Home

My Slider Variation

This is a discussion on My Slider Variation within the NFL Head Coach Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach > NFL Head Coach Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
My Slider Variation

Hey all.

I'm looking for feedback on yet another variation of slider settings.

I liked how A.J.'s sliders were feelin' so I decided to start there. I welcome anyone's comments/feedback/help/etc.. These won't be drastic changes from the other sliders, as there really isn't much wrong with them to begin with, but I figure what's another tester going to hurt?

I'm not going to keep reposting, I'll just keep editing and updating this same post here. I'll change the date below when I do, that way I don't have a thread with like 50 posts from myself.

:::Updated 4-03-09:::

Human/Cpu:Same (AJ's Settings in Parenthesis)

QB Acc:..22 (20)
Pass Blk:.38 (40)
WR Ctch:28 (20)
RB Abty:.80 (80)
Run Blk:..60 (60)

Def Awr:.30 (30)
Knckdwn:90 (90)
Int:........31 (35)
Brk Blk:...35 (30)
Tkl:........37 (35)

FG Pwr:..43 (40)
FG Acc:..40 (40)
Punt Pwr:90 (90)
Punt Acc:75 (75)
Kickoff:...10 (10)

Okay so I've raised pass protection,but have also raised break block. I'm also keeping qb accuracy fairly low because I've raised WR catch and it's somehow tied in with accuracy, having seen my passing game improve greately since then. The problem is, it's a little too good at the moment. So a few more tweaks and a better quarterback should really let me zero in on a good setting.

I think raising the break block for the defense may also lower the running game, which is all right because both teams seem to be average between 100 to 120 yards a game. Thought the strangest thing happened in my last game, I played the Saints and they only ran the ball ONCE, making it rather difficult to test the running game.

Last edited by d_max; 04-03-2009 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Settings Update
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 06:40 AM   #2
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: My Slider Variation

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_max
Hey all.

I'm looking for feedback on yet another variation of slider settings.

I liked how A.J.'s sliders were feelin' so I decided to start there. I welcome anyone's comments/feedback/help/etc.. These won't be drastic changes from the other sliders, as there really isn't much wrong with them to begin with, but I figure what's another tester going to hurt?

I'm not going to keep reposting, I'll just keep editing and updating this same post here. I'll change the date below when I do, that way I don't have a thread with like 50 posts from myself.

:::Updated 3-29-09:::

Human/Cpu:Same (AJ's Settings in Parenthesis)

QB Acc:..22 (20)
Pass Blk:.38 (40)
WR Ctch:28 (20)
RB Abty:.80 (80)
Run Blk:..60 (60)

Def Awr:.30 (30)
Knckdwn:90 (90)
Int:........31 (35)
Brk Blk:...30 (30)
Tkl:........38 (35)

FG Pwr:..43 (40)
FG Acc:..40 (40)
Punt Pwr:90 (90)
Punt Acc:75 (75)
Kickoff:...10 (10)

Okay so I've raised pass protection,but have also raised break block. I'm also keeping qb accuracy fairly low because I've raised WR catch and it's somehow tied in with accuracy, having seen my passing game improve greately since then. The problem is, it's a little too good at the moment. So a few more tweaks and a better quarterback should really let me zero in on a good setting.

I think raising the break block for the defense may also lower the running game, which is all right because both teams seem to be average between 100 to 120 yards a game. Thought the strangest thing happened in my last game, I played the Saints and they only ran the ball ONCE, making it rather difficult to test the running game.
Yeah, while I like the mentality with which Head Coach approaches play calling, there really needed some mechanism for a team to attempt to balance out its attack.

I've got a game against the Redskins I'm going to play in a moment, I'm going to try these.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:41 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks for the feedback. I'm actually making a few more changes but I want to play one more game before posting them. Interested to hear what you have with those settings though
Old 04-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
VERY VERY good sliders I am having superb sim stats and close grinding games. thanx
Old 04-02-2009, 09:09 PM   #5
Rookie

Glad you enjoyed em.

I have minor adjustments to post, but since I moved, I still have to find the box with all my stuff in it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 12:32 AM   #6
Rookie

Updated the sliders, but only Break Block and Tackling.

Also I have a request.

To anyone offering feedback and such, post how good your offense is in general.

We all know the sliders have way too much power over the actual player attritubes so its hard to make bad quarterbacks bad and good quarterbacks good. So I'm trying to work with both good and bad offenses to strike a fair balance.

I really wish EA would revamp their whole entire slider/settings logic.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:48 AM   #7
Rookie

Since the great slider find last week I've had the best games ever using these settings. For me the running game, both user & CPU, is still just a tad on the high side but this is OK by me and may be happening because there now seems to be fewer tackles for loss. The only area that is still annoying me is passing. While I'm seeing realistic stats from my QB's (45 - 65% completions & 180 - 250 yds per game) the CPU is still racking up extraordinary numbers (70 -80% completions & 300 - 400 yds per game) on me, with even second rate quarterbacks. Now I am playing as a first year coach with the Lions but if Kyle Orton was hitting at a rate of 80% for 400+ yards there would be no reason for the Bears to send him with two firsts and a third to Denver for Cutler.

In an effort to lower passing effectiveness I've tried lowering the pass and catch sliders for both CPU and USER to 20 while raising Defensive awareness to 40 but this just seems to effect my passing stats as the CPU still lights me up. I've also tried upping break block to 40 while lowering pass block to 20 just see if, with more pressure, the CPU's passing effectiveness would be altered but yet again this only seems to negatively effect my play. I know that coaching staffs and play mastery play a big part in the game so I'm holding out hope for the season but it still worries me that the quality of my opponent seems to have so little effect in the game.

Two questions to throw out for discussion.

Is it imperative that both USER & CPU sliders match to get a consistantly realistic game?

Or, has anyone found a combination of USER / CPU sliders that help balance the game play?

Thanks!
Old 04-03-2009, 09:08 AM   #8
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

i thought i read somewhere on here that if you change the cpu sliders, the hum ones have to match them

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach > NFL Head Coach Sliders »