Home

Rumble Predictions/Discussion

This is a discussion on Rumble Predictions/Discussion within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
MVP

vernond's Arena

OVR: 17
Rumble Predictions/Discussion

How many of you guys are gonna watch the rumble? I'm gonna give the webcast a shot since i can't get ppv. Hopefully it works out better than the survivor series for me which froze once Edge hit the ring but i luckly got it back. Anyway what's your predictions? Here's what i think happens.

Rumble Match: I honestly am not sure how this goes which is a good thing. I'll guess though HHH wins eliminating Orton with Mcmahon costing Orton the rumble. HHH goes on to face Edge at WM. I think Umaga comes back and clears the ring once it fills up. Would be cool to see a big surprise entry other than someone like the Honky Tonk Man.

Edge vs. Jeff Hardy: Edge wins with help from Christian

Cena vs. JBL: This one too is unpredictable. I say Cena wins with HBK finally nailing JBL with the Sweet Chin music.

Swagger vs. Matt Hardy: I honestly don't watch much ECW so i couldn't really give a strong reason. I'll say Swagger cause i don't think they'd put the belt on him just to take it off in a couple weeks.

Beth Phoenix vs. Melina: Phoenix not sure how, probably with Rosa's help but could really care less.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Rumble Predictions?

I don't think the Matt/JACK SCHWAGGAH match takes place. Matt gets beaten up backstage by someone, who later is revealed during the...

...Jeff/Edge match, when Christian comes out in a hoody to deliver a real Conchairto to Jeff. With the amount of hype for the card itself (not much) and the way they book during this time, I can see a show long angle like that.

Every year he's in, except the year I was right on Rey, I pick HHH. I'm always wrong. Orton's the favorite, but he could get screwed by Vince. But that makes two endings like that on the same show, and I hate that. Still going with HHH. TBH, Orton's push is bigger than the Rumble, so he doesn't need it. They just have to come up with something good that doesn't involve a run-in.

Then again, Vince might be going through his "the internet knows so I'm changing it" phase and the show long angle is with Orton and he does get screwed.

I don't know...I got my 12 pack of Winter Lager and a pack of Phillies for that something or other, so I'll just enjoy the show.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:30 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Sane/Safe Predictions:

Cena Retains
Edge wins (Christian appears)
Rumbel:Orton

BUT Orton seems so obvious that I'm going to say that somebody else gets it...in my WANT TO HAVE HAPPEN prediction.

Jericho wins rumble and the Mcmahons HAVE to deal with him.

It should be good anyway the dice roll. I would love a miracle from either Regal or Dibiase, but those are too "out there" to have happen. Dibiase would be rushed with a win, but it would set up some interesting legacy stuff.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:56 PM   #4
MVP

Santino's Arena

OVR: 7

After last year's Rumble, I'm taking Batista.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:29 PM   #5
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

I say Orton wins the Rumble.

Christian appears.

JBL wins the title with help from HBK, which will pay off big time at WM later on.

Still 7 unannounced for the Rumble..anyone new or coming back I wonder?

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2009, 04:36 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 62

I could see an ending like The Big Show and The Rock had back in like 2000, where Orton and Jericho are the last two and their feet hit the floor simultaneously.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:20 PM   #7
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Don't care about the Women's match.

I have no idea who Swagger is but I know he won recently so expect him to retain.

I want Cena to win. Don't know if he will but I hate JBL (much like Orton not just becuase he's a heel and boring as hell in ring,though he was a decent comentator).

I was thinking maybe Jeff retains and Christian actually wins the rumble but Edge winning here with his help makes more sense.

Far as the actual rumble for 2 weeks I've been thinking HHH would win. I read the SD spoilers that said he'd be #1 if he lost to Kozlov. Apprently they didn't air that part on friday and he's not going to be #1. I now expect Orton to be #1 (or #2,there's not really any difference) but Steph/Vince aren't going to let him actually win. So crazy prediction time to go with a discussion in another topic,Stone Cold enters #30 and takes out Orton.

Logical pick: Jericho
Long shot pick: Morrison
Old 01-25-2009, 05:47 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Don't care about the Women's match.

I have no idea who Swagger is but I know he won recently so expect him to retain.

I want Cena to win. Don't know if he will but I hate JBL (much like Orton not just becuase he's a heel and boring as hell in ring,though he was a decent comentator).

I was thinking maybe Jeff retains and Christian actually wins the rumble but Edge winning here with his help makes more sense.

Far as the actual rumble for 2 weeks I've been thinking HHH would win. I read the SD spoilers that said he'd be #1 if he lost to Kozlov. Apprently they didn't air that part on friday and he's not going to be #1. I now expect Orton to be #1 (or #2,there's not really any difference) but Steph/Vince aren't going to let him actually win. So crazy prediction time to go with a discussion in another topic,Stone Cold enters #30 and takes out Orton.

Logical pick: Jericho
Long shot pick: Morrison
As awesome as it would be, I don't see Christian winning the Rumble and Main Eventing Wrestlemania 25.

I could however see an angle where JBL fires HBK after his match with Cena, and then HBK enters the Rumble and wins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »