Home

NHL 2010 Wish List

This is a discussion on NHL 2010 Wish List within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2008, 12:53 AM   #1
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18
NHL 2010 Wish List

Too soon?

I'll let others critique the gameplay, some stuff needs changing, some is just too tough to add to a video game, hockey is tough to simulate. But here are some things I'd like to see.

-Wingers not taking faceoffs 4 on 4 when a Center is on the ice.

-Allow the ability to create rookies PRIOR to the draft, having them go into the draft pool and any team being able to select them. It would add an NCAA 09 style depth to the game and I'd really enjoy being able to create current junior players as rookies, as it is I'm not a fan of the draft or rookies as they are in NHL.

-Allow players to change position like in Madden/NCAA. Guys often switch positions, from C to wing when a team has depth at a position, switches wings, even D to forward as is the case with guys like Strudwick and Byfuglien in Chicago. Obviously they can play there anyway, but it would be nice.

-Work on CPU trade/free agent signing AI. I've seen teams trade their best prospect for two scrubs, then immediately waive both scrubs on the same day. Making players signed to reasonable long term deals more valuable than a soon to be UFA of the same skill level would also be good, trading a player in a contract year at the deadline should get less in return than a guy in year 1 of a 5 year deal. Basically, work on rent a player logic, as well as the value of blue chip prospects. Some blue chippers will never get traded, I shouldn't be able to trade my third line 80 overall winger for Kyle Turris or Steve Stamkos. This is a lot to work on and might be asking too much, but it would be nice.

-Bring back the trade block.

-Work on fighting, again, I like it much better than previous seasons, but its just too fast, one or two punches and its over. Not a priority, would just be nice.

-Expansion teams/relocation. Again, work on the franchise end of things. Madden may suck this year but the cream for me has always been in the vast amount of options, especially in the offseason. If I want to move Florida to Winnipeg or Phoenix to Vegas let me. Like how you need to play out a lame duck season in Madden before moving, how you need to arrange stadium costs and some cities are more suitable than others, I love that aspect.

-Be a Pro is fun, but I got bored 30 games in and switched to good old dynasty. It needs more flair, more depth, and needs to be much harder. I want to start as a 68 overall prospect if I want, and take several seasons just to crack the top line in the AHL or make the big club. Maybe difficulty settings similiar to normal games, Rookie, Pro, Allstar, Superstar would work.

-Remove "Catchup" AI or "Comeback logic". We all know its there, at first I thought I was being paranoid, but its there and its ridiculous. I like teams pinching more at the point and getting off more shots, trying to make the fancy pass less often while trailing late in a game, but they shouldn't get a boost of ability in the last 5 minutes.

-Add actual coaches. I want to see Craig MacTavish or Ron Wilson or Ken Hitchcock behind the bench, and I want to be able to hire and fire. All coaches should have strengths and weaknesses; Hitchcocks is obviously defence and positioning, MacT is good with veterans and a bit of players coach, Keenan ruins young prospects, etc etc. This should be applies to assistants as well.

-TV contracts, building new stadiums, TOTAL FRANCHISE DEPTH!

--

I love the gameplay, it may need some tweaks but its good enough for me for several years, but what I want to see is more depth in dynasty mode. I dont want to get bored after 2 seasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2008, 01:09 AM   #2
Pro

pf8363's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 2010 Wish List

real shooting physics. euphoria/endorphin for goalies. might really help in the fight against cheese goals

- started 11/15/08
Old 10-29-2008, 01:12 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

How about controversial goals? Lets take a couple of the redirections to replay to see if the stick was too high?
Old 10-29-2008, 01:52 AM   #4
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12

-Penalties for hits after the whistle.
-Hits after the whistle causing a multiplayer scrum.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:32 AM   #5
Rookie

nyr30's Arena

OVR: 5

(1)-Total control of all teams in franchise just like 2k's, total contral nulifies the stupid cpu trading and allows you to keep your rosters up to date. i lose interest fast when i see players who would never be moved traded for scrubs.

this applies in BAP also.

(2)-AI needs major improvement

Offense - in BAP its too hesitant, AI teammates arent clinical enough, you can lay it on a plate for them but they hesitate long enough to let the goalie back into position.

Defense - they just back off till the point where they are right on top of the goalie.

Goaltending - they have improved over 08 but they are still someway short of what they should be, still to many stupid goals that any NHL goalie would not let in.

In general - it should be deeper and should also have the option of being more sim, what i mean is the way it is set up just now is geared to getting you to the NHL as quickly as possible but i would prefer to to have a sim option that would see you spend a season or two perfecting your skills.

Begining with a 70 rating and up till 75 the improvement could be fast then slow down till 80 and then stay at a steady speed depending on how good you are.

(3)-Option to turn trading off in BAP, i just cant play it with players being traded left right and center and most of the time just horrible trades.

(4)-Fix the problems. The same freezes and bugs have been there for years. Get rid of them.

(5)-EASHL in my opinion its too fast, it just feels like chaos out there.

(6)-seperate sliders for cpu/human

(7)-more atmosphere from the crowds

(8)-if a player reaches a career milestone it should be aknowledged

(9)-trade block

(10)-custom music for ps3

(11)-interference needs to be addressed as well as adding all the new rules and penalties.

(12)-fighting is terrible and needs to be started all over.

Last edited by nyr30; 11-20-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2008, 02:49 AM   #6
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Top Priority: Fix The Penalties, especially the lack of Interference
Pass Accuracy Slider
Stick Lift Effectiveness Slider
Board Play/Pinning
Seperate Sliders For Human and Cpu
Old 10-29-2008, 10:53 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 22

Stick lifts are way too effective in the game, and make them pay for attempted stick lifts (slow down in speed maybe?)

Make offensive zone pressure more important than cheese shots.

Maybe a bit less tape to tape passing?

Interference calls more often please, itīs stupid now. You see numerous interferences on the ice, but only a few get called.

Penalty shots getting called more often , or atleast more tripping calls on breakaways. I get tripped alot when I have a breakout, but no friggin calls!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 01:46 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

I agree, ABSOLUTELY needs Seperate Sliders For Human and Cpu

A slider for goalie's skill would be great too.

(the more custom slider control given to the user the better)

The ability to use one-timers in BAP mode.

and then the obvious, increase penalties especially at lower diff levels and increase/fix the defensive AI (human's team and CPU). The AI is really aggravating in this game.

if these things were added they'd have my $60 again regardless of any new features...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »