Home

OFFICIAL - association depth ideas

This is a discussion on OFFICIAL - association depth ideas within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2009, 01:39 PM   #1
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21
OFFICIAL - association depth ideas

MY FAVORITE MODE... IDEAS ANYONE?

i have a million ideas but i'll just post a few to get it jumped off...
  • allow us to be the coach the way it was in College Hoops 08, build our abilities , influence & keep our coaching stats
  • ACTUAL team records
  • more nagging injuries that might keep playere out a game or 2 (hardly anyone plays all 82 games anymore)
  • ability to edit jerseys, courts & relocate teams like in the Madden series
  • players turn to coaches
  • weely round-up like in College Hoops
  • commentary added for incoming players, they say things about how Ray Allen is such a deadly shooter & how players are so unstoppable down low... so they they should be able to add these kind of comments about incoming prospects & CAP's too if they have a high enough ratin & tendency in specific categories. (kinda like a pre-set assortment of comments so that new players that ARE stars don't get the cold shoulder from the commentators later in our associations.
  • time specific commentary is a must for association mode but they need to make sure they are saying the right teams
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by ronyell; 03-28-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2009, 03:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: OFFICIAL - association depth ideas

I like the ideas.

-Expand on NBA.com stories (and i guess stats to) to include hot and cold streaks, issues between players on teams and other stuff i can't think of right now.

-Expand/update the scouting and draft process

-More team specific playbooks

-Ability to promote assistant coaches to head coach, hire fired head coaches assistants.

-Make the preseason part of the next season, not the old season.
Why do my players magically improve after the preseason? they should get better over the summer not on 10/31 every year. Please make association start with the preseason so i can determine my line ups before the season begins.

-Computer trains players/schedules practices

-VASTLY IMPROVED AI TRADES really needs to happen.

-Computer teams value certain skills at certain positions. I don't like seeing Elton Brand at SF, i don't like seeing most SF's at PF.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #3
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

• DLeague
    • I'd like them to put the DLeague in the game but I don't see that feasible since the game isn't perfect, so it's probably at the bottom of the priority list. If that's not possible I would like them to still have the DLeague (although not playable), but have the ability to assign rookies and younger guys to the DLeague so they can improve. Then have the ability to recall them anytime.
  • Summer League
    • I'd like a summer league in the offseason. They already have something similar giving you the ability to work out rookies and FAs before the draft and free agency actually starts. They should let you have a fantasy draft that allows you to draft undrafted/released rookies and other free agents to fill in the roster. Then you can have scrimmages in the offseason against other teams.
  • Improved free agency logic.
    • Another false advertisement this year as players tend to go to places where there position is already filled. I remember Houston had 5 pgs and 5 PFs in the 3rd year of my Knicks association.
  • Individual player chemistry
    • This one would be a little tricky and could take a bit of time. But for instance players that have played together throughout their careers would have high chemistry, i.e. Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley, Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady. Equipped with player personalities, individual chemistries could increase rapidly depending on the types of players on your team. For instance, if you have someone like LeBron, the best player on the team, his personality would allow for the acceleration of other players individual chemistries. Look at the Cavs now. Also if you were to trade players with good connections (i.e. T-Mac and VC), their individual chemistry would drop and they'd become unhappy. Certain acquisitions should also boost morale.
  • Retired players
    • This has been mentioned before but it would be good for retired players to come back to the league years later asking for coaching positions. This was done in Madden 05 or 06 I think. Also it would be nice if you could retire your players' jerseys.
  • Incoming rookies
    • This still needs work. I'm pretty sure simballer is going to make sure it's addressed this year as he said in a draft class thread that he's got us in 2k10. Anyway, we should have the ability to edit draft classes outside of association mode and upload/download them via 2kshare. We should be able to edit the complete appearance. It's stupid that we can only change eye color and can't change weight. I spent a lot of time just trying to find players with semi-similar appearances, yet there's still a good portion of odd looking rookies in the game. Let us use the CAP!
  • Practice mode
    • Practice mode should be available in association, with the ability to run plays and whatnot with your current team.

That's all I can think of right now.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 03-28-2009, 06:57 PM   #4
MattUMD224

OVR:

being able to edit prospects is the most important

the only player that lookded like Ricky Rubio for my association was 6-3 237

Old 03-29-2009, 10:43 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I like all those ideas. I especially need a d-league team because I usually draft great rookies but they want to be starter/sixth man in the middle of the season and I gotta let them go, and trade them for more first round picks. Lets hope we can get these ideas implemented by 2k11 hah. Here's mine..

-Increase/decrease player value. There should be a hidden attribute that during the season if a rated 99 player is in a slump and playing his worst year, I shouldn't be able to still trade him for dwight howard. However, if dwayne wade is killing on his contract year then he deserves to "ask" for a 6 year 18+ mil + 10% contract. I don't like the fact that just because they are an 89 rating and have A- potential they can ask for what they want, but last season they played like trash. And it is pretty unrealistic for these good-garbage players to suck their teams dry.

-A simple system to control "profits", ticket prices, etc. Probably use this extra money in trades, contracts, staff, etc. This is team performance based however.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2009, 11:43 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

Like once said before on this forum:

- Team Roles, (E.g. Rebuilding Role: The team tries to tank a season, trade for future draft picks (and actually consider them valuable) and get rid of big contracts. The team gets less bonus training camp points for playing a rookie more minutes than a Contender, while a Rebuilding team gets more points for making the playoffs than a Contender)

That would be amazing...

Also,

- D-League could add a lot of depth if implemented correctly.
- Contracts based on PERFORMANCE not ratings.

Last edited by supermati; 03-29-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:48 AM   #7
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermati

- Team Roles, (E.g. Rebuilding Role: The team tries to tank a season, trade for future draft picks (and actually consider them valuable) and get rid of big contracts. The team gets less bonus training camp points for playing a rookie more minutes than a Contender, while a Rebuilding team gets more points for making the playoffs than a Contender)

That would be amazing...

Also,

- D-League could add a lot of depth if implemented correctly.
- Contracts based on PERFORMANCE not ratings.
GREAT IDEAS!
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 03-30-2009, 03:58 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermati

That would be amazing...
I had a similar idea, except i called it team direction. Teams were either rebuilding, re-tooling or a contender. Each team would have a different strategy, depending on which category they fell under.

Contenders would keep their rosters similar and make fewer trades, unless they had a glaring roster deficiency because they don't want to sacrifice the chemistry.

Re-tooling teams would probably be looking to add one or two players or just keep a team together to get some chemistry and become a contender. If they have the cap room they are more likely to sign a big free agent, or make that big trade to try and add more talent.

Rebuilding teams would probably have the most cap room year to year but would have the most difficulty signing free agents from other teams. They would have to rebuild through the draft, or possibly trading older veterans to contenders or re-tooling teams for young talent. This team wouldn't necessarily make a bunch of trades but they would be looking for a star player to build around.

I think teams would change direction based on a combination of rating and chemistry at the beginning and middle of the season and would add team record to the mix around the trading deadline and at the end of the season. Obviously adding a great player would increase you're teams rating but it wouldn't automatically make you a contender. Having one of those summers where you sign Lebron and Chris Bosh (wishful thinking) can turn your team into a contender.

I do like your idea of things being performance based, that is where i got the idea to implement team ratings into their roles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »