old 03-29-2024, 09:45 AM   #3
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
It will speed it up.

I used to use it exclusively until they screwed it up last year. It is not uncommon to have your SP at 100 pitches thru 5 innings.

I tried it one time this year and it was the same thing. Sometimes they just can’t leave well enough alone.
Agree on high pitch counts. I have yet to pitch a complete game, as my starters usually only pitch 6 innings, 7 is the most I have pitched due to pitch count which is usually at 110+ going into the 7th inning.

I have thought about going deeper and try a complete game if we are winning and he is pitching well, as long as his energy level isn't completely depleted.
Old 03-29-2024, 09:50 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Elway
Agree on high pitch counts. I have yet to pitch a complete game, as my starters usually only pitch 6 innings, 7 is the most I have pitched due to pitch count which is usually at 110+ going into the 7th inning.

I have thought about going deeper and try a complete game if we are winning and he is pitching well, as long as his energy level isn't completely depleted.
Yes that is what I have tried as well and it works sometimes.
Old 03-29-2024, 09:51 AM   #5
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm going to try QC this year, I have no problems with starters going 5-6 innings, I'm used to it as a Cardinals fan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2024, 10:17 AM   #6
Rookie

mwink31's Arena

OVR: 2

If you decide to use QC, which I do exclusively for faster games you’ll want to adjust a few sliders. I find if you reduce CPU foul balls, increase SP stamina in the sliders you’ll tend to get 7 innings if your pitcher is having success. You will get complete games for pitchers that have a higher stamina attribute. As for realistic pitch counts, it is what it is when using QC. You have to take the good with the bad. Pitch count isn’t a huge deterrence for me, I’d rather get through 162 games than worry about a 130 pitches.
Old 03-29-2024, 10:31 AM   #7
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwink31
If you decide to use QC, which I do exclusively for faster games you’ll want to adjust a few sliders. I find if you reduce CPU foul balls, increase SP stamina in the sliders you’ll tend to get 7 innings if your pitcher is having success. You will get complete games for pitchers that have a higher stamina attribute. As for realistic pitch counts, it is what it is when using QC. You have to take the good with the bad. Pitch count isn’t a huge deterrence for me, I’d rather get through 162 games than worry about a 130 pitches.
Great points! Thank you for sharing!!
Old 03-29-2024, 10:56 AM   #8
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

So I’m still confused by the change last year.
Was it by design (if so why) or is it a bug they couldn’t figure out so its still in the game this year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »