Home

Boycott NCAA

This is a discussion on Boycott NCAA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2009, 06:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Boycott NCAA

First let me say that I have a ton of respect for Adam and Russ they seem very sincere about our concerns. But if this interaction does not yield a better game then it will be all for nothing. And somebody will be to blame for this game failures because the idea that a franchise can not make serious strides in one year is false.

Everybody know's the saying "Sticks and stones make break my bones but words will never hurt me". Well these forums are our words ,but our money is the sticks and stones if we want EA and especially NCAA team to respect our cries we need to make them respect is first.

I would be the first person hurt by not investing a penny into NCAA. I have been playing since Bill Walsh and have been purchasing every year with my very own hard earn dollars since 2000. NCAA above every game is the one I know I am going buy every year. But there no denying that this game has not be up to par for some year now. If we really want our opinions heard and honored then our money must go were our mouths are.

If we dont boycott why would any executive wanna expend any more resources than he has to if the status quo sells? We have to remind them that the customer is always right. As many hardcore gamer that support this game didnt show up one year Im sure they would listen or even a legit threat might be enough for us to get the product we need in this current gen and the next. I would suggest giving this dev. team NCAA 10 and if its the same thing like it looks like its shaping up to be the following year a complete boycott of NCAA 11 no buying no renting nothing!

P.S. "A close mouth dont get feed"!

Thanks to anybody for reading this and/or giving they're opinions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 07:01 PM   #2
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Boycott NCAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexdawg
First let me say that I have a ton of respect for Adam and Russ they seem very sincere about our concerns. But if this interaction does not yield a better game then it will be all for nothing. And somebody will be to blame for this game failures because the idea that a franchise can not make serious strides in one year is false.

Everybody know's the saying "Sticks and stones make break my bones but words will never hurt me". Well these forums are our words ,but our money is the sticks and stones if we want EA and especially NCAA team to respect our cries we need to make them respect is first.

I would be the first person hurt by not investing a penny into NCAA. I have been playing since Bill Walsh and have been purchasing every year with my very own hard earn dollars since 2000. NCAA above every game is the one I know I am going buy every year. But there no denying that this game has not be up to par for some year now. If we really want our opinions heard and honored then our money must go were our mouths are.

If we dont boycott why would any executive wanna expend any more resources than he has to if the status quo sells? We have to remind them that the customer is always right. As many hardcore gamer that support this game didnt show up one year Im sure they would listen or even a legit threat might be enough for us to get the product we need in this current gen and the next. I would suggest giving this dev. team NCAA 10 and if its the same thing like it looks like its shaping up to be the following year a complete boycott of NCAA 11 no buying no renting nothing!

P.S. "A close mouth dont get feed"!

Thanks to anybody for reading this and/or giving they're opinions
Do u realize what it would take for you to get enough people together to even put a dent in EA's revenue off of NCAA 2011 sales?

You would lose more money marketing and advertising than you would by buying the game and selling it back to a local Gamestop

Old 03-24-2009, 07:07 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 24

There's no way you could get enough people to boycott the game to put any kind of impact on sales.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:34 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
There's no way you could get enough people to boycott the game to put any kind of impact on sales.
I dont think it would be easy but I dont think its impossible either. We have the internet which allow people to get tons of info in a matter of seconds. There are people who launch careers off the internet with out deep pockets. I havent even mention "word of mouth" advertising so it can be done. And at the very least its worth a try.

I think its this lay down and take it mindset that keeps us from the game we want! Im sure there are enough people who fell the same way most people do in OS to make them respect us.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:41 PM   #5
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Truthfully, I didn't expect to ever see a "Boycott [Insert Game]" thread here on OS. I thought I left all that behind on the IGN and EA forums
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 07:46 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Truthfully, I didn't expect to ever see a "Boycott [Insert Game]" thread here on OS. I thought I left all that behind on the IGN and EA forums
Never been in either ,but enough is enough and being that they have the monopoly this is the only way to be respected. You cant blame a brother for trying I mean what do we as the consumer have to lose?
Old 03-24-2009, 07:47 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexdawg
Never been in either ,but enough is enough and being that they have the monopoly this is the only way to be respected. You cant blame a brother for trying I mean what do we as the consumer have to lose?
Dude,if you don't want the game,then by all means don't buy it. But really give it a rest with the ****in boycott bull****. It gets old real quick.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:01 PM   #8
Rookie

miami01's Arena

Funny, nice try man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »